Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Motorola RAZR
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Angry MetroPCS Return Policy

My GF bought a Motorola RAZR phone from the MetroPCS store in Boca Raton a week ago. She paid full price, no discounts, for the phone. Today she went back to return the phone because it gets terrible reception at our house, whereas her old MetroPCS Samsung flip-phone worked perfectly. Everywhere else, her RAZR cuts out, has awful noise, or just drops calls. We know it's not MetroPCS because our Samsung, LG and Nokia phones all work perfect. So, she brought the phone back in perfect, brand new condition will all the packaging and accessories and the receipt for purchasing the phone.

She would have been happy to return the phone for store credit on the purchase of another phone that might work better, or for accessories. They told her that they would not take the badly defective phone back and the best they would do is if she gave them the phone and all accessories and packaging in perfect condition like it was, is give her $50 off the purchase of another brand new phone.

They said their 30-day return policy is only for new subscribers. Since we have been MetroPCS customers for years, we don't get that benefit.

Is this normal for MetroPCS, or did she just get a bad sales clerk? We are not used to not being able to return a product that we purchase that does not work.

Phones
    Motorola Razr2 V9m
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Sidekick III
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's MetroPCS policy...it is right on their website (down at the bottom in fine print):

http://metropcs.com/support/metropromise.php

Refunds apply to new account activations only. Handset upgrades are non-refundable.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Motorola RAZR
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMobile
    That's MetroPCS policy...it is right on their website (down at the bottom in fine print):

http://metropcs.com/support/metropromise.php

"Refunds apply to new account activations only. Handset upgrades are non-refundable."
    I'm aware of that. We weren't asking for a refund, we wanted the phone to be replaced with a phone that works. Seems that Metro broke their MetroPromise.

Carrier
    AT&T / MetroPCS / Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why not just contact MetroPCS directly and see what they say ?

First try to exchange the phone or have it checked, it may just be a bad batch.

Phones
    Motorola Razr2 V9m
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Sidekick III
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aonano
    I'm aware of that. We weren't asking for a refund, we wanted the phone to be replaced with a phone that works. Seems that Metro broke their MetroPromise.
    Oh...OK...it sounded like you wanted a return/refund...or would settle for a store credit....didn't get that you were looking for an exchange out of it.

You have a warranty issue. This is covered in your manual on page A10 (1 year manufacturer's warranty). However, I am surprised that the MetroPCS store wouldn't just do an exchange for you seeing how new it is...is it a corporate store or a resaler?

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    yeah, i've sold some razrs without probs here. it might just be a defective phone. i would exchange it for another one and see what happens.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phones
    Samsun R210
    Motorola Q9C
    Samsung R810
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    MetroPCS Trial Phones
    Feedback Score
    Small phone, small antenae, small battery.

What don't people understand, the only reason to get a RAZR is if you want one, its not the greatest phone ever...I tell people if you rely on your phone to stay in touch this ain't the one, go samsung or Nokia for that...

But no, there is no exchange policy, use forums like these and reviews on sites like phonescoop to find out about a phone before you shell out your hard earned dough.

Your best bet is to call an actual motorola tech (which doesn't exist at metropcs) directly and have them run it through testing the RF, or sell the phone and buy the one you want...

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Motorola RAZR
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMobile
    Oh...OK...it sounded like you wanted a return/refund...or would settle for a store credit....didn't get that you were looking for an exchange out of it.

You have a warranty issue. This is covered in your manual on page A10 (1 year manufacturer's warranty). However, I am surprised that the MetroPCS store wouldn't just do an exchange for you seeing how new it is...is it a corporate store or a resaler?
    Thanks for the comments, everyone!

It was the main MetroPCS store on Glades Road in Boca Raton, so I guess that means corporate. I think I might try sending the phone into Motorola for repair, but it just seems that MetroPCS should do what they promised. It will be really inconvenient to do without a phone while the RAZR is in for repair. Hopefully, MetroPCS will reactivate the old Samsung phone while the new one is getting fixed, but I'm not VERY hopeful.

The phone was 2 weeks old yesterday, and it hasn't worked since it was purchased. I called up MetroPCS the day we got the phone and they suggested that we charge and discharge the phone several times to see if it would get better, otherwise I would have tried to have the phone replaced the day after I got it.

I've been using MetroPCS for more than four years now. It is a good thing that I've never needed any kind of service from them before. You would think they would have some kind of loyalty to subscribers who suffered through their service interruptions in 2002.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aonano
    Thanks for the comments, everyone!

It was the main MetroPCS store on Glades Road in Boca Raton, so I guess that means corporate. I think I might try sending the phone into Motorola for repair, but it just seems that MetroPCS should do what they promised. It will be really inconvenient to do without a phone while the RAZR is in for repair. Hopefully, MetroPCS will reactivate the old Samsung phone while the new one is getting fixed, but I'm not VERY hopeful.

The phone was 2 weeks old yesterday, and it hasn't worked since it was purchased. I called up MetroPCS the day we got the phone and they suggested that we charge and discharge the phone several times to see if it would get better, otherwise I would have tried to have the phone replaced the day after I got it.

I've been using MetroPCS for more than four years now. It is a good thing that I've never needed any kind of service from them before. You would think they would have some kind of loyalty to subscribers who suffered through their service interruptions in 2002.

if that was my phone, i would've definitely gotten an exchange the next day after purchasing it if not the same day. that sucks they told you to drain the battery, charge it, etc.