Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung i607 blackjack (RELEASED)

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Samsung i607 blackjack (RELEASED)

First of all...I'm not a prof. photographer...as if you can't tell.

If you want stuff answered about software, let me know. It's runs SmartPhone software, but there's A LOT more on this puppy than there is the 2125...A LOT MORE!!
    Last edited by .7; 11-10-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Phones
    Blackberry 9700
    Treo 750
    Motorola V505 (Hiking)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    It has come up on the dsl reports and another thread said that their office mate was testing it. Any release date?

Phones
    Palm Treo 750
    Motorola KRZR K1 Silver Quartz
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100 PTT
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thats cute, its got windows on it it will be the samsung R right after the moto Q
    lol

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin
    It has come up on the dsl reports and another thread said that their office mate was testing it. Any release date?

DSL reports???

"Office mate testing it...." that would have been me.

"When will it come out?" Man, I'm not going to fall into that trap. With Cingular you just never know. I post a lost of tentative dates, but...... It'll be out when it's ready. I do know that testing for this device has gone REALLY WELL. There's a Podcast feature on this phone that hiccups every once in awhile. Other than that, it works perfectly!!

Phones
    Blackberry 9700
    Treo 750
    Motorola V505 (Hiking)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    GPS- As you guessed I am very interested in this phone. You won't fall into a trap. It seems there are a lot of WM5 smartphones and PPC coming. I guess I am a gadget geek. They build it it will come!

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Man that thing looks cheap from where I sit.

Im sure it looks and feels better in person, but man I just dont know on this one.
    Last edited by .7; 09-21-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .7
    Man that thing looks cheap from where I sit.

Im sure it looks and feels better in person, but man I just dont know on this one.
    It's very solid and a lot heavier than the size would have you think. It's a bit top-heavy, but that's b/c the hump on the back (camera). I'll take a picture of the back. The back is "rubberized", sort of like the feel that colored part of a Moto V551/557 had. The scroll wheel on the side is very good. I'd even say it's on par, or better that those on RIM devices. The button pushes an firm and the key are not loose...as some raised-key devices can have. It's a nice phone. Again, my only issue so far is that the keys are almost too close together, but there's only so much space.

Last edited by gps; 09-21-2006 at 11:32 PM.

Phones
    w710i, blackjack, v3xx
    past: w810i,v3i,z520,6131,6282,6230,v3,t637,d357, v551
    past: 8125, treo650, e815,
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    That's the Q with samsung badging. If it is as good a product as the Q, it will be a very good seller.

Phones
    iPhone 3g
    Samsung Blackjack II (For sale !!)
    Samsung Blackjack I (Also For sale !!)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

You've got mail....

Quote Originally Posted by gps
    First of all...I'm not a prof. photographer...as if you can't tell.

If you want stuff answered about software, let me know. It's runs SmartPhone software, but there's A LOT more on this puppy than there is the 2125...A LOT MORE!!

Enjoy the photos.

Looks like you have a voicemail - better check that.....

I'll be buying this phone the INSTANT it becomes available.....

THANKS for the pics !

Phones
    Blackberry 9700
    Treo 750
    Motorola V505 (Hiking)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Smile So many decisions

8525, i607, E62, and the Treo 750. I think that the E62 would be the only one I would hesitate because of it's big form factor and lack of 3g capability. What would everyone else get if they were all released Friday?

Phones
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC EVO3D
    Carrier
    the now network
    Feedback Score
    looks nice hows the voice is it pretty loud? how sharp is the screen? what about the battery life?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina
    looks nice hows the voice is it pretty loud? how sharp is the screen? what about the battery life?
    Those are my concerns as well. GPS, it would be great if you could comment on both the 'loudness' of the earpeace speaker and the speakerphone. Is it loud enough to hold a 'professional' conference call through speakerphone?

Is the battery life greater or the same than the i320? Thanks.

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina
    Plenty loud for me. I can't help but compare the sound and screen to the 2125...maybe b/c the screen looks so similar. The only thing I don't like about the screen is I don't feel it's tall enough. I'm used to the height being more than the width. This one is almost a perfect square. There's a Samsung branded homescreen that's very nice and is very similar to Spb Pocket Plus. That's a nice touch.

As for battery life...I haven't had it long enough. Battery life really isn't an issue for me. I charge my phone every night, so I don't have battery issues.

Feedback Score
    A few other things, is it 'cingular' branded. Do you know if a T-Mobile sim will work? I can deal with a charge every night as well, but there are many reports of the i320 only making it half a day with even moderate usage. Is the batter 1000mh?

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truE_
    Those are my concerns as well. GPS, it would be great if you could comment on both the 'loudness' of the earpeace speaker and the speakerphone. Is it loud enough to hold a 'professional' conference call through speakerphone?

Is the battery life greater or the same than the i320? Thanks.
    The earpiece is plenty loud and the speaker phone portion is better than average. I just checked my voicemail using it and it was easily heard form 5 feet away. There are not factory audio/video clips loaded, so I don't know how music would sound from the speaker.

Oh, another thing I hate about this (and almost all new phones)...the usb/power hookup is like nothing I've seen before. For those of you with the 3125...it looks a lot like that, but a tad wider. So, no more mini-usb like the other SmartPhones I've used.

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast