Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: BRAND NEW!! Samsung Codes!! No Data Cable Required!!

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score

BRAND NEW!! a950 Samsung Codes!! No Data Cable Required!!

That’s right all you hofoers out there, I believe that I have finally accomplished/ found out every single hidden menu/secret code there is to the Samsung a950! I would also like to note that since these SEEM to be Samsung codes that these codes might work on the a930/a970/a990.(or not hotwired confrim..looks by far that is a950 only) So for those of you with a Samsung a930, a970, and a990...I need your help to report back and tell me if the following codes work for you! I have confirmed that some of these codes work on the a850, but not all. DISCLAIMER: AS ALWAYS I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY INCUR ON/TO YOUR PHONE. Anyway without further a do...
    The Samsung-Verizon Codes/Hidden Menus!

Hidden Menu Enable/Disable code (without requiring the Samsung PST Lite software)
    On the main screen of your Samsung a950 enter the following code:
    1475369126874#*
    This will allow you to enable/disable the hidden menu, on the go, without requiring any computer. This is kind of a master code so MOST of the following codes may/may not work if you do not have the Hidden Menu option set to "Enable".

Enable Cable DUN options, also known as phone tethering
    This code allows you to toggle between DUN options without use of the Samsung PST Lite software. Please note to follow the directions of this code carefully otherwise, IT WILL NOT WORK.
    On the main screen of your phone enter the code:
    ##3328873
    and press the green SEND key. A screen will appear with the words
    "User Lock." Enter 000000. By pressing the "OK" key you can toggle between the following options:
    • Cable DUN 1x Only (Allows for 1x data speeds up to 144kbps download when connected by cable to a computer RECOMMENDED)
    • Cable DUN 1x/EVDO Only (Allows for EVDO/1x data speeds up to 1.5mbps download when connected by cable to a computer NOT RECOMMENDED)
    • Cable DUN Disabled (Disables DUN connectivity)
      When you have finished making your selection in this menu simply press the red END key to exit the menu and save your option.

Device Information
    Another New code that I have found out that seems to tell you information about your phone...nothing special, but its there....
    from the main screen enter the following code:
    #43574357*
    This should bring up the "Device Information" Menu where you can browse
    "1. System Info" Your MIN, ESN, SID, NID, Channel (CDMA 800/1900MHz) and Battery.
    "2.Version" Your S/W, H/W, PRL, ERI, Browser Info, and BREW Info
    "3.Capability" Language, Types of Data/Messages supported and your Technology (CDMA 1x digital, Dual Mode, EvDo...etc.)
    ..That’s it...again nothing special inside, but if you want to take a look, and if you a930/a970/a990 users have anything different that might be of interest...please tell us.

Maltrace Log Enable/Disable
    Alright let me start of by saying that I have no idea whatsoever what this is supposed to do, I have connected it to the PST...accessed other hidden menus, allover the phone, and it does not enable/disable anything as far as I know of..and I believe it’s probably just for Verizon/Samsung Customer Representatives to maybe trace info off the phone is some sort of way that only they know of. Anyway, if anyone figures out what it might do....please tell me.
    To "Enable" Maltrace Log
    On the main screen of your Samsung phone enter
    78274283*741
    The "MALTRACE LOG ENABLED" menu will pop-up, you can press OK to continue, or it will be gone by itself in about 2 seconds.

To "Disable" Maltrace Log"
    On the main screen of your Samsung phone enter
    78274283*740
    The "MALTRACE LOG DISABLED" menu will pop-up you can press OK to continue or it will be gone by itself in about 2 seconds.
    Alright...now I'm just going to review some codes here that have been discussed before on HowardForums but since the Hidden Menu can now be enabled without use of a data cable and a computer, I thought it might be good to show how to access WAP Settings, GetItNow, MP3 Enabled Menu...etc.
    Wap Settings
    To access WAP Settings, please have the Hidden Menu option set to "Enabled" above then:
    Access your "GetItNow" main menu. In this menu press the "#" key and enter your Lock Code (most commonly your last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you changed it within the Security Menu)
    Here you can access you Browser Settings, which you can use a different alternative internet WAP service provider to Verizon's MobileWeb 2.0, with the Settings provided by the alternative WAP service provider. I recommended using one of the following, since they seem to be the 2 most popular WAP service providers/redistributors on HowardForums...
    • HN Proxy at...an excellent WAP service provider, with minimal service charges...only $12 a year, with very helpful Support and simple setup
      Find out more at http://www.hopke.net/proxy
    • HottProxy...a completely DIY (Do-It-Yourself) WAP service where it redistributes your current internet connection on your computer, to your phone, and although it is 100% free...it requires your computer to have HottProxy running all the time with your computer on which may cause some people trouble.
      Find out more at http://www.hottproxy.org

Access the Hidden Menu to Enable MP3 Menu Item, as well as a GetItNow Test, and Brew Information
    To access the "GetItNow Hidden Menu(s)", please have the Hidden Menu option set to "Enabled" above then:
    Access your "GetItNow" main menu. In this menu press the "0" key and enter your Lock Code (most commonly your last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you changed it within the Security Menu)
    There should be 3 menu options (please note that this is for the Samsung a950, as the a930 and a990 seem to have the menu moved elsewhere)
    "1. PEK Test" This just brings you to a minimal version of GetItNow, a test version.
    "2.Brew Info" Brew Information about your phone...and since BREW 2.0 has not been hacked yet, the information here is somewhat useless.
    "3. MP3 Menu Item" Here you can "Enable" the MP3 Menu on your a950. Select Enable from the menu, and the OK button...your phone should be reset...The following new options are created:
    • Under "Get Tunes and Tones" in GetItNow, the "My MP3s" option is added, but you should not be able to access it until you have added songs to a microsd/transflash card, which will be explained.
    • Under "Tools" in "Settings & Tools", the "MP3 Player" option is added, which is basically a shortcut from the "GetItNow" menu.
    • Under "Tools-->Shortcut Key" in "Settings & Tools", the "Play Key" option is added, which allows you to select "My MP3s" or "My Music", and enables MP3 usage from the external screen.

Access the MMS Settings Menu
    To access the "GetItNow Hidden Menu(s)", please have the Hidden Menu option set to "Enabled" above then:
    Access your "Messaging" main menu.
    Select "Settings" then press the "*" key...please enter the corresponding codes for your phone model:
    A950: 950667
    A970: 970667
    A990: 990667
    A870: 870667
    Please also note...that I have only tested this code on the A950 only, so it may vary if it'll work on the other phone models posted. You should also be able to access this menu with other Samsung phones by just putting your 3-digit model number of your phone, in front of the 667.
    Here you can access all MMS information available, and you can change it freely to enjoy free Pix/Flix messages. If someone would like to write a tutorial about how to set this up using a free MMS server or create one of your own...please be my guest, but refer back to this thread for information on how to access the menu, as I would like to see what phone models, this menu is accessible on. Thank you.

Service Programming Menu
    The Hidden Menu does not have to be "Enabled" to access this menu.
    To access this menu go to the "Settings & Tools" main menu, and press "*".
    Enter 000000...this will bring you to your service programming menu where you can access your ESN #, call quality enhancement, and Network Settings...etc.
    THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS MENU...THIS CAN ENABLE YOUR PHONE NON-FUNCTIONAL SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL, AND TAKE NOTE TO THE DISCLAIMER ABOVE.
    Press Exit to leave the menu, and your phone will reset

System Info Menu
    The Hidden Menu does not have to be "Enabled" to access this menu.
    Press “#" in the "Settings & Tools" main menu.
    Enter 000000...this will bring you to the System Info Menu where you can access different menus, that in most usefulness allow for better voice quality...please refer to other threads, or send me a PM about this.
    Now while in this menu press "0" or you can select the "Bluetooth" option and press "0"...either way in brings you to the same options.
    Enter the following User Lock code:
    This will bring up the "PARAM EDITOR" where only the "Build Version" option is able to be accessed. On other phone models though there have been reports that "SYSINFO Editor" and "USERPREFS Editor" can be accessed, and this may be useful to you.

Phone Debug Menu
    The Hidden Menu does have to be "Enabled" to access this menu.
    This code has been talked about throughly here...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=914759
    PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLLOWING CODE CAN COMPLETELY REBUILD YOUR PHONE AND YOU MAY LOSE ALL DATA. Please read the thread above to find out more.
    On the main screen enter
    47*68#13580
    The best way to exit this menu is to remove the battery, since the codes stated in the thread above may be different with your phone model..so if you have everything backed up and have got nothing to lose, you may mess around with this menu freely the way you want to.

Miscellaneous
    Alright I believe that’s it...If you find a new code please state it in the thread below or you may send me a PM or if that is full drop me a message at "donotsendmespam[email protected] (please remove the "donotsendmespam" area...it is a safety precaution to disallow misuse of this e-mail address)
    This e-mail address is available to all Samsung-Verizon phone users, please have the Subject when you send as e-mail as "I need help with my Samsung XXXX" and place the model number in the "X" area. disregarding to do this may have your message set as spam...and also I will not accept any attachments. No exceptions. I will not always be available so please be patience for a response. Thank You!

Oh..and one last thing...if you care to share this elsewhere, on another forum, or to give to a website as instructions on how to enable something please say where you found it...it took me an extremely long time to figure all this out...and it was a lot of hard work, I thank you for your common courtesy.
    Last edited by dominic241; 09-28-2006 at 03:04 AM.
    My a950 is now fully capable of:
    *DUN(1x or EVDO, I have the choice of choosing)
    **A fully functional WMA and MP3 Player
    ***HN Proxy Service(ByeBye $5 MW 2.0...)

So what can your phone do?
    Wow, it can make calls, and send text messages...oh you say it has a camera...that's nice...

Wait what do you mean you can use DUN over Bluetooth!! Darn you (vx8100 speaking)

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a990
    Feedback Score
    Cool info dominic, sweeeet!!! Give me a minute and I'll try my a990.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a990
    Feedback Score
    "Hidden Menu Enable/Disable code (without requiring the Samsung PST Lite software)
    1475369126874#*
    "
    What do you do after you enter these numbers? It doesn't do anything.

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwired
    Cool info dominic, sweeeet!!! Give me a minute and I'll try my a990.
    Cool..tell me everything that works...and what doesn't work... (just what codes do work, don't need to tell me what are in the menus...unless its something really cool and of utmost importnace...like Bluetooth OBEX?)

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    "Hidden Menu Enable/Disable code (without requiring the Samsung PST Lite software)
    1475369126874#*
    "
    What do you do after you enter these numbers? It doesn't do anything.
    ACK!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? It should pull up a Hidden Menu automatically with Enable/Disable...oh well there goes the a990...

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a990
    Feedback Score
    Device Information...
    #43574357*

OK this one works on the a990. So there is hope lol. (darn it) I want my MMS... sike!

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Okay..the device info thing...yeah, not sure if thats going to help...I think all Samsung-Verizon phones should be able to access that...but the master hidden menu code is the wholly glory of it all....

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a990
    Feedback Score
    This is done on the main screen, right? Are your numbers right? Shouldn't it start with # or * instead of 1?

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    This is done on the main screen, right? Are your numbers right? Shouldn't it start with # or * instead of 1?
    Nope...I have my a950 right in front of me and it is correct..I double-checked all the codes to make sure they are correct...

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-a990
    Feedback Score
    Oh well... I tried it with the a930 too but to no avail. I guess we do need a PST for the a990.

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Oh well... I tried it with the a930 too but to no avail. I guess we do need a PST for the a990.
    or a f/w dump...That would be a nice way to get a hold of bluetooth...

Device(s)
    LG VX9700 (Dare)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    VERY impressive Dominic. I have no idea how you found this information but you are amazing. Oh, mods please sticky. This will be a VERY popular thread.

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox15
    VERY impressive Dominic. I have no idea how you found this information but you are amazing. Oh, mods please sticky. This will be a VERY popular thread.
    Okay...let me tell you...I took one day(alright all-in-all it took weeks for me to actuall find all the codes) to search the firmware dump we had on the a950...and boy did it talk a extremely long time for me to find alll this and get it to work...I've had some of the codes for a little while but some of the other codes were a alot harder to find...they were buried very deep in the firmware, and I had to search pages and pages for special keywords and codes....but eventually I found most of them just clumped up together in one spot, and well the codes worked...thanks.
    Last edited by dominic241; 09-28-2006 at 09:51 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "hidden code" 1475369126874*# isnt working on an 850 or 870 here..

Id like to be able to master reset these as there is no way to blank the phonebook
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    a950
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB
    "hidden code" 1475369126874*# isnt working on an 850 or 870 here..

Id like to be able to master reset these as there is no way to blank the phonebook
    Yeah I've already confirmed that only the Dvice Info seems to work on the A850...sadly it seems the same for the a870 apparently...

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast