Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread: The Official KRZR K1m Alltel Software/Firmware and Activation Thread

Device(s)
    KRZR k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone help me? I'm new to this flashing phone's to other softwares and things. What are the advantages and downsides of flashing the verizon KRZR k1m to alltel?

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by *Puma*
    Can anyone help me? I'm new to this flashing phone's to other softwares and things. What are the advantages and downsides of flashing the verizon KRZR k1m to alltel?
    You need to do some searching. All of your questions are answered in this forum. I'll answer this basically for you. The major advantages of flashing to Alltel are a skinnable interface, fully unlocked bluetooth (OBEX, OPP, DUN, etc...), faster responding UI, just better all around. Your disadvantage is that you void your warranty completely by doing it and you cannot do *228 updates over the air, but with PST you can do the PRL update manually, so it's no problem. Do yourself a favor and read everything in this forum before you attempt it. Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if you guys have it, but the 00.26.19 Alltel K1m firmware is available.
    It is NOT a monster file, just the normal Alltel upgrade flash file.

I posted it on my www.humpa.com/vzw page.

EDIT: someone just sent me the rapidshare link to it. I don't know anything more about it. Use at your own risk, as always. I also don't know if the person wants to remain nameless - he didn't say, so I won't give him any props.
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-04-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I don't know if you guys have it, but the 00.26.19 Alltel K1m firmware is available.
    It is NOT a monster file, just the normal Alltel upgrade flash file.

I posted it on my www.humpa.com/vzw page.

EDIT: someone just sent me the rapidshare link to it. I don't know anything more about it. Use at your own risk, as always. I also don't know if the person wants to remain nameless - he didn't say, so I won't give him any props.
    Has anyone tried this yet?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irascible04
    Has anyone tried this yet?
    Yeah, I did. It breaks the USB flash drive functionality to boot!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=8999111
    Last edited by luiset83; 04-06-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    sorry for not reading the whole thing but i was just wondering if these things work

EVDO
    DUN
    MMS
    GIN

Feedback Score
    I recenly flashed my verizon k1m to Alltel. Everything is working great except i can't recieve MMS messages. When one is sent to me, i get a text saying "You have a new picture message," but when i go to download it, it says it couldn't be downloaded.

I followed the instructions on http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Monster2.htm word for word. I also tried the "Fixing MMS (Method 3)" from the HoFo Wiki. I got all of Goldmembr's seems loaded onto the phone. However, when i go to the programming menu / websessons, the VZW websession is locked, so i can't edit it and complete the fix.

Has anyone had similar troubles, or does anyone know which seem i have to edit in order to unlock the VZW web session? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Device(s)
    krzr - alltel 24.0_00.26.11
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    OK! I finally gave up on customizing vz ui on my k1m... I used monster2. With the exception of a couple of minor issues - I have wap, dun, mms, getitnow working. This is first phone i have done, so issues were probably my own doing... had to do step 7. still cannot figure out why...! It was not obvious at first how to get magic #'s from that backed up seem...oh - nooobie!

!!!Everyone is right!!!, UI is alot faster. Features everywhere...! Outside buttons work, usb thumb drive, full bt! haha, it's a new phone!!!

A couple of questions on more basic stuff... that i have encountered thus far.

1. Is it possible to get into nvm folder now with alltel flash?
    2. Some of my music will no longer play with sounds progam (m4a, m4p, etc) with alltel flash. Can I turn that back on?
    3. If I want to put vcast on, should i use the files listed on original monster? saw no mention of it on monster2.
    4. I can see ringtone folders with some programs but they appear to be semi-locked... I put new rt's in phone audio folder but you do not see the rt's that are already in phone...? where are they hiding?
    5. is there a modded 2742 seem that anyone recomends for this config?
    6. is there a way to keep all outside button functionality - except re-map etc the camera one (when flip closed.). If not, it is a small price to pay for all added features... just be nice if there was a way to exit camera without opening flip.
    7. someone made mention of a fix for "axcess" in setup menu... I saw a link earlier in this post. Does that fix anything else other than the "axcess". I was reluctant to try, only because I figured that if the fix was decent it would be included in monster2.
    8. is there a way to tell mp3 player not to prompt you when you exit?

And (to answer an earlier post), DUN via BT - works great on this phone. (It did with vz flash aswell.)

reply or pm on any of these.

Thank You for any assistance.

Special Thanks goes to all the Guru's out here!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moibus
    I recenly flashed my verizon k1m to Alltel. Everything is working great except i can't recieve MMS messages. When one is sent to me, i get a text saying "You have a new picture message," but when i go to download it, it says it couldn't be downloaded.

I followed the instructions on http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Monster2.htm word for word. I also tried the "Fixing MMS (Method 3)" from the HoFo Wiki. I got all of Goldmembr's seems loaded onto the phone. However, when i go to the programming menu / websessons, the VZW websession is locked, so i can't edit it and complete the fix.

Has anyone had similar troubles, or does anyone know which seem i have to edit in order to unlock the VZW web session? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    I am not an expert, but i do not think you can modify that one. you have to create a new one as listed in guide (monster2).

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    I found several Alltell KM1's on ebay if I buy one of those I can hook it up to verizon and not have to worry about the ****** UI?

also with the alltell version will the side buttons work to change ring style?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    I haven't found a definite answer other than what I've tested so far... (It hasn't worked with an .m4a)

Does the K1m with the Alltel .11 monster flash support AAC files? How about .m4a files? (like the ones encoded with iTunes?)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    I haven't found a definite answer other than what I've tested so far... (It hasn't worked with an .m4a)

Does the K1m with the Alltel .11 monster flash support AAC files? How about .m4a files? (like the ones encoded with iTunes?)
    I have not been able to get it to work with .m4a. About a third of the music files I had pre-flashing to alltel were in that format. I was hoping someone new how to turn that on. I figured the moto sounds program wood support, just not turned on.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moibus
    However, when i go to the programming menu / websessons, the VZW websession is locked, so i can't edit it and complete the fix.

The guide does NOT tell you to edit the default VZW one... it has you create a VZW_MMS web session (i.e. a 2nd web session)...

See PART 5 of the Monster2 write up. The part about editing the RTT 1X Browser file, and configuring the PROXY 2 tab... then writing to your phone.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    The guide does NOT tell you to edit the default VZW one... it has you create a VZW_MMS web session (i.e. a 2nd web session)...

See PART 5 of the Monster2 write up. The part about editing the RTT 1X Browser file, and configuring the PROXY 2 tab... then writing to your phone.
    I am in a similiar situation as Moibus post #742. I though mms was working correctly but...

-Recently flashed k1m. (monster2 - alltel xx-11p)
    -Everything works - wap,dun,getitnow,vcast,etc.
    -mms partially works.
    -I can send outbound pictures via mms or to external email address.
    -I can send pic to phone using [email protected] from external address.

-When pic is sent from another mobile, I get the message, but when it downloads pic... it errors out. unable to download. Exact same pic can be sent to phone from external email address.

It seems like setting are correct, or it would not work at all (maybe wrong line of thinking).

Can anyone think of a setting that would only effect downloading actual pic from mms server?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hcj322
    I am in a similiar situation as Moibus post #742. I though mms was working correctly but...

-Recently flashed k1m. (monster2 - alltel xx-11p)
    -Everything works - wap,dun,getitnow,vcast,etc.
    -mms partially works.
    -I can send outbound pictures via mms or to external email address.
    -I can send pic to phone using [email protected] from external address.

-When pic is sent from another mobile, I get the message, but when it downloads pic... it errors out. unable to download. Exact same pic can be sent to phone from external email address.

It seems like setting are correct, or it would not work at all (maybe wrong line of thinking).

Can anyone think of a setting that would only effect downloading actual pic from mms server?
    Edit: Reloading mmsdata seemed to fix my issue.

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast