Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG CU500 Gmail Contact Importer

Device(s)
    LG CU515
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the update!

Hmm. So with Google's new Contacts API, is your app still necessary?
    I'm pretty new to this stuff, trying to find my way around ;-)

Thanks!
    PF

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfraterdeus
    Hmm. So with Google's new Contacts API, is your app still necessary?
    I'm pretty new to this stuff, trying to find my way around ;-)

Thanks!
    PF
    The Contacts API is just that, an API. So there needs to be something that utilizes this API to make it useful. (If I ever get to it) The contact importer application could work with the API to bring your gmail contacts to the handset. The API is a "web service" API. So instead of manually downloading the contacts file from gmail and then loading it on the phone, the app could just communicate with gmail directly (via the API).

Feedback Score
    I don't know if this thread is monitored anymore (the last post was from 2008) but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a contact importer. However I would like to get the contacts OFF of my phone. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

If the developer of this little program has knowledge of the directory structure of the LG and the know-how to program something that will write data to the phone it seems like a logical step that it would be possible to read data from the phone to a computer.

Thank you.

EDIT: I actually have a LG CU515 but I imagine the differences between the CU500 and the CU515 are insignificant in terms of software accessibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2