Thread: Amazon and employee discount

Feedback Score

Amazon and employee discount

If I were to buy my phone for the cheaper Amazon price, does anyone know can I immediately apply my Tmobile Premier discount (through my employer) or does that violate their rebate/pricing terms since I am in effect paying less money for the same plan? Anyone have any experience with this?
    Thks

Feedback Score
    Is the discount coming from your employer or from Tmobile? If it's coming from Tmobile I highly doubt there going to give you any kind of discount. Resellers keep their own inventory. Also I don't believe Amazon does upgrades, just new activations.

Feedback Score
    Oh sorry I guess I should clarify. The discount would be from Tmobile on their service (I'm not talking about equipment discounts). My employer (citigroup) has a deal where my employer's employees get discounts on service with all the major cell providers. I know this is pretty standard with a lot of large companies but I don't know if anyone has successfully did it with a new Amazon purchase. As for upgrades I'm looking at dumping sprint for new lines of service with tmo (that Myfaves looks sweet).

Phones
    Motorola V600
    Samsung T629
    Feedback Score
    I think you have to call T-Mobile for that employee discount. They will need proof of some sort..like your company email address. Amazon just sell you the phone and sign you up for service.

Feedback Score
    Tony your exactly right. My question is when you apply that discount through tmobile (after making the Amazon Purchase) does Amazon give you any hassles (like deny your Amazon rebates or try to bill you for a non discount phone price, would Amazon get screwed out of their carrier rebate since now you have discounted service) as technically your lets say 69.99 plan is with the discount lets say 60.99. See what I'm saying?

Phone
    HTC G1 - Tmobile
    Carrier
    T-Mobile (just the big pink T for now)
    Feedback Score
    what is the deal that you are looking for exactly? I know that a lot of handsets are extremely discounted when purchasing from T-Mobile using a corp discount. The prices probably will not be exactly the same but check this to get a good idea.

http://www.t-mobile.com/starbucks

Free 6103
    Free T509
    Free RAZR (Grey or Pink)
    Pearl $150

Feedback Score
    Right from amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...312669-0774403

Your price paid includes an Equipment Discount of $250 that has been provided to you by this T-Mobile authorized agent for activating a new non-substitute line of service with T-Mobile, and maintaining this new line of service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days.

5. Will not change your T-Mobile service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate

They have the T629 slider for $50 the company discount price is about 150 or so

Phones
    Moto RIZR v3
    Moto v330
    Samsun SHG-E105
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There is your answer then
    ~Eric

Phones
    Motorola V600
    Samsung T629
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckg1208
    Right from amazon site

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...312669-0774403

Your price paid includes an Equipment Discount of $250 that has been provided to you by this T-Mobile authorized agent for activating a new non-substitute line of service with T-Mobile, and maintaining this new line of service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days.

5. Will not change your T-Mobile service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate

They have the T629 slider for $50 the company discount price is about 150 or so

Thats is a good point. My lil sister was planning on applying her college student discount, when I get the new phone and plan this week. Guess i will hold off on that or if it even worth it.

You should email amazon.com regarding this issue. If you dont get your answer from the email...there a option to have them call you back. Sometimes some of those amazon customer service people are idiots, last time took me 3 emails to get my answer.

Isnt this sorta in a grey area..not really specific. If i read that ..I would think they mean like if you sign up for $69.99 monthly plan you should not downgrade to an 59.99 monthly plan. So, I dunno if a company discount apply in this area.

I will also email amazon regarding this..see what they say. Oh yeah, the t629 is FREE after $50 T-Mobile rebate.

Thanks for the heads up ckg1208

Feedback Score
    Thanks Tony that is a grey area since technically I/You would not be changing your plan to a lower tier plan (ie 69 1000 to 59 700 or something) just getting a discount on the same plan you originally choose. I'll send Amazon a note tommorow and see what they say.