Thread: how do i check my Sprint phone's monthly data usage?

Feedback Score

how do i check my Sprint phone's monthly data usage?

Hey all.

I'm a newbie on the boards, so be kind.

I'm probably going to be switching to Cingular soon. I've been a Sprint customer for several years in the Phoenix area and have been unhappy. I dropped a ton of calls in my old apartment. I recently moved into a new house with three other guys that are also on Sprint, and we are all dropping calls like mad. Plus my best friends are on Cingular, and I'm looking forward to free calls to them.

So anyway, Cingular's data plans are so much more expensive than Sprint's, as I'm sure you know. They have several mb at different price points. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to get the Cingular 2125 smartphone instead of my usual Treo due to the fact that unlimited data is a reasonable $20/month on Cingular with smartphones. However, I'm tempted to get a Treo 680 when it comes out. However, I really don't want to pay $45/month for crappy slow unlimited Edge data service, so I've been looking for a way to check my data service online or on my phone so that I might know if I might know if, on estimate, I might be able to pay for a set amount of data usage. BTW, right now I'm using a Treo 650 and Vision data service, not Power Vision. Thus far, I've been able to find out how much data I've downloaded in total on this phone, but I still haven't found a way to check my monthly rate. When I check online, I only find my minutes used and text messages used. I did do a search on the board for "data usage" but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm sorry if this is easily findable/common knowledge, but I missed it.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by libmanj; 10-09-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Phones
    LG Fusic
    PM-225
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I need to know how to check data use as well on Sprint, although I don't think it's possible.

Phones
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Every month on my billing date I record the lifetime data usage on my Treo ("##786" & "dial"). I keep the info in a note on a dialer contact (because contacts are easier to access than memos, etc.)

I set a repeating event in the calendar to remind me on my billing cycle day every month.

Not elegant and not automatic, but it works fine.

Phones
    LG Fusic
    PM-225
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I wish Sprint would be able to show this on the usage summary though. Maybe if you called *2 and asked they would tell you.