Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: N73 black housings on eBay

Device(s)
    samsung D600
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Hey fidorulz,
    Awesome job with the phone. Is from the photos you took the process of taking apart and re-assembling looks easy, but is it easy? I was thinking about changing my sliver face plate with white face and key pad. I want to change the both front and back, but it looks complicated. I am hopeless when it comes to assembling things. Anyways, I'll give it a try. I hope I don't screw things up.
    kalio

Feedback Score
    looks cheesy. bleh

Feedback Score
    looks cheesy???!!! you're nuts !! it looks just like an OEM housing!!

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kalio
    Hey fidorulz,
    Awesome job with the phone. Is from the photos you took the process of taking apart and re-assembling looks easy, but is it easy? I was thinking about changing my sliver face plate with white face and key pad. I want to change the both front and back, but it looks complicated. I am hopeless when it comes to assembling things. Anyways, I'll give it a try. I hope I don't screw things up.
    kalio
    I recommend the foloowing tools. 1 T6 screwdriver. 2 credit cards. Air in a can to remove dust.

Small but solide needle to remove the parts I mentioned above.

Its easy but take your time.

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    I recommend if your going to buy a housing to get one that has the slider already assembled. There are some that are not assembled for sale but its less of a headache.yes its a bit more expensive but I think its worth it. With the one I got these parts where included

1-Memory card door
    2-camera button
    3-gallery button
    4-Zoom button
    5-Moisture test strip I thing (used by techs to see if water damage in phone)
    6- Speaker grill padding (middle comes out)
    7-Padding for item 4 in previous pic number above (middle comes out)
    8-Spring for camera button

Feedback Score
    was the one you got from ebay with the slider assembled?/

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Ya it was.In terms of tools I recommend also tweezers since the spring for the camera button is a pain to install without some.

Here is the best advise. Set yourself aside from any distractions till your done. Have all your tools readily available as well as the instructions and pictures available infront of you.

Here are all the instructions together. (Im not taking credit for other peoples stuff just consolidating it)

Remove battery, sim and memory card

Remove the front plate by using a credit card. Place the credit card ontop of the c but under the housing in the bottom right hand corner until the housing lifts a bit. Leave that credit card there and with another one go around the housing from the gap you just created thus lifting the plate.

Remove the 6 screws here

Remove the screen frame by lifting it off the holders (not the white holes you see in the pic but beside those are smaller holes)

Remove the screen by lifting the cable from the connector

Unscrew the last screw

Remove the Memory card door

Now to remove the main board by pressing on the sides a little and from the back pressing the board ******ds

Pop out the top insert

The part here was already installed with the housing I got.

Otherwise if its not it should be included as piece 6 here

and install the whole thing as in the pic above. Then remove the middle part

1-For these 2 things on the back side of the housing press on them a little bit with something and they will pop out.

2-You will need to get this out by leveraging it out with a small pin or something

3-You can remove this by hand its not glued in.Its a thin plastic cover that goes on top

4-You will need to get this out by leveraging it out with a small pin or something. Its stuck a little underneath so you need to be careful but leverage a bit on all sides little by little

5-Same as number 2 but make sure when putting it back in the new housing the metal parts are centered and to the right as seen here

6-The red thing should be stuck here to block the hole.if it dosent stick (as mine didnt) just put it here anyways and once you put the components back it will stay in place.

Put the items the same way they came out. Use the pic above as a reference as to how the items are suppost to look once entered.

Last tip make sure when re-screwing the phone together to screw it nice and tight. My first attempt wasn't tight enough and as such the slide on the camera wouldn't start the camera app since the contacts where not touching the back housing.
    Last edited by fidorulz; 11-03-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    can i come over with a housing and have u change it for me?.. you seem to know your ishh

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    as for my tastes, i aint really feelin the glossy black housing. reminds me of the n72 too much an it attracts way too many fingerprints.

but thats jus my thoughts. very nice still yet tho!

Device(s)
    E61i (sold), 5610 (sold), 6233 (sold), 903SH (sold)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i just changed my housing today. it wasn't so bad. and the one i got off ebay seems to be more solid at the moment. we'll see how it lasts.

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EPVQ30
    can i come over with a housing and have u change it for me?.. you seem to know your ishh
    Its may be a long trip to montreal for you lol. Its easy enough just take your time.Plus its good to know you can do it yourself too

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scott ™
    fidorulez Is it just the pics or is the left side of the housing sticking out a bit?
    Just noticed this pic. If its this one you where talking about near the top left of the phone the front plate wasnt all the way in when I took the pic.

Device(s)
    samsung D600
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    fidorulz,
    You said if i bought the housing with all the assembled parts it will be alot easier, does that mean that all i have to do is take out the component and just pop it into the new housing, without taking out other parts from the orginal phone.
    thanks,
    kalio

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperkind
    as for my tastes, i aint really feelin the glossy black housing. reminds me of the n72 too much an it attracts way too many fingerprints.

but thats jus my thoughts. very nice still yet tho!
    Only the front part is glossy and its not do bad for prints. The back is not glossy and no prints are left on it

Device(s)
    Desire HD
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kalio
    fidorulz,
    You said if i bought the housing with all the assembled parts it will be alot easier, does that mean that all i have to do is take out the component and just pop it into the new housing, without taking out other parts from the orginal phone.
    thanks,
    kalio
    I was speaking about the slider for the cam. You will have to take out the old stuff from your current housing and put it in the new one

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast