Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Credit Balance Refunds?

I have a credit balance on a closed account now for over 2 months. I mean, it has been over two full billing cycles since the account was closed. I keep getting a monthly statement, that is quite short, that shows nothing but the credit balance (no monthly charges or fees because service ended).

Does anyone have any personal experience on how long it takes VZW to actually issue a refund check?

Gee, I wonder if I can start charging VZW "late payment" fees? Maybe even report VZW to the credit bureaus as being a "dead beat"?

Feedback Score
    I had the same thing happen to me with the account that I closed before this one and did take them 10 weeks to finally send out the credit check. It was only $8.00 so I didn't make a big deal out of it. I wonder how they would feel if I held off paying my ETF for that long.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellgirl#1
    I had the same thing happen to me with the account that I closed before this one and did take them 10 weeks to finally send out the credit check. It was only $8.00 so I didn't make a big deal out of it. I wonder how they would feel if I held off paying my ETF for that long.
    I actually am currently having a very similar problem. I have a credit balance of 63.77 on an old account. A credit was posted to the old account on 8/5 or so making it a credit balance. I will note that I was able to get the credit by writing a very polite letter to VZW CS and they actually wrote back. Very few companies will actually put their promises in writing, and I'm glad they did.

I was curious as to the status of the refund, so I inquired via email about the status of the refund on 9/19 or 9/20. I received a call back on my home phone from a rep on 9/21. She offered to transfer the credit to my existing account or issue me a check. I had already paid my bill for Sept. so I requested the check. She said no problem, you'll have it in about 7 days.

So it got to be about 10/9 or 10/10 and I called to inquire about the check...oh, no problem you'll have it in about 7 days. Again I called 10/18, and got a very friendly rep from the KY call center. It was about 5:30 PM at that point and she wasn't able to get someone from the treasury department, but she left that person a message and said she would call me back thursday. It is now monday, and I don't have a response.... I'm not mad or upset about this. I know it will get straightened out. But I just wanted to share this story because it is right on topic.

LS

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Credit refunds and the processing times are guarded by smoke and mirrors.

Normal time for a refund though is about 8-10 weeks though. Usually you will get 2 bills showing a credit and then a check will show up sometime before the next statement.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich
    She offered to transfer the credit to my existing account or issue me a check.
    I just called up to see if they could transfer the credit to my current (still open) account instead of sending me a check. After putting me on hold for about 5 minutes, the CS rep came back and apologized that she could not transfer it over. However, instead she offered to request an expedited check. Apparently, that only takes (another) 4 to 6 weeks.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    I just called up to see if they could transfer the credit to my current (still open) account instead of sending me a check. After putting me on hold for about 5 minutes, the CS rep came back and apologized that she could not transfer it over. However, instead she offered to request an expedited check. Apparently, that only takes (another) 4 to 6 weeks.
    Walt,

after i read this thread and posted my frustrations.... I called CS back and spoke to another rep from the Kentucky call center. Fortunately my prayers have been answered. She found confirmation that the check had been cut on Friday 10/20. So I am all set. they gave me that expedited line on or about 10/10 or 10/11...so from then it took about 10 days.

LS

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    10 days is expedited!

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Well, another month has now passed, and no refund check yet.

Too bad that Verizon Wireless isn't as quick to pay the money it owes, as it wants its customers to pay them.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    HTC TP2Centro,SCH-u620,LG vx9800
    LG vx3200,LG tm510 (best phone ever)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    Well, another month has now passed, and no refund check yet.

Too bad that Verizon Wireless isn't as quick to pay the money it owes, as it wants its customers to pay them.

You could always try making a copy of the statement showing the credit balance, making note of the length of time its been a credit balance and sending it in as part of the payment on your next bill – I’m willing to bet they find a real quick way to transfer it. I’ve done this in the past with another company after waiting 3 months for a refund. Next months bill showed the credit balance transfer and everything was magically cleared up.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Well, yet another month has gone by, and still no refund check.

I wonder if there is a way for me to report VZW to the credit bureaus for non-payment ???

Phones
    SE 760a/c905a Current
    Nextel 580 current-Wifes
    W518a - Kid
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    have you ever actually requested a check? if you don't request it they will not send it

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuxBeingU
    have you ever actually requested a check? if you don't request it they will not send it
    I requested a check back in September. I always get the "6 weeks" line. Though, today, I am being told "2 weeks" (must be the Christmas spirit).

I have also requested, in lieu of a check, to simply transfer the credit balance to my current account. For one reason or another (different each time I ask), they can't. So, I always end the conversation with the check request.

More than anything, if you or I didn't pay our September bill by now, I bet VZW would not be so patient. Right????

Phone
    Google Nexus 4
    Carrier
    GoSmart Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would have lost my patience a long time ago. You are a better man than I.

I'd tally up interest on that money and send them a bill for it with a nice letter on a attorney's letterhead.

Your check will arrive in no time.

Phones
    Samsung SCHu350
    Samsung SCHa950
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if there is a way for me to report VZW to the credit bureaus for non-payment ???
    Sort of, it's called your state's department of consumer affairs, or something like that. And yes, especially the big companies do actually sit up and take notice when they get Yet Another one of their form letters. You might just toss in that it would seem you're not th only person to experience this kind of thing, you might help some assistant in an attorney general's office jumpstart a career in politics.
    Last edited by MikeG~; 12-20-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Phone
    razr v3c
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OK. The system automatically cuts you a check after 2-3 bill cycles. After that it will take a week or two to get to you. Of course there are instances where the system doesn't do this.

All you need to do, is call in and request a manual refund, which is entirely possible. They will only do it after you've waited the 2-3 cycles, and all it requires is a supervisor to fill out the forms. Simple process.

As far as comparing VZW taking a long time to pay and customers being required to pay immediately, you need to keep in mind that VZW has a ton of customers they need to take care of this stuff for. You only have one account to be responsible for. Big difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast