Phones
    HTC Touch
    Samsung a920 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Problems adding airtime?

I am trying to add airtime online and I keep getting an error. At first I thought it was because I was using a coupon for bonus minutes 58094 but even when I just dropped it I still get an error. It says found the following error and then just said try again later or call. Any ideas what the problem could be. I want to make sure I get this working because I am close to expiring and I still have lots of minutes. Could it be because I tried to use the code first and it was invalid? Is there a newer one?
    **Analyzing things was fine, but good reflexes could save your life. **

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Try adding airtime through the website with your IMEI and your airtime PIN code. There is a place on the website to put in bonus codes, and it will tell you before it adds the PIN code if the bonus code is invalid, so you will have a chance to find another bonus code before spending your PIN. I had one Tracfone that, straight out of the box from the store, wouldn't let me add airtime on the phone, it had to be done online or through the customer service 800 number. Maybe yours is similar. Have you ever successfully added airtime through the phone on this phone before? (If so, nevermind the previous idea). But adding airtime online will still give you the bonus if the bonus is still legitimate. Hope this helps!
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Samsung a920 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Actually the problem I was having was adding the air time over the computer at tracfones website. I have added airtime before both thru the phone and tracfones website before with no problem. I don't know why I can't now.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, I don't have any answers about why their website method might not be working. I was hoping you had tried that on your phone. Try calling customer service, I think they will add airtime over the phone if you ask.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    I've had problems adding airtime from their website as well several times myself. Their computers are often very slow and seem to have insufficient bandwidth to handle heavy traffic so just keep trying and eventually it will work.

Or, you could just call CS as gnitgnat has suggested.

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Samsung a920 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Still can't add airtime online!

Phones
    HTC Touch
    Samsung a920 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Been trying periodically for the last few days - still no success.

I am in Canada - has anyone ever tried adding time directly to the phone from Canada? I just don't want it to be discontinued for using it up here. But I am running out of days to add time.

Phone
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Two things:

1) You have 60 days past the expiration date to refill your airtime before losing it. You may, however, lose your phone number but it's unlikely.

2) I would call Tracfone CS and tell them that you are unable to add airtime from the website or the phone and see if they can do so for you. I would not, however, tell them you're in Canada. Failing that, one last option is to purchase an airtime refill PIN from an online retailer (like cheapphonecards.com - they are reliable) and call the toll-free number to redeem it.

Phones
    Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5, Moto X,
    evo3d,gnex,atrix,e71,v3xx,s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    I have been unable to use the website to add airtime for months. Using the automated phone menu or adding it directly to the phone (if supported) works fine.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Do some phones not support adding airtime through the phone? My new Net10 Nokia 1600 says "NOT AVAILABLE" when I try to click on the Redeem Airtime option in the Prepaid menu. I had a Tracfone Nokia 1100 once that did the same thing (and also had at least 8 other Nokia 1100's that worked just fine). Any ideas?

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gnitgnat
    Do some phones not support adding airtime through the phone? My new Net10 Nokia 1600 says "NOT AVAILABLE" when I try to click on the Redeem Airtime option in the Prepaid menu. I had a Tracfone Nokia 1100 once that did the same thing (and also had at least 8 other Nokia 1100's that worked just fine). Any ideas?
    With a brand new phone, the codes you input should have opened up the Add Airtime selection on the Prepaid menu. With an already activated phone, which does not have Add Airtime opened, you would have to add airtime via the web site or by calling TracFone and the codes from that, should open the selection.

Older phones like the Nokia 1221 (TDMA) do not have that capability.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Phones
    Moto Cliq XT
    Nokia e63
    Many Others...
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My 1600 does the same thing! I hadn't realized this until I read your thread and tried it. When I select the redeem airtime option, the phone says "Not available" and returns to the previous menu.

I may call CS and see what they say.

Phones
    Moto Cliq XT
    Nokia e63
    Many Others...
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called CS about the issue, and they said that it was because too many people are trying to add airtime. I am confident that this is not the case, because it won't even show the screen to enter the pin! (My old 2600 that is no longer activated still shows the enter pin screen when I select Redeem Airtime!)

This is my second 1600 to try. When I activated the first one online, it never received activation codes. They had me do some checksums, and it had many incorrect settings that caused it to be unable to connect with their servers. I took it back and got a second 1600. Everything else was working right, but it this one won't let me redeem airtime using the phone.

Phones
    Moto Cliq XT
    Nokia e63
    Many Others...
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Redeem Airtime problem fixed!

I decided to call Net10 CS again in hopes that they could fix my redeem airtime option on my phone. This person had me enter some codes to check parameters. Some of the parameters were incorrect, so she had me enter some codes and then change the message center number. Once I did those things, the redeem airtime feature now gives me the screen to enter an airtime pin.

I haven't entered a pin to test and see if I will actually get my airtime. I do have an airtime card, but I don't want to add the airtime just yet.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info - I did have trouble activating the 1600 now that you mention it - it seemed to skip about 5 steps in the online process and 12 hours later was still showing 0 minutes expiring on 1/1/2001. I did have to call CS to get it activated, but didn't notice the "add airtime" feature problems until after that phone call. Guess I'll have to call them back when I'm ready to add airtime again. Ugh. I am happy to report that I DID get a Cingular service area though! Great reception - even my husband noticed it was better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast