Thread: HTC Excalibur (S620, DASH, Cosmo) Tips & Tricks Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To view movies crisply:

-- Use Slysoft Clone DVD Mobile and use the "smartphone" option to rip at 320x240.

-- Use TCPMP and choose "16:9" ratio and "Fullscreen".

Awesome video.

Device(s)
    Nokia E50
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to mute the phone when you recieve a Text Message. I'm able to mute the phone when someone is calling by touching the JOGGR, but it doesn't work with a Text Message. Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    p910a
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've read somewhere (I can't remember where...) that says if you rip the DVD to your PC resolution first and then change it to 320x240 after, it will give you better quality but ofcourse now you have extra step than straight to 324x240

Quote Originally Posted by sabesh
    To view movies crisply:

-- Use Slysoft Clone DVD Mobile and use the "smartphone" option to rip at 320x240.

-- Use TCPMP and choose "16:9" ratio and "Fullscreen".

Awesome video.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by V3RMILLION
    Is there any way to mute the phone when you recieve a Text Message. I'm able to mute the phone when someone is calling by touching the JOGGR, but it doesn't work with a Text Message. Thanks in advance.
    how long is your text message tone such that you need to mute it?

Device(s)
    Nokia E50
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well its about 10 seconds long. But I've also noticed that if I get multiple texts in rapid succession (which I do because I text a LOT), like 1 Text Message comes in and the song starts. Well if another comes in before the song finishes, it starts playing again with the other one still going. Its not a big problem, it just bugs me. That and sometimes I forget to mute my phone in class and when it goes off, I can't do anything if its a Text Message.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i don't really think there is a mute for text message sounds since most are really short -- less than 5s
    did you try hitting the end key?
    i'll keep an eye out if there is anything that can do it

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

zipper icon

can someone with a S620 tell me what the "zipper" like icon is next to the bluetooth icon? thx.

EDIT: is this for the JOGGR?
    cortez

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez
    can someone with a S620 tell me what the "zipper" like icon is next to the bluetooth icon? thx.

EDIT: is this for the JOGGR?
    yup, it indicates that the joggr is active
    when you deactivate it, it should cross it out

Feedback Score
    So i got a question should i go for the dash or wait for the s620 price to drop to 400? Is there going to be a ubranded rom coming soon? is there a lot of problems with the t-mobile version?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    if price is a concern, just get the dash
    you could just reflash it later

Feedback Score
    Well i have the money but what is a better buy?

S620: i wouldnt have to edit any registry to get the JOGGER, Already unlocked
    Dash: cheaper,Locked

I plan on using it on cingular so i dont know whats more convient i would request a code but a t-mobile version will be able 410USD vs 470USD for the unbranded version

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Corupt I’m in the same exact position. However I went and purchased the dash from tmobile. Another caveat you need a tmobile account to purchase it from them (get someone who has an account with them already). It's pretty much the same phone as the unbranded (minus the two jogger buttons). A registry edit or any other software (flash cid unlock etc) modification will be available in the future (as we've seen with the jogger reg edits)...iit’spretty much a matter of $, patience and convenience....
    Wisdom begins in wonder. [Socrates]

Feedback Score
    Well if t-mobile dash is $430+tax thats already $450 for a branded/locked dash. the unbranded version is 469+shipping= 480 30.00 more. ive called three stores and they all told me 429.00. if i give them a t-mobile subscribers number will the price go down even if its a prepaid phone number? i have a t-mobile to go account that was for a sidekick

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I payed the full price of 379.99 + tax came to $415.00...damn tmobile is raping customers...well maybe its a franchise things...either or yea if I was in your shoes I would go ahead and get an unbranded model for $30.00 more...I guess its no biggie (like I said depending on your $ situation, patience etc). the only way the price will go down is if you give them a tmobile subscribers # who is willing to upgrade their contract...(the lower price gives you an incentive to extend your contract)

Feedback Score
    hmm i know the manager at a t-mobile corp store are they able to hook up friends/families with some discount?

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast