Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Excalibur (S620, DASH, Cosmo) Tips & Tricks Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by messiah023
    I don't know if this is a tip or not, but it was a quickie thing on my S620 that I stumbled across. I have facade installed, so I don't know if it's part of that or the phone itself.....you will have to try.

At the home screen, press the back arrow <- key and it will go to the task manager to close or switch between open programs.

A quick step rather than going through the menu system.
    For me it takes me to the last app/screen I was in...perhaps Task Manager was the last thing you had open?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by technopimp
    For me it takes me to the last app/screen I was in...perhaps Task Manager was the last thing you had open?
    yup, it should goto the last thing

Feedback Score

Tmo Dash and Itunes

I had to brag about this for a sec. Ive been a hofo reader for a few years now and this is my first post. I went from the t610 to a nokia s60 to a treo 600 to a treo 650. Now I have this winmo5 smartphone my 1st Windows device and I was dubious about the whole platform change. I am an apple biz agent so you get the picture. I have used the markspace products to make it all play nice with my macs and continue to do so with this device. So without further ado let me tell you about how cool it is to control iTunes on my LAN with the Tmo Dash and those registry edits to enable the jogger touchpad it's as cool a tool as one could hope for. A few cosmetic tweaks and we are golden. The setup looks like this: OSX + Webremote (http://deadendsw.com/) + the Dash and you are a remote iTunes controllin' fool and it's easier than you think. BTW I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies just a really thrilled consumer...

Cheers.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wastemagnet
    I had to brag about this for a sec. Ive been a hofo reader for a few years now and this is my first post. I went from the t610 to a nokia s60 to a treo 600 to a treo 650. Now I have this winmo5 smartphone my 1st Windows device and I was dubious about the whole platform change. I am an apple biz agent so you get the picture. I have used the markspace products to make it all play nice with my macs and continue to do so with this device. So without further ado let me tell you about how cool it is to control iTunes on my LAN with the Tmo Dash and those registry edits to enable the jogger touchpad it's as cool a tool as one could hope for. A few cosmetic tweaks and we are golden. The setup looks like this: OSX + Webremote (http://deadendsw.com/) + the Dash and you are a remote iTunes controllin' fool and it's easier than you think. BTW I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies just a really thrilled consumer...

Cheers.
    You sound like a commercial for Webremote lol

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    New and tested hack that I found to work!!!

This one gives you a dialpad when dialing and when on a call it was done on the tmobile dash not sure if it works on the HTC unlocked version.

First you need to copy these two files to your /windows directory

dialpad.jpg
    carrierlogo.gif

see below

then navigate here

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCdial/BannerImage

you need to modify the bannerimage settings to do so select bannerimage it will bring up a string that points to Brandingbrick.gif delete Brandingbrick.gif and change it to dialpad.jpg save your changes it will give you a warning but it worked fine for me.

power cycle your handset

dial a number you should see the dialpad where the tmobile logo was and when you actually connect there should also be a differnet dialpad

any questions you can PM me

I've got more good stuff in the works I will post as I get it to work
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score
    Does someone have the link to the reg editor that is pc based rather than phone based?

There was one from a French site I believe that worked extremely well.

Device(s)
    T-Moble Dash
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shackk
    Does someone have the link to the reg editor that is pc based rather than phone based?

This one?

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilit...ry_Editor.aspx
    Doug

Feedback Score

not a webremote employee

Quote Originally Posted by kilcher
    You sound like a commercial for Webremote lol
    Yaeh i realized that after posting, I was honestly just super stoked and felt I finally had something to add. I also wanted to say thanks to all the people who diligently deposit their discoveries in this community. It makes it easy to foray into something previously totally inaccessible to the layman.

So, thanks to everyone for providing me with the information to while away many many hours...

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by dcrocker
    No it was not this one but, overall this should do the job so thanks.

The other was a bit nicer, had a built in app unlocker, and meters to show power, memory usage, etc... But all in all I really just need it for the reg hacks.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by envision

This one gives you a dialpad when dialing and when on a call it was done on the tmobile dash not sure if it works on the HTC unlocked version.

dialpad.jpg
    carrierlogo.gif

see below

then navigate here

you need to modify the bannerimage settings to do so select bannerimage it will bring up a string that points to Brandingbrick.gif delete Brandingbrick.gif and change it to dialpad.jpg save your changes it will give you a warning but it worked fine for me.

power cycle your handset

dial a number you should see the dialpad where the tmobile logo was and when you actually connect there should also be a differnet dialpad

nice work

Device(s)
    HTC Excalibur
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score
    does anyone know how to get my gprs wap internet working?

i just got a wireless plan and the guy said i need to enter these settings into the phone to get it going.

In order to connect to the Rogers Wireless GPRS Network through a WAP Browser, a subscription to a navigate Mobile Internet plan is required. Rogers Wireless phones are pre-loaded with the WAP settings; however non-Rogers phones must be programmed with this information.

The settings required are as follows:
    Primary IP: 208.200.067.150
    Primary Port: 9203
    Secondary IP: 208.200.067.151
    Secondary Port: 9201
    APN: goam.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    HomePage: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com/

You can subscribe to a navigate Mobile Internet plan online, or through our Customer Care Centre at 1-800-268-7347.

For Technical Support, contact our HelpCentre at 1-866-931-3282, Option 3-1 and one of our consultants will be happy to assist you.
    celly history:
    moto C350, moto V60, nokia 3300, n-gage QD, moto V300, siemens CF62, moto Rokr E1, se W800, HTC excalibur, se W810, se K790, moto Rokr e6.

Device(s)
    • 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    @ shackk

I believe this is what your looking for...hope this helps.....

http://www.metropical.com/smartphone/forum/

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by kwues1
    @ shackk

I believe this is what your looking for...hope this helps.....

http://www.metropical.com/smartphone/forum/
    Yes that is the one, thanks!

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shackk

Here is another one that works well. Mobile Registry Editor:

http://mobile-registry-editor.en.softonic.com/ie/47279

Hasn't been updated for awhile as the developer is taking a break for other pursuits. Their blog has a preview of 1.2 that will eventually be released.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by envision

dialpad.jpg
    carrierlogo.gif

see below

then navigate here

power cycle your handset

seems interesting, do you have a screenshot of it?

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast