Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Excalibur (S620, DASH, Cosmo) Tips & Tricks Thread

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No i havent had a chance to take one yet but if you click on the attached files the dailpad.jpg takes the place of the t-mobile logo when dialing and when you actually connect it changes to the carrierlogo gif its good if you dial a number that has a word in it like 1-800-tmobile for instance now you know what key is what when dailing.

I will submit a pic when I get a chance

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    thanks, it's just that mine isn't t-mobile branded so i was wondering how it would look on the dash

Device(s)
    Shouting
    Carrier(s)
    The Deathstar (but my heart belongs to T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Here's what it looks like:

I didn't like the in-call dialpad so I just used the first image and turned it into a .gif and used that instead. The Dash background is a mod I did to my standard tmobile in-call wallpaper but the icons at the top are what you will see; they'll be added to your current in-call background.
    Last edited by zerowind; 11-01-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    thanks for posting that
    it looks pretty useful afterall

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thats actually a great idea to use the same pad for both I will do that as well

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zerowind
    Here's what it looks like:

I didn't like the in-call dialpad so I just used the first image and turned it into a .gif and used that instead. The Dash background is a mod I did to my standard tmobile in-call wallpaper but the icons at the top are what you will see; they'll be added to your current in-call background.
    Zerowind, could you show me how you did that in-call wallpaper mod? OR Point me to the post

Also I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone testing and posting these mods the phone was great before but now it is near perfect!!!!! Thanks everyone!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Still using 'original AT&T Wireless' plan
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about the reg settings for the JOGGR. I noticed on the BottomKeyAppParameter it is set to -service "ActiveSync". I read that to mean it should sync your email when you use that button as well as launch the mail app. Does that work for anyone?

Device(s)
    HTC s620
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ok so people have been asking for the s620 homescreen for their dash, i want the dash homescreen for my s620 . Does anyone know how to get the one that the dash comes with as default? I saw it at the T-mobile store and thought it was very nice. Also, has anyone had the problem with speed dial where you hold down the number and it does not open the program you set it to? It has been happening to me lately and its a bit frustrating
    Last edited by Tanko; 11-02-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Device(s)
    Shouting
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by niko5
    Zerowind, could you show me how you did that in-call wallpaper mod? OR Point me to the post
    There aren't any existing posts on this but it's these two files:

PhoneBKI1_Land.jpg
    BackgroundImage_Land.bmp

Just replace these two files in your windows directory with two identically named graphic files. I haven't tested to see which one it actually is, but they both have the same image. I just replaced them both.

-No need to backup the files you are overwriting as they are in rom; just delete your modified files to recover the originals.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There aren't any existing posts on this but it's these two files:

PhoneBKI1_Land.jpg
    BackgroundImage_Land.bmp

Just replace these two files in your windows directory with two identically named graphic files. I haven't tested to see which one it actually is, but they both have the same image. I just replaced them both.

-No need to backup the files you are overwriting as they are in rom; just delete your modified files to recover the originals.
    I could not find those files you indicated in my Dash, but I found:

_PhoneBKI1_Land.jpg
    _PhoneBKI2_Land.jpg

I tried following the same proceedure but I still get the same file when I dial out. What am I doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    I messed around and found that BackgroundImage_Land.bmp earler today and replaced that and it worked for me.

The only problem I had is I used that dialpad image you used for your incall screen becuase I liked it better but I guess the format of mine cut the edge off and pushed it to the left not the center like yours so I had to crop down the dialpad image to make it show up....

Does anyone know if theres an XML page somewhere for the incall screen? im sure theres some formating on there that i could change to make it display better.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by niko5
    I messed around and found that BackgroundImage_Land.bmp earler today and replaced that and it worked for me.

The only problem I had is I used that dialpad image you used for your incall screen becuase I liked it better but I guess the format of mine cut the edge off and pushed it to the left not the center like yours so I had to crop down the dialpad image to make it show up....

Does anyone know if theres an XML page somewhere for the incall screen? im sure theres some formating on there that i could change to make it display better.
    I guess you probably have the S620 and not the dash, right? That would explain why we have different files and why it worked for you and not for me.

Device(s)
    Shouting
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianoz
    I could not find those files you indicated in my Dash, but I found:

_PhoneBKI1_Land.jpg
    _PhoneBKI2_Land.jpg

I tried following the same proceedure but I still get the same file when I dial out. What am I doing wrong?
    You should look through your device by browsing on your desktop computer. (they may not show up using the device's browser) The files are there unless something is missing on your Dash (highly unlikely but possible)

I believe the files are there. (That's where the image that you are seeing on your incall screen comes from afterall)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You should look through your device by browsing on your desktop computer. (they may not show up using the device's browser) The files are there unless something is missing on your Dash (highly unlikely but possible)

I believe the files are there. (That's where the image that you are seeing on your incall screen comes from afterall)
    I used the same names you indicated and then copied the files in the My documents directory using activesync..then using cut an paste moved them internally in the Dash over to the Windows directory. Still, didn't work!

Device(s)
    Shouting
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Why are you copying to My Documents first? Try this:

Copy the files *directly* over to you device's windows folder from your desktop. (the buit-in internal explorer is useless and I've set that particular icon as hidden to keep it out of my sight). There are better ones to use; it won't copy system protected shortcuts among other things)

Reboot your device.

Also make sure the files are the correct resolution (I'm sure you've already done that) and try no higher than 16 bit depth for the bmp file.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast