Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

AC II EvDO PRL 50668 10/31/06 for Manual Update

http://rapidshare.com/files/1465979/PRL_50668.zip.html

Hi Folks,
    It seems the Great Pumpkin has brought us a new PRL!
    Same as before, folder includes an .rla file for use with PST 7.23 (or 7.25) and the two files from the nvm/prl directory, 0001_prl and 0000_prl which can be overwritten directly with QPST.

If anyone would care to provide an AC I EvDO for those users on the old service plans, there may be a few folks out there who would be grateful for that as well.

I will request that this be stickied again.

Enjoy!

Edit: I just tested this with QPST 2.7 build 215 and wanted to try using the service programming module to do the update, rather than overwriting the file in the EFS explorer.

It works perfectly. You open service programming and read from phone. Then select the Roam tab and there is a field called File to use and a browse button. Browse to the .rla file and select it then Write to phone. The phone will reset automatically after it writes the file.

QPST is generally faster than PST and this is the case with this procedure as well.

I hadn't used this method before so it is now tested, at least for the e815.
    If anyone else would like to test it for other handsets and post results that would be great.
    Last edited by kbman; 10-31-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I stuck this on my vzw page again too.

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When did PST 7.25 come out?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Let's keep this thread for discussion of the PRL and related issues.

Thanks.

A couple weeks ago...

Device(s)
    java'd Bell e815 on VZW!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Simply for process confirmation, I just updated my e815 via the qpst service programming module as you described and it worked perfectly...

Thanks kbman...

Device(s)
    Verizon V3m w/ Alltel V3m NCR_01.1A.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Used PST to update mine from 50619 to 50668, works perfect.

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update!

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is this for?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Preferred Roaming List is the list of SIDs that the phone uses to navigate the maze of radio signals it can detect so that it knows which ones it's supposed to use. Doing this is the same as dialing *228 option 2 but users who are running another carrier's firmware on their phones may be unable to do this for a variety of reasons. Hence, this thread.

All this does is give you the most up to date information from VZW about how they want your phone to use the network. Unless you are in an area specifically affected by a change in the PRL, you will notice absolutely nothing different about how your phone behaves. It is primarily an advantage to them that your phone is using the most recent PRL reflecting their most up to date roaming partner agreements. They would like you to believe that doing a PRL update can fix almost anything that may be wrong with your phone, sadly this is totally false.

Hope that answers your question. There are some real experts here on HoFo that do the PRL monitoring and interpretations if you want to understand better what this is all about.
    Here is a link to the sticky in the main VZW forum.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1032791

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ahh, I see what you mean. It's useful to you having a Bell e815 to update the Verizon Towers manually. I sure would like a fully enabled Bell phone.

Thanks for the explanation.

Feedback Score
    my v3m only updates to a 50666 using *228, is the prl different in different locations.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    50666 is the AC I EvDO PRL.

If you would like to use one of the methods mentioned to pull that PRL and post it here in this thread, it could be useful for other people who may be on the old plan as well.

Feedback Score
    here is the 50666 ac1 prl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an E816 on VZW and after performing the *228 prl update my signal actually worsened while at home. So I attempted to manually roll back to 50619 using the files from the 50619 sticky. Using QPST's service programming didn't work as my phone still read 50688. So I replaced the two files using EFS explorer and now my phone says it has 50323.....weird. Repeating the procedure provides the same results and although my signal is great with "50323", it always displays "roaming" which is kind of annoying. Any ideas how to get it to state that it is in fact using 50619? Also, how uncommon is it for a prl update to degrade signal?

EDIT: I figured it out. I have VZW on NAM2 so I had to choose the NAM2 tab in Service Programming.
    Last edited by tomknyu; 11-04-2006 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast