Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: USCC V3c 04.08.00R and Alltel V3c 4.06.00R Firmware Available

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

USCC V3c 04.08.00R and Alltel V3c 4.06.00R Firmware Available

This is actually the USCC firmware, but GoldMembr was saying this should be the same as the latest 4.08 Alltel firmware that people have been wanting. I wasn't aware of this, so I wasn't going to post this here in the Verizon > Motorola forum.

But I know a lot of you have been asking for the 4.08, so I figured I'd better start a new thread to help get the word out there.

So if you guys want to upgrade your Alltel flashed V3c's, then have at it - I assume the procedure is identical to what is posted in the wiki.
    www.humpa.com/vzw

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is he sure about that? IIRC, USCC members are always complaining about the way USCC locks certain menus, especially the Web Sessions menu. Or I could be way off.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlbrightbill
    Is he sure about that? IIRC, USCC members are always complaining about the way USCC locks certain menus, especially the Web Sessions menu. Or I could be way off.
    He's trying it, so we'll see. If they do lock some menu's, then hopefully he'll be able to find an easy way to unlock them - he's rather handy at that sort of thing.
    Hopefully I didn't post too soon.

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well Humpa as i thought this is exactly the same as the newest Alltel firmware. I recommend it. Everything works OBEX OPP all seem edits to fix everything.

You will need to do 2 more seem edits for this firmware to turn Webbsession in the hidden menu and Web Browser.

Seem 2742 Bytes 90 Record 0001
    Offset 0001 Bit 3 - On Enables Web Browser Icon
    Offset 0018 Bit 5 - On Enables Websessions Menu in Hidden Setup Menu

Edit: Your best bet would be to back up your entire 2742 seem before you update and then restore it after flashing as there is a bit that controls GIN menu thats not enabled in the 2742 like the 2 above after the flash. That's what i did. Also back up your wap_elem_d file so you can restore your browser hack too.
    Last edited by GoldMembr; 11-05-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Excellent news GoldMembr.

That is awesome that you found the seem edits for the locked websession menu so quickly. Is that common knowledge in the USCC forum, or did you figure that out?
    ... for some reason I imagine that you figured that out.

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so at least i didn't look i just figuared it out on my own.

Device(s)
    V3C w/Alltel 4.06
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Do you still get a low memory notice with txt messages even after the seem and do you still get a confirmation when replying to a VZW customer? If not what are the real advantages over the 4.04?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman951
    Do you still get a low memory notice with txt messages even after the seem and do you still get a confirmation when replying to a VZW customer? If not what are the real advantages over the 4.04?
    This thread has a list of what was fixed:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=842455
    That is from the USCC forum - perhaps there is a similar thread in the Alltel forum too.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, I just flashed my V3M to the alltel V3C 04 Firmware.. What is the difference in this one? What would make it worth flashing to this apparently newer firmware?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zachlovesphones
    Well, I just flashed my V3M to the alltel V3C 04 Firmware.. What is the difference in this one? What would make it worth flashing to this apparently newer firmware?
    You may not have seen it yet, but I just responded.

I know a lot of people have requested this firmware, so there must be a reason.
    I know nothing though, but I would appreciate it if one of you could take the time and find out. I'm sure there are many posts in this forum, the USCC forum, and the Alltel forum that discuss this firmware version. If you could find a few of the relevant threads that discuss the differences I'm sure many people would appreciate it.
    Because it seems this is going to be a very popular question.

EDIT: BTW, there is no "apparently" about it. This is the 04.08.00R firmware version, which is definately the most recent Alltel/USCC V3c firmware available. Certainly more recent than the 04.04 version.
    Last edited by Humpa; 11-05-2006 at 09:54 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    confirmed successful on V3m.
    Army Strong!

Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?

Kappa Sigma Fraternity

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3m...
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This could be a good excuse for me to flash my V3m to get rid of that pesky stuck MMS message.

Is it confirmed that loading a 2742 seem from the Alltel 4.04 flash will work to get everything (websession menu, Openwave icon, anything else that's missing) working after the flash? If I don't do anything special with my browser (ie, I just leave the homepage at the default Verizon http://homepage), do I need to back up that wap_elem_d file? I don't believe I've ever heard of that file until now.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    all i did was backup my 2742 seem so i could load it later. then i did everything i would normally do to flash and it works fine. i dont really notice anything different though.

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3m...
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, just thought of another question I have about this firmware before I flash later:

Does this firmware include Tetris? If it does, is it a given that you'll get it, or will some phones just not have it like with 4.04? (Mine never had Tetris after I flashed, and it didn't regain it after a Master Clear either.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire24
    If I don't do anything special with my browser (ie, I just leave the homepage at the default Verizon http://homepage), do I need to back up that wap_elem_d file? I don't believe I've ever heard of that file until now.
    The wap_elem_d hack is simply to enable all the Openwave browser menu items - it is not needed, but there sure isn't any reason to not do it!
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Added-Web.htm

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast