Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: New and Free Dash Weather app

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score

New and Free Dash Weather app

For download and screenshots:
    http://jruffing.googlepages.com/dashweather

First of all this was coded by me & is FREE to you. This app is the same thing as the SDA Weather program I previously posted (in case you are familiar) but this version only supports LANDSCAPE WM5 Smartphones like the Q, Dash/Excalibur/s620, i320, etc. This will not work for PPCs and I have no plans to support it so please do not ask me for this. Also please do not ask for a homescreen plugin...buy Fizz Weather or Fizz Traveller as they are excellent products which work great on the homescreen.

Features:
    - Current Weather
    - Adjustable # days in Daily Forecast
    - Adjustable #hours in Hourly Forecast
    - Animated radar (automatically finds best resolution out of 100-mile, 300-mile, & 600-mile)!
    - Non-animated radar (also determines & uses best resolution)

Requirements:
    - must install .NET CF 2.0 (see above URL for download link). Install to storage card if you have one (requires 5-6MBs of free space).
    - ~1MB free space
    - Application Unlocked phone (see the stickied Dash FAQ). Select "Yes" when prompted to allow DLL files to load on first run.

Enjoy and please post comments/issues/annoyances/bugs/praise/etc here.

Known issues:
    - Animated weather has a minor memory leak and program will run out of memory after a min or two depending on how much free RAM you have avail, but other than this it's pretty sweet. RAM is recovered on application exit. How long do you really need to stare at a loop anyway?
    - Progress bars only reflect semi-accurate results (i.e. they are an estimate at times).
    Last edited by Shaft1978; 11-08-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score
    Fixed minor bug in animated radar. Get it now boys and girls.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9H
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cool! Thanks!

Device(s)
    Dash
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    installed it and it works great! thanks a lot!

wish i knew how to program stuff

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score
    You are most welcome. I first created SDA Weather to try out mobile programming and at the same time have a weather program that had a radar that fit the screen. I feel that this program has the best and easiest interface to get the weather information I want to know. The radar was improved to support the highest resolutions available to us as well as animate and it is easily the best looking radar I have seen on this phone. I hope you guys think so to.

Device(s)
    T-mobile dash
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft1978
    You are most welcome. I first created SDA Weather to try out mobile programming and at the same time have a weather program that had a radar that fit the screen. I feel that this program has the best and easiest interface to get the weather information I want to know. The radar was improved to support the highest resolutions available to us as well as animate and it is easily the best looking radar I have seen on this phone. I hope you guys think so to.
    cool!! sweet program!! thanks again

Device(s)
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks good. And your "example" city in the first screenshot is the exact same as mine! :-)
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toomer
    Looks good. And your "example" city in the first screenshot is the exact same as mine! :-)
    lol. small world isn't it? been living in ashburn for a couple years now (office was in Dulles).

Device(s)
    Samsung T629 bad RF (back to hell)
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does it work with T-zone $5.99?
    You are as confused as a fart in a perfume factory.

23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them to photocopy their butts or genitals.

A company is like a tree full of monkeys, all on different limbs, at differnet levels, some climbing up, some climbing down.
    The monkeys on the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. The monkeys on the bottom look up and see nothing but *******s.

Device(s)
    Samsung T629 bad RF (back to hell)
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    wow never mind, it works great on my $5.99 plan, I love it thanks a lot... I'm a college student and this thing comes handy when I wake up in the morning, cause I don't have time to watch the weather on t.v.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson T300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    awesome.... this is a great nice little app

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S most often
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Thank so much for your work and making it avail to us.

I just installed it and tweaked the settings. All good.

Just wondering whether there is way for the app to detect I am connected via WiFi and to use that connection instead of trying to go through EDGE.

Feedback Score
    Sweet program. I'm addicted to weather! Also, where does this program pull all the information in from?

Thanks again!

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rf12
    Thank so much for your work and making it avail to us.

I just installed it and tweaked the settings. All good.

Just wondering whether there is way for the app to detect I am connected via WiFi and to use that connection instead of trying to go through EDGE.
    Thanks guys. There were many hours put into the project and I'm glad you all are benefiting from it.

You can definitely use WiFi to connect to the internet. The compact framework handles the inet connection and us programmers thankfully don't have to worry about it. Windows Mobile should choose the best connection to connect with and if you have a working WiFi connection it should choose that over Edge. I have noticed that if you have a Bluetooth PAN connection active that it seems to take priority over WiFi (could be wrong but this seems to be the case).

Device(s)
    SDA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora4.0
    Sweet program. I'm addicted to weather! Also, where does this program pull all the information in from?

Thanks again!
    weather.com - they provide weather in XML format which makes getting and processing the info quick and relatively painless. also, their 100-mile animated radar is pretty top notch.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast