Thread: Phone's reciever only works in speaker phone mode?

Feedback Score

Phone's reciever only works in speaker phone mode?

My friend has a motorola, a older model(probaly a few years old, not top of the line). WHich msyteriously stop transmitting voice to the person on the other line. However it works fine in speaker phone mode, so it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Phone wasn't dropped in water and humidity didn't hit it. What would you guys suggest? Master reset/clear? I didn't get a good look at it for long so I would like some ideas when I see her next.

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Current
    Motorola E815 - Ol Reliable
    Lg enV - Retired
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The mic dosent work anymore, but when you switch to speaker phone, on most motorola phoens, there is a seperate mic used. theres no way to fix this as the mic is embedded into the mother board.

1,000 Posts August 5th, 2006
    2,000 Posts June 14th, 2007

Phones
    HTC PPC6800SP (Unlocked Sprint Mogul)
    Retired: LG VX8550LK, Motorola K1m, LG UX5000, Motorola Z6m, LG VX6100,
    Motorola i860, Samsung SCH-a530s, Motorola V60p, Nokia 3390.
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless Retired: US Cellular,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeNt B
    The mic dosent work anymore, but when you switch to speaker phone, on most motorola phoens, there is a seperate mic used. theres no way to fix this as the mic is embedded into the mother board.
    Not necessarily true. Many Motorla's have a modular mic. What model phone is it? I know Motorola V2XX series had a recall for audio issues because the pieces they used were loosing compression with the PCB. It is a free fix whether you're in warranty or not.
    Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located...

LG - The Lamb of God.

...And he swallowed something stuck to a fridge? Darwin says let him die.