Thread: Possible to check if phone is unlocked without SIM card?

Phone
    V360
    Feedback Score

Possible to check if phone is unlocked without SIM card?

I have a V360 and got it unlocked using a subsidy code. I put in a Cingular SIM (my local service provider is Rogers in Canada) but because I only have a prepaid plan, it just says No Service. I just want to make sure my phone really is unlocked since I will be going down to the US in a few days. Is there a way to check without using a SIM card? Or does the fact that it says No Service with the Cingular card already means it's unlocked? Thanks.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If it is not prompting you for the subsidy code after putting in your Cingular SIM, it is indeed unlocked. I am surprised that you get "No Service" instead of "Emergency Only" though that is a carrier settable option on the phone.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    it should say emergency only, or inactive sim, unless you played arround with the network bands.. but ya that is definately unlocked because it would have asked you for enter subsidy password if it WAS locked.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    V360
    Feedback Score
    Thanks very much, guys. Actually, I do remember seeing the Emergency Only message on my old, unlocked V551. However, when I just tried the same Cingular card on it, I got No Service on that one as well! So I guess both phones are truly unlocked.