Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 120

Thread: Blackjack Network Selection!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13
    Phones
    Samsung Blackjack
    Sold: LG CU500/ZX20/SLVR L7/Nokia 6682/Cingular 3125
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0

    Blackjack 3G/Edge Network Selection Solved!

    I've figured out how to put the blackjack into Edge mode by default. Simple really. It's the same procedure for the samsung ZX20 (which was my previous phone).

    1. Enter *#1546792*#
    2. Select Option 3 Netowrk & Call Settings
    3. Select option 5 Network Mode
    4. Select GSM

    Let's see how that affects battery performance.
    Last edited by pbogle; 11-20-2006 at 09:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,717
    Carrier
    The blue and white globe
    Feedback Score
    0
    sweet. I'm gonna try this on my Blackjack in a few minutes.

    by the way, would I need to go through the same process every time when I want to switch from UMTS to GSM/EDGE or does it stay as long as I dont change it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    332
    Phone
    Sprint Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Woohoo! Good work!

    Anyway to make this a shortcut so I don't have to memorize the number?
    Contrast Hosting | Experience the difference!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13
    Phones
    Samsung Blackjack
    Sold: LG CU500/ZX20/SLVR L7/Nokia 6682/Cingular 3125
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xbox360gamer
    sweet. I'm gonna try this on my Blackjack in a few minutes.

    by the way, would I need to go through the same process every time when I want to switch from UMTS to GSM/EDGE or does it stay as long as I dont change it?

    It'll stay on the same setting until you change it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,585
    Phone
    HTC Hero w/16GB mSDHC
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fowen
    Woohoo! Good work!

    Anyway to make this a shortcut so I don't have to memorize the number?
    Save it as a contact?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"

    Check out my Techblog




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,683
    Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    iPhone 4S - 32 gb - White
    iPhone 3gs - 16 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's what I've been waiting for. THANK YOU!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SF CA USA
    Posts
    540
    Phones
    iPhone 3g
    Samsung Blackjack II (For sale !!)
    Samsung Blackjack I (Also For sale !!)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cool - How do you change it BACK ??

    If you decide you want 3G how do you go back ? Same thing just pick 3G ?


    Quote Originally Posted by pbogle
    I've figured out how to put the blackjack into Edge mode by default. Simple really. It's the same procedure for the samsung ZX20 (which was my previous phone).

    1. Enter *#1546792*#
    2. Select Option 3 Netowrk & Call Settings
    3. Select option 5 Network Mode
    4. Select GSM

    Let's see how that affects battery performance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know the password for the other menus?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,683
    Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    iPhone 4S - 32 gb - White
    iPhone 3gs - 16 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    Save it as a contact?
    Doesn't workk if you save it as a contact as you don't actuall make a call. Any other suggestions other then manually entering it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    234
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Samsung Blackjack Cingular
    Carrier
    Cingular;
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is exactly what I need. Thanks so much.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,837
    Phone
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    You rock! This is a very great option to have.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Posts
    3,066
    Phones
    More than you...
    This and that...
    Assorted relics...
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice work!!

    Now, if someone could just come up with an easier way to get the battery cover off...
    Winner, Third Annual S60 Hofies Award, Gold Medal, Most Schizophrenic Phone Owner, and Biggest Early Adopter


    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    There will never be a perfect device..

    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

    BST Feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...bostonirishguy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,837
    Phone
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonirishguy
    Nice work!!

    Now, if someone could just come up with an easier way to get the battery cover off...
    Haha. Prob not until we get extended batteies with different covers... Are there any yet?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    234
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Samsung Blackjack Cingular
    Carrier
    Cingular;
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc
    Haha. Prob not until we get extended batteies with different covers... Are there any yet?
    I found a battery cover designed for an extended battery, but no extended battery to go with it.

    http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...76&eventPage=1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    200
    Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    0

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks