Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: motorola KRZR

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

motorola KRZR

My friend got this phone and i was going to put some ringers on it for her using bluetooth, and a few options pop up one that i was using is called "Motorola phone OBEX file transfer" it allowed me to send pictures and video's to the phone and they worked fine, but theres a folder called "ringers" and if i try to put a ringer in there it doesnt show up on the phone... anyone have any ideas how i can put some ringers on here?

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Bluetooth OBEX does not work with the KRZR for Verizon. You need to use a USB connection between the phone and computer:

0.) Leave phone unplugged; if plugged in, remove it now
    1.) Install Motorola developer drivers-mot usb driver(http://developer.motorola.com/?path=1.2.6.30)
    2.) Install MSU (https://rsd.motorola.com/download/Mo...are_Update.exe)
    3.) Extract p2k commander to the C:\ drive (mine is C:\p2kCommander) (http://s5vi.vxxxstuff.com/commander/commander.html) *Verison 3.2.6 worked fine for me
    4.) Launch MSU (do not close at any point!)(the three status items on the left side of the page should be blank or say "n/a") WITHOUT THE PHONE PLUGGED IN!
    5.) Plug in phone
    5a.) After drivers install, unplug phone then re-plug in phone.
    5b.) Any remaining drivers should now install and a little message on the bottom right of the windows taskbar will say "hardware is ready for use"
    7.) When ESN number appears in MSU, minimize MSU (DO NOT CLOSE MSU) and launch P2k Commander (close out the settings menu - don't change anything)
    8.) Select P2k Phone in right-hand column
    8a.) P2k should now read the filesystem and display it in the right-hand column
    9.) Copy ringtones to a/motorola/shared/ringtones
    10.) Delete a\MyToneDB.DB
    11.) Power phone off and on
    12.) Your ringtones should now appear in the list of available ringtones

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=dagger89]
    7.) When ESN number appears in MSU, minimize MSU (DO NOT CLOSE MSU) and launch P2k Commander (close out the settings menu - don't change anything)

Don't you need to make sure that the Autostart feature is turned off?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bucket
    Don't you need to make sure that the Autostart feature is turned off?
    Um, it usually helps...

see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/P2KC-Tones.htm and its requirements of -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/P2KCommander.htm

And for anyone suggesting using P2KCommander as the way to put ringtones on the phone, or just suggesting deleting the MyToneDB.DB file its advised you also include the following "disclaimer"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    NOTE: When adding or deleting ringtones with P2KCommander, you must also delete a/MyToneDB.DB from the phone, then power the phone off/on. The MyToneDB.DB file will be recreated, and your new tones will show on the phone and be allowed as ring tones. Because the MyToneDB.DB is the "master index" to the ring tones, deleting and recreating this file causes all ring tones to be re-indexed.. as such, your custom selections of tones for Ring Styles or Caller ID WILL change.
    People need to be aware this is going to happen BEFORE they use this method!!!
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    i was kinda hoping i could do it without the use of a cable... is there no way to do it using just bluetooth?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayno20
    i was kinda hoping i could do it without the use of a cable... is there no way to do it using just bluetooth?
    Not for installing ringers. Using the P2kCommander with a cable, emailing them to yourself, or buying them through GIN, seem to be our only options.

The first time I used P2k to transfer tones, the file attributes got screwed up. Everything was locked down and I had to use P2k again to edit the attributes back to 0000, then they could be assigned as ringers.

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    how do u email ringes to urself? are there any specifications to the ringers that will be accepted by emailing them to ur phone?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    how do u email ringes to urself? are there any specifications to the ringers that will be accepted by emailing them to ur phone?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=402

The whole thread is worth reading. Kinda long but worth it.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/HowToEmail.htm All the info is there...

I don't have a KRZR to make sure of the key presses once the tone hits the phone, but it should be similar to the V3C/V3M should apply....

If you care to type up the key presses to use for me to post on my page like 6236inewbie did for the V3C.. please do...

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/HowToEmail.htm All the info is there...

I don't have a KRZR to make sure of the key presses once the tone hits the phone, but it should be similar to the V3C/V3M should apply....

If you care to type up the key presses to use for me to post on my page like 6236inewbie did for the V3C.. please do...
    More like the instructions for the E815, but do not rename the file to .mid. Midi files will wind up in the /motorola/shared/audio directory. The mp3 will save to the /motorola/shared/ringtone directory.

So after emailing the mp3 to [email protected] and recieving the notification on your phone:

1. Open the message, the tone will start playing. Press the right soft key for Options.

Select Option 4 - Save Sound, Press OK to accept name, then when you get the Sound Saved prompt, press End.

Navigate to My Ringtones and the new file will be there.

Don't forget to create your account at vzwpix.com first, as per Mark's initial instructions.
    Last edited by t-bucket; 11-27-2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Adding information

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    i was messing around with it last night and found that i could put a ringer in the "sounds" folder and have it actually show up on the phone, but i didnt see a way to make a sound the ringer.... any chance that would help the bluetooth idea at all?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i was messing around with it last night and found that i could put a ringer in the "sounds" folder and have it actually show up on the phone, but i didnt see a way to make a sound the ringer.... any chance that would help the bluetooth idea at all?
    Nope. The only things we can use as ringtones, are the files in the /motorola/shared/ringtone directory. There's no known way (yet, possibly a seem edit may open it back up) to transfer anything to it using the move function on the phone, BitPim, or Motorola Phone Tools. Verizon has blocked access to the ringtone directory. Using a USB cable, the developers drivers, and the instructions for P2K Commander on Mark Venture's site, the email trick, or buying ringtones from GIN, are what we're stuck with.

Verizon also has Bluetooth locked down pretty tight. The only file transfers I'm aware of that you can do are pictures and vCards. As far as Verizon is concerned BT is for getting info from the phone, not to it. You can do a little more via Bluetooth with MPT, but it uses modem style commands to do it, not BT. But without a couple seem edits, per VZW's instructions to Motorola, the Multi-media functions of MPT are unavailable.

This is a condensed version of what I've gathered from several other threads in the forum, and Mark Venture's pages. If I have anything wrong, please jump in and straighten me out.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Silly question just for clarification purposes. On the Razr ringtones go into the /motorola/shared/audio folder.

Did they change this location on the KRZR?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid w/CM6RC2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    Silly question just for clarification purposes. On the Razr ringtones go into the /motorola/shared/audio folder.

Did they change this location on the KRZR?
    Not really a change, they just locked it to the ringtone folder on the KRZR. I believe the RAZR has the same folder structure, but they let you assign sounds from the audio folder. My son has a RAZR, I could ask him for sure.
    I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    It's all good I was just kinda curious. you are right the file structure looks the same, it just kinda threw me for a loop on ring tones going to that folder was all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast