Thread: Port one number out of Verizon family plan?

Feedback Score

Port one number out of Verizon family plan?

Hi all,

I've tried searching to no avail..I currently have a Verizon family plan with three numbers. My father, my brother and myself. I am the primary account holder, but want to transfer over to Cingular. My brother and father both want to keep Verizon, and my brother wants to hold financial responsibility for the account instead of me.

The contract has been over since August. Would it be possible for me to walk into a Cingular store, have them port out my number and keep the Verizon numbers in tact with a different plan? I'm not sure if this would work because they would no longer be under a family plan, and their numbers may be discarded due to my port.

My goal is to have everyone keep the same numbers, but have my number ported to Cingular while my brother and father stay on Verizon.

Assuming this doesn't work, is there be another way around this?

Phones
    BlackBerry 8230/flip pearl
    8330 pink curve
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ahh you are in luck, I just did something similar. My number (was) the primary and I ported to tmo, just call VZ cs and assign a new primary. I had to pay etf, but you will not, however.
    Mobile Phone Princess
    <---I love my Saturn Sky.

Feedback Score
    So once I get that done I can port the number out, and downgrade the plan accordingly?

Thanks.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8230/flip pearl
    8330 pink curve
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yes, that is exactly what I did.