Phones
    Sony Ericsson TM506 (Amber)
    myTouch 4G (Personal)
    Samsung Jack (Business)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Personal),
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Call Forward

I always see on my T-Mobile, CONDITIONAL CALL FORWARD MINUTES.

How does this work? Can I forward incoming calls to another phone number, which I need to this coming week. Will it bills minutes to my T-Mobile account if I do this?

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can forward your calls as many time as included in you plan, and the minutes get deducted from you regular plan minutes, without any extra charges. I've never used it, but I believe that how it works.

Phones
    Current: Nexus 5 on the way!
    Past: HTC Sensation,
    Nokia Nuron, Nokia 6133, SE T610,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I set my forwarding manually. Meaning, I setup a number to dial that changes my call fowarding. I use GSM code 61 which forwards when not answered. You can set the time-out to as low as you want it to be. I have used this at work when my signal is very weak and just forward the calls to my desk.

I KNOW in this configuration, the minutes are deducted from your voice mail minutes (you get something like 500 - 1000 / month). That's right, you are actually just changing where the caller goes to your voice mail. You are NOT changed any regular plan minutes when you do this.

To find you more on this, visit GSM Features. It's really simple to setup and works really well. I just dial a contact to go to work phone or home phone or voice mail.
    TC.

Phones
    Nokia n80ie (bronze)
    Nokia 6600 (spare)
    Nokia 6610 (int'l roaming)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Verizon (work)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    I KNOW in this configuration, the minutes are deducted from your voice mail minutes
    AFAIK there no such thing as voice mail minutes. All voice mail calls from your mobile phone are free.

Here's the best answer that I found:
    http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...66&postcount=3

Phones
    T809 --> D820
    Sharp TM150
    Motorola V330 - Flashed
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a problem with this a while back. Basically, if you have it so if you are busy, cannot be reached, or there are no answers (but not if you actually press ignore) then it is conditional, but if you ignore it, then that comes out of your minutes bucket.

Phones
    BB9700, wife S4, partner Galaxy Light
    BB9700
    wife S4
    Carrier
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    It's a matter of GSM semantics. The 500 CONDITIONAL CF minutes are those like when you use the *62 GSM code to set your CF. (CF if no answer etc.) Not all phone have this option in their menu. Most only use the *21 code - forward all calls.
    To set this: enter *62*destinationnumber# dial #62# to cancel this CF.

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    3 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text. 1G data on each line . $90/mo. We have had no landline in 8 years

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTek
    I always see on my T-Mobile, CONDITIONAL CALL FORWARD MINUTES.

How does this work? Can I forward incoming calls to another phone number, which I need to this coming week. Will it bills minutes to my T-Mobile account if I do this?
    Each monthly billed post paid account comes with 500 conditional forwarding minutes. Conditional forwarding means to forward the call it has to meet a condition such as the line is busy, the line does not answer or the number is out of reach. You initiate conditional forwarding either with a menu on your phone or using GSM star-hash (*#) codes. The codes are listed in the wiki.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    myTouch 4G (Personal)
    Samsung Jack (Business)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Personal),
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler
    It's a matter of GSM semantics. The 500 CONDITIONAL CF minutes are those like when you use the *62 GSM code to set your CF. (CF if no answer etc.) Not all phone have this option in their menu. Most only use the *21 code - forward all calls.

...mike
    I called CS. She said it charges me minutes for the amount of time it takes to route the call through the T-Mobile network. So, my guess I would get hit for one minute every call forward. She told me the unconditional call forward minutes is for voicemail??

I have no idea. I am a howard forums member and this crap confuses me.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler

...mike
    Codes 61, 62 and 67 are conditional forwarding codes which deduct minutes from a forwarding "bucket" of 500 minutes.

Code 21 is the unconditional forwarding code. Any calls using unconditional forwarding deduct minutes from your plan minutes. 21 is the equivalent of what you use for forwarding at home when you key *72 or 72# on your home phone.

Phones
    myTouch 4G (Personal)
    Samsung Jack (Business)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Personal),
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Codes 61, 62 and 67 are conditional forwarding codes which deduct minutes from a forwarding "bucket" of 500 minutes.

Code 21 is the unconditional forwarding code. Any calls using unconditional forwarding deduct minutes from your plan minutes. 21 is the equivalent of what you use for forwarding at home when you key *72 or 72# on your home phone.
    Is there an area on the T-Mobile web site that explains this or how to do it on T-Mobile. Clearly, if I was not a HOFO member then I would not have this info. The CS rep read me some LONG code, that was not 62, 61, or 67. The function in the RAZR to Call Forward seems to require me to delete the forwarding to voice mail setting to get the calls forwarded to another area.

I searched my t-mobile and there is nothing there.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTek
    Is there an area on the T-Mobile web site that explains this or how to do it on T-Mobile. Clearly, if I was not a HOFO member then I would not have this info. The CS rep read me some LONG code, that was not 62, 61, or 67. The function in the RAZR to Call Forward seems to require me to delete the forwarding to voice mail setting to get the calls forwarded to another area.

I searched my t-mobile and there is nothing there.
    AFAICT there's nothing easily available on the T-Mobile site unfortunately.

If your phone doesn't have a menu to forward (often under settings) you can use the GSM codes. A full explanation is in the wiki.

Phone
    BB 8820
    Carrier
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score

Voice Mail may not be free

[QUOTE=Street Legal]AFAIK there no such thing as voice mail minutes. All voice mail calls from your mobile phone are free.

I have the old basic plan and voice mail calls come out of my minutes.

They appear as mobile to mobile on my bill so I think they would only be "free" if you have a plan where M2M are not an additional charge.

At first I would not answer calls thinking voicemail would use less minutes, but I soon learned that I was charged for the time for the caller to place the voicemail call, and my time to retrieve the voicemail call, AND sometimes the time for the voicemail call notification by TMo. Minumum 4 minutes, I now answer when I can so I can control minutes. I am charged even if I call TMo's landline voicemail retrieval number.

And yes I am frugal, not cheap, and I normally do not exceed my 60 minutes by more than 22 minutes which would raise the price to the BasicPlus plan. (It has happened once in about 18 months)

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=pastorfarley]
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Legal
    AFAIK there no such thing as voice mail minutes. All voice mail calls from your mobile phone are free.

I have the old basic plan and voice mail calls come out of my minutes.

They appear as mobile to mobile on my bill so I think they would only be "free" if you have a plan where M2M are not an additional charge.

At first I would not answer calls thinking voicemail would use less minutes, but I soon learned that I was charged for the time for the caller to place the voicemail call, and my time to retrieve the voicemail call, AND sometimes the time for the voicemail call notification by TMo. Minumum 4 minutes, I now answer when I can so I can control minutes. I am charged even if I call TMo's landline voicemail retrieval number.

And yes I am frugal, not cheap, and I normally do not exceed my 60 minutes by more than 22 minutes which would raise the price to the BasicPlus plan. (It has happened once in about 18 months)
    You are not charged for any deposits into voicemail. You are charged for retrieving voicemail if you call from your handset. If you check from a land line there is no charge to your account.

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    SE w810i (unbranded and unlocked)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Telekom]
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorfarley

You are not charged for any deposits into voicemail. You are charged for retrieving voicemail if you call from your handset. If you check from a land line there is no charge to your account.
    I'm not charged to retrieve VM. It's listed as an M2M call on my bill and I have unlimited M2M. Verizon used to charge me to retrieve VM from my handphone, but so far TMO hasn't.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=jadder]
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom

I'm not charged to retrieve VM. It's listed as an M2M call on my bill and I have unlimited M2M. Verizon used to charge me to retrieve VM from my handphone, but so far TMO hasn't.
    For regular accounts without mobile-to-mobile you are indeed charged air time to call voicemail from your handset.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast