Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Cingular raising PPU SMS pricing 1/21/07 - Waiving ETF?

Phone
    6110, HWideos
    Carriers
    singtel(sg), telkomsel(id), maxis(my)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_g20
    i just got denied by a CSR, their reason is: not subscribed to a text message plan, if not happy about the price increase, don't use text message...the key word seems to be 'subscribe' because the cingular TOS said you allowed to terminate w/o fees in they raise the fees of a service to which you subscribe
    wait, so are you not on PPU sms? because that is listed as a 'subscribed' feature on my account...just because you didnt subscribe your self to it and dont pay any monthly fee for it doesent mean it isnt a service....i wish i had a good reason to jump ship, just to protest the price increase....but i need the coverage....
    76% of statistics are based on 59% false information, and 28% outright lies. 34% of statistics are purposely misleading, and 88% are fabricated due to missed deadlines and faith-based agendas.
    I am a green libertarian, i want to move to new vermontshire
    http://zfacts.com/
    http://wikileaks.org

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro (Sprint), LG Dare (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone (AT&T), Nokia N85 (AT&T)
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    You would think they could learn from Sprint's mistake on this. Identical issue. They raised text messaging fees. All of a sudden, people are canceling because of the change. (With no ETF.) Sprint finally gets smart and grandfathers people who call into the old rate. Risk mitigated. Those that don't call get the higher rate. Those that do, have no reason to cancel because they are grandfathered. (Thus, no material change.)

It's doubtful that Cingular will do this, however. They are much too arrogant, which is rather amusing since their network belies their superiority complex. Anyone who is annoyed by the change, who does not like their service, and wants to cancel without a penalty should take advantage of this opportunity. Let's be clear: Cingular knew this was a possibility when they raised the price. They probably already have an estimate as to the number of people that will cancel. (Not many, I would guess.)

Joel

Phone
    Trace.
    Carrier
    T-Mobile...got pink? Bring Catherine back...she makes my world
    Feedback Score
    Any other success stories like this??? I'm interested in cheating my way, yes absolutely cheating my way out of the system and family planning my mom onto my line on either my t-mobile line or uscc. I don't care what the moral dilemma is here with this, Cingular took an action that has reprecussions. Mock it, think its cheap, childish or just ridiculous. I've been presented with an opportunity to rectify a situation I was planning on paying an ETF fee for, why not milk the system thats so stacked against the consumer. Chalk up a victory for the customer.

Carrier
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    So technically Cingular can raise the prise of PPU SMS to $49/message and do we just have to suck it up and take it?
    I like prepaid services...methinks.

Phone
    Trace.
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden0606
    The only way to drop out is if they were to change your rate plan cost. I actually verified this with a few departments here.
    Son I will happily use my pre-law knowledge and take Cingular to court over as the original poster in another thread put it a "material breach" of contract. Cingular changed the terms and conditions of the contract without the consent of the signer. I think the Sprint case speaks VOLUMES for what the outcome will be of this scenario.

Good luck with those cases, i'll be enjoying watching Cingular fall on its face when taken to court.
    Last edited by Mazzel; 12-08-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Phones
    HTC Hero (Android 2.1) CDMA
    Nokia N79 (Symbian s60v3 FP2) GSM
    HTC Hermes (WinMo 6.1) GSM
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brealmp3
    i've been doing it for over 2 years now, and will continue because i'm doing quite well. i have a good customer base established and get plenty of referrals every month. but i don't get paid to deal with nonsense.

lol from the mouth of a true Cingular ***** boy....

and before you talk **** to other people realize that cingular has stated in thier contract that any increase in initial charges waives the right to charge an early termination fee...try reading the contract that you so vehemently defend....

now put your real brain back in, and leave cingulars' at work son...
    Last edited by coldsweat; 12-08-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsweat
    lol from the mouth of a true Cingular ***** boy....

and before you talk **** to other people realize that cingular has stated in thier contract that any increase in initial charges waives the right to charge an early termination fee...try reading the contract that you so vehemently defend....

now put your real brain back in, and leave cingulars' at work son...
    Ive seen enough of the personal comments on this thread, quit perpetuating the problem. If you all want to discuss and debate, debate the post and its contents, not the members posting it.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's surprising how many self-appointed legal experts here can quote contract law. Any real lawyers on the board who care to verify the claims on either side of the arguement?? I will admit I not a lawyer either.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    Trace.
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    It's surprising how many self-appointed legal experts here can quote contract law. Any real lawyers on the board who care to verify the claims on either side of the arguement?? I will admit I not a lawyer either.
    I am speaking to a lawyer as we speak via im
    repeating him to this argument
    his exact words were to use the 50% claim as an unreasonable rise in pricing
    if their contract includes the right to raise reasonable fees, thats unreasonable a 50% increase is an unreasonable increase.

This coming from a contract lawyer. He says and I quote, "I can absolutely guarantee you success in court, the key is to get the success before court."

You guys are looking at this in the wrong line, Sprints contract like Cingulars had the same paraphrasing and they openly allowed customers out.

Phone
    Iphone 5s 64gb
    Carrier
    Verizon/Testing AT&T for possible switch
    Feedback Score
    So what is exactly does the postpaid mean?, A phone that I brought into the contract and cingular had nothing to do with it?

Phones
    HTC Hero (Android 2.1) CDMA
    Nokia N79 (Symbian s60v3 FP2) GSM
    HTC Hermes (WinMo 6.1) GSM
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .7
    Ive seen enough of the personal comments on this thread, quit perpetuating the problem. If you all want to discuss and debate, debate the post and its contents, not the members posting it.

k sorry hugs all around

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    Motorola RAZR v3x
    Sony Ericsson w600i
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    Self appointed legal expert?

I guess it isn't a prerequisite for Cingular employees to have the ability to read (and comprehend) English; or, for that matter, to have the mental ability to logically deduce the meaning of full phrases or sentences. Then again, this doesn't surprise me; I often find that Cingular employees come marching into these kind of threads, guns blazing -- but these very members (i.e., Cingular employees) are themselves quoting contractual law, many times lacking the ability to post without making simple grammatical or logical errors. (note: not specifically referring to your post)

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a lawyer, for that matter) to interpret the contract -- at least at a level of basic understanding. If understanding a wireless contract required a law degree, then customers would bring lawyers to the store with them when they signed up for wireless service.

So please, spare us the baloney. It was clear from the other thread that you are biased in matters like this. And, if I'm not mistaken, I've seen you play in the past the same "Cingular is right, customers are wrong" game. What a naive outlook.
    "My downfall raises me to infinite heights." -Napoleon Bonaparte

01101010 ...

Feedback Score
    brealmp3 is beign stupid...cant help ignorant ppl =/

Phone
    Nokia 5800 Navigation
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    ^I suggest you scroll up and read post #33.
    You may want to edit your post.

Phones
    Motorola: Z9, V9, V3xx, V3, C168i
    Sony Ericsson: W810i, W580i, Z310a
    Palm: Treo 750
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just fired off an email... we'll see what happens. i'm too tired to call and deal with them tonight.

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 ... LastLast