Thread: 5 gig limit on an unlimited wireless aircard

Feedback Score

5 gig limit on an unlimited wireless aircard

i am new to this site and i think i put this in the wrong spot so dont get mad... anyone have verizon turn off your wireless aircard for laptop because your mb usage was too high? I had verizon aircard with unlimited airtime and unlimited mb usage. Verizon told me i downloaded too much????? They told me on my original receipt it said there was a cap of 5 gig download.... well i found my receipt that in black and white says UNLIMITED MB ALLOWANCE. On the final bill that they sent me for going over the allowable mb usage it says "unlimited mb allowance".....Anyone have any ideas what this is about, is it legal, are there any class action lawsuits pending due to breach of contract, is there a governing agency that handles fraud to large cooperations? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phones
    Sierra Wireless card (Sprint)
    LG CU500 3G
    Motorola Ming
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigolhc
    i am new to this site and i think i put this in the wrong spot so dont get mad... anyone have verizon turn off your wireless aircard for laptop because your mb usage was too high? I had verizon aircard with unlimited airtime and unlimited mb usage. Verizon told me i downloaded too much????? They told me on my original receipt it said there was a cap of 5 gig download.... well i found my receipt that in black and white says UNLIMITED MB ALLOWANCE. On the final bill that they sent me for going over the allowable mb usage it says "unlimited mb allowance".....Anyone have any ideas what this is about, is it legal, are there any class action lawsuits pending due to breach of contract, is there a governing agency that handles fraud to large cooperations? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems that it is UNLIMITED for certain kinds of internet use... Read the below link..

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060726/1926251.shtml

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is a bad and deceptive policy that Verizon has regaurding the limited unlimited usage. 5GB a month doesn't really seem like much to me. I guess it is where they start losing money or not making enough profit on the sub so they cut them off.

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Nex-Tech Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So much for "Unlimited".... I for one can't stand Verizon and the crap they pull all of the time.

Phone
    Trace.
    Carrier
    T-Mobile...got pink? Bring Catherine back...she makes my world
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigolhc
    Nobody on here will disagree with what you are saying. While thats no consolation, Verizon has these limits in place and your receipt won't change that.

Feedback Score
    fortunately in my case i didnt even pay for the aircard, i work in law enforcement and the card was free of charge due to the account i was on. so i am not out anything other than their so called high speed internet aircard which was slow to begin with so there is no loss on my side which i cant sue them. It just bothers me that the 5 gig limit they place on an "unlimited mb allowance" is rediculous.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile ($25 BT)
    Feedback Score
    Considering their math abilities as recently discussed in other threads, they'll probably argue you can have as many megabytes you want but only 5 gigabytes

Phone
    LG G3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP RX 3715 & SE Z710i: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows XP; PPC; 640x480; PPC; 240x320))

thanks to the continous TV feed, the DSL reaches 1.15TB!!!

Optimum/Cablevision