Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: V3m 1.05.0A Monster File Available

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

V3m 1.05.0A Monster File Available

VRZ_V3m_01.05.0AP_PRIii33163_MONSTER_01.shx 118MB file

A link to a badongo.com download of the V3m 1.05.0A Monster File was posted at motomodders.net.
    Someone just PM'd me with a link.
    I added it to my list of firmwares: www.humpa.com/vzw

Any takers?
    I have no idea if it is any good, but supposedly someone used it to flash their V3c.
    I don't feel like posting a link to the thread because I'm not playing with motomodders - they banned me once for posting a link to my humpa.com/vzw page and I don't know why.

EDIT: and incase anyone is wondering why I don't use the badongo.com link in my post: It is because when that link no longer works, I reupload the file and post the new link on my vzw page. That way these threads ALWAYS have working links.
    Last edited by Humpa; 12-10-2006 at 12:39 AM.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    help me! read my thread one down from yours!

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vz fios
    help me! read my thread one down from yours!
    It is a Monster Flash - it probably erased everything.
    Did you try *228? You might need to do option 1 first.

EDIT: oh, I see someone already told you to try that.

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This should simplify the return from the Alltel flash... Don't know why anyone would want to go back though...
    Last edited by llivinglarge; 12-10-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i figured that but just wonder if im going to be charged an activation fee.. no right? jw.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    i figured that but just wonder if im going to be charged an activation fee.. no right? jw.
    I have no idea - but just keep an eye on your bill. If you are charged, call them up and they'll take it off - they shouldn't charge you to activate a phone that's already activated.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You won't be charged, I tried this a couple times when my V3m was acting up back home. All it does is reprogram your numbers and data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by llivinglarge
    Hehehe, the trickle begins.
    No, he said he found it on "google".
    ... I chuckled when I read that. But like I said in the "deleted" thread, where it comes from is all irrelevant, right?

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I have no idea - but just keep an eye on your bill. If you are charged, call them up and they'll take it off - they shouldn't charge you to activate a phone that's already activated.
    ok thanks. yeah im sorry to make a huge deal over the number thing lol. i knew 228 but was too dumb to ask the question i had. I programmed it, so yeah ill just look at the bill. thanks you guys.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks. yeah im sorry to make a huge deal over the number thing lol. i knew 228 but was too dumb to ask the question i had. I programmed it, so yeah ill just look at the bill. thanks you guys.
    So?
    How's it work?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i was wondering if this flash will allow us to see how verizon lays their crappy ui over the original moto ui

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by griesr
    i was wondering if this flash will allow us to see how verizon lays their crappy ui over the original moto ui
    Unlikely... We learned next to nothing from the v3c SuperUpgrade. If anything, it made us more confused than ever.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yeah your probably right i was just being optimistic...

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It's possible though, looking over the file briefly it appears to be the efs image style like the E815 ones we have, so this may give more of an idea. We're pretty in the dark though since it's above the level of programming that people here have, not to mention not having access to the programs we might need.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    So?
    How's it work?
    Everything is great, its like my V3m just came out of the box. My contacts are gone, but I backed up with MPT so its all good. Its so nice to have a clean V3m back.

One thing I noticed is the fast menu response .. since everything is cleaned out I guess. Even the camera starts a little faster. I had stock ringtones from a V3c stuck on my phone and now they are off. Its great I'm very happy with the flash.

One thing I found interesting was that when I plugged my phone into my computer after I flashed, It was read as a V3c .. even when the other firmware said V3m .. nothing major, just something I noticed.

Another thing is I really didnt do any seem edits to my phone with the last flash I had, so I cannot say what gets wiped and what doesnt, but seeing as it is a monster flash I would imagine everything to get wiped.

Overall, this flash is going to make a lot of people happy. I know I am. If you want to know anything else just ask.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast