Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: metro pcs many problems if you port your #

Feedback Score

metro pcs many problems if you port your #

OK I changed to metro pcs nearly a month ago. I ported my cell# over from sprint. The pricing was attractive to me, $45 all you can eat with no contracts. However they have problems. Read on particularly if you are porting your old number over as these problems do not seem to happen if you get a new number form them.

The 2 main problems are not being able to call certain numbers. The system seems to want to treat certain U.S. numbers as international and asks for extra money to be put onto your account before they will allow you to call them.

Second if you port your number then want to try to text message anyone on a network OTHER than metro pcs you cant, your message never gets though, likewise for receiving any from a cell phone on another network.

Now a cheap phone plan usually comes with some limitations and with Metro PCS their limitation is in their customer service. Most of the time you cant even get a live person rather a recording telling you to try back later and to use their website.

If you do manage to get a human their knowledge and ability to help is often that of a 5 year old. All they seem to be able to do is “send a rest to your phone “ this seems to be their answer to anything from a billing question to a technical issue. If you tell them they have already done this before they then “issue a trouble ticket” Now these are magical touble tickets, as every one they have issued on my account mysteriously disappears without trace within 24 hours they issue a ticket and say it will be 72 hours to resolve the issue, when you call back after 72 hours they seem to have no record of a trouble ticket ever having been issued. This has happened 4 times so far and 3 times and 5 times respectively to my friends accounts so it isn’t just me.

So after a month I still cant text anyone but people on the pcs network and certain numbers I just cant call unless I want to pay international rates for a local call.

So Metro pcs. Cheap but you get what you pay for.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zaccie
    OK I changed to metro pcs nearly a month ago. I ported my cell# over from sprint. The pricing was attractive to me, $45 all you can eat with no contracts. However they have problems. Read on particularly if you are porting your old number over as these problems do not seem to happen if you get a new number form them.

The 2 main problems are not being able to call certain numbers. The system seems to want to treat certain U.S. numbers as international and asks for extra money to be put onto your account before they will allow you to call them.

Second if you port your number then want to try to text message anyone on a network OTHER than metro pcs you cant, your message never gets though, likewise for receiving any from a cell phone on another network.

Now a cheap phone plan usually comes with some limitations and with Metro PCS their limitation is in their customer service. Most of the time you cant even get a live person rather a recording telling you to try back later and to use their website.

If you do manage to get a human their knowledge and ability to help is often that of a 5 year old. All they seem to be able to do is “send a rest to your phone “ this seems to be their answer to anything from a billing question to a technical issue. If you tell them they have already done this before they then “issue a trouble ticket” Now these are magical touble tickets, as every one they have issued on my account mysteriously disappears without trace within 24 hours they issue a ticket and say it will be 72 hours to resolve the issue, when you call back after 72 hours they seem to have no record of a trouble ticket ever having been issued. This has happened 4 times so far and 3 times and 5 times respectively to my friends accounts so it isn’t just me.

So after a month I still cant text anyone but people on the pcs network and certain numbers I just cant call unless I want to pay international rates for a local call.

what market are you in?
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phone
    Super slice
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Many of my friends got their numbers ported over with none of the problems you've had.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Carrier
    mertoPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just ported my Verizon phone number to my metro phone. I can text Verizon and whatever cell company my niece is on in the hills of Kentucky. I've called Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, and around Florida with no problems so far.

Phones
    Blackberry i8350
    i850
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I had my number ported from Nextel and had a TON of problems, most of them were due to the authorized dealer, not MetroPCS. But one problem I have had consistantly is that my picture messages only work with Metro customers, and sometimes my text messaging. I have been told after many of the dreaded "trouble tickets," a replaced phone, and several visits to a Service Center, that it's because my number was ported. They also told me I could fix it by getting a Metro number, which isn't an option b/c this is my business phone. Oh well. Other than that I like my service and I don't plan on ditching it anytime soon. Now that we have internet, I just tell everyone to send my mms to gmail.

Feedback Score
    I am in Orlando Florida.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My number was ported over from sprint and i had these kind of problems.... make sure you get your text messaging reset and not from customer care. Call the 888 number and ask the rep to contact there coach so that they can go into the system and do a reset. it is a pain in the *** but if you get the right person that knows what there doing you should be fine. All my **** works good now, no problems at all.

Phone
    sch-a650
    Feedback Score
    Anyone see a pattern it appears to be a metro/sprint problem.
    Last edited by teneight; 12-15-2006 at 04:35 AM. Reason: misspell

Feedback Score
    it is also a customer support problem. if this isnt a 1 off incident they should know how to fix it.

I spoke to a supervisor 2 days ago. promised faithfully to call me back the next day with an answer, I told her that i have never got a call back yet, she promised she would, guess what, 2 days later, no callback.

Phone
    Nokia 3586i
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I ported my number from Sprint to Metro back when porting first became available in California (over a year ago I believe) and I have had NO problems whatsoever.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it is also a customer support problem. if this isnt a 1 off incident they should know how to fix it.

I spoke to a supervisor 2 days ago. promised faithfully to call me back the next day with an answer, I told her that i have never got a call back yet, she promised she would, guess what, 2 days later, no callback.

pm me your phone number
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Feedback Score
    ok

and months later the problem is still there I have all but given up on the techs there

Phone
    Samsung R410
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i ported my number almost 2 months ago from Tmobile to Metro. my number originates from the south florida market, and i live in the orlando market. I havent had any problems at all- which is a complete difference from when i was a tmobile customer. I am the only person that i call/text that has MetroPCS and i have no problem at all calling or texting any of them regardless of whether they are Alltel, ATT ,Verizon, sprint, or Tmobile. The Corporate store that i went to had extremely knowledgeable employees and helped me in a few minutes. I also have never had a problem getting someone when i have called Metro, Maybe im just lucky.

I had your international problem when i was a tmobile customer- every month when my billing cycle closed out it blocked me from calling several numbers claiming they were international- even though they were not. Tmobile was never able to fix the problem for almost 6months.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can say that there is alot of issues between text and mms messages with metro. Having had T Mobile, and Metro PCS and currently Verizon. Metro's messaging is nothing to be desired. I have texted friends with metro and it takes sometimes 20 mins for a text to go through. That's a joke.
    It is what it is and that's all it is!

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SamSpex: SCH-R210 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Porting is always the original providers responsability they dont let the number completely "leave" their system. Tmo is a winner in this because they hate metro with a passion around here. You mention metro around a tmobile rep and they go ape **** on you and completely bash you. They even went as far as to pull service from dealers that give metro as an option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast