Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's a PUK code?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gleffler
    You know this defeats the whole purpose of having a PIN on the card in the first place, right?
    It does. but if the person trying to figure out the code probly wont even think of looking at the sim card for the number.

Feedback Score
    puk code is a security feature that freezes the sim. if you mess with the security settings it will lock up thinknig its in the wrong hands, you have 2 tries to unlock this which is where the PUK 1 Puk2 comes in. If it freezes a 3rd time you'll have to replace the SIM completley because it will be burned out.

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation used and pretty rock solid
    Carrier(s)
    Tmo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    Cingular told me it changes. I had to call to get the PUK code on two different occasions for the same SIM card and it was different. I guess in Europe they don't change it.

ive actually seen this happen had a friend of mine wrote down his puk code for him few months later he came back said it didnt work i looke in this accoutn it was different from what ihad wrote down for him
    "I'm Rick James ×××××"

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    the new Ma Bell
    Feedback Score
    PUK has become a hated word in the GSM world

"hi, for some reason my phone is asking me for a PUK code and I cant use it"
    -- "did you try to change any of your security settings?"
    "...no"

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

PUK Code Available Online

This announcement was in the Cingular Support Forums:

Phone’s locked and need your PUK code? Well, no need to call into customer service!

To obtain your PUK simply log into your “My Account” at Cingular.com. Once logged in, click on the link located under the PHONE/DEVICE section; once on the PHONE/DEVICE page, click on the “Unblock SIM Card” link located right above the “Get Answers” section and you will be provided with your PUK Code.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    Sony Ericson Z525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhumien
    Can anybody tell me what "PUK" stands for, and what a PUK code actually is? I e-mailed cingular once because i accidently locked the sim, and i needed one of these codes. They e-mailed me back with the PUK 1 and the PUK 2. What is the difference?? and what are they? i got the problem resolved, but i noticed that the cingular e-mail was in my inbox and im still scratching my head as to what the heck it all means...
    go to www.cingular.com and log in to mycingular. your PUK code is listed
    Pin is 9414 96CO.
    Use it!!!!

Feedback Score
    Umm.... I accedentally did lock my SIM, so I needed my sim. I sent my phone and It unlocked.. The didn't tell me PUK..... They only told SIM>>> 1206, 8268, 347639..... It doesn't need to be 4 numbers!!!!

Feedback Score
    Amazingly, I thought the PUK was on back of SIM card.... Somewhere in between the Totally impossible number on my 3G SIM, 89014104211411080388 )

Here's Scramble code version!:
    Anazlgmiy, I tohgout the PUK was on bcak of SIM crad.... Smeohewre in beweten the
    Ttoaylly ipomsisble nmurebr on my 3G SIM, 89014104211411080388

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stramire
    puk code is a security feature that freezes the sim. if you mess with the security settings it will lock up thinknig its in the wrong hands, you have 2 tries to unlock this which is where the PUK 1 Puk2 comes in. If it freezes a 3rd time you'll have to replace the SIM completley because it will be burned out.
    Yup. If you enter the PUK2 in wrong, you're totally PUK'ed

Feedback Score
    Well, a PUK 2 is For anyways Unblocking PIN 2 Right??
    Well ask for your pin Pin 1, & Pin 2 Deleted (My friend asked for them to delete the PIN... So Get rid of th PIN so there's no use of a PUK!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why do customers lie and deny messing with the security features on their device? Why can't they just be honest and confess? Its not like AT&T is going to yell at them or something.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Customers will NEVER admit that they tried playing around with the security settings as if we're stupid. They do the same thing when they come in with a phone that when you take the back cover off water drips on your desk and the water mark is clearly RED! "Oh I didn't get it wet!" Grumble....

Most of my customers already attempted to enter in their PUK code not knowing what it was and those are usually the ones with the contacts on their SIM only.

Device(s)
    Lg KU990
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok PUK , what if you don't know the provider of the phone I think the phone came from the UK it is now in the USA and I am getting the USIM locked message, now I understand that the USIM is a LG term, however that gives me no clue as to how to unlock the PUK on this phone.

A friend bought this phone over the internet and now the seller is unavailable.

the phone is a high end phone LG KU990

He was the dummy that bought the phone without knowing what to do, or he locked it by trying to use a password to many times he won't say , says it was said to be working when he bought it.

I told him he got ripped but that I would try to help him out.

I wonder if I send LG an email with the Imie number if they can help? In the past the manufacturer has always said to contact the provider however in this instance we don't know the original provider.

Any suggestion short of tossing the phone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon, Vodafone, O2, Three
    Feedback Score
    Who else, besides the service provider, knows PIN/PUK? I often have customers with phones bought off of ebay with pin/puk enabled, in many cases they simply don't know who the provider is.
    Was anyone in a situation like this before?
    Best phone unlocking equipment

Store: CellCorner.Com
    Facebook: facebook.com/Cellcorner
    Twitter: twitter.com/cellcorner
    Email: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: (561) 921-5149

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellcorner
    Who else, besides the service provider, knows PIN/PUK? I often have customers with phones bought off of ebay with pin/puk enabled, in many cases they simply don't know who the provider is.
    Was anyone in a situation like this before?
    Some phones have the feature in the Security Options to enable them by the user. In order to turn it off/disable it, the Security Code needs to be used when it is in normal mode (i.e. they got pass the PIN Check/PUK at startup).

PIN Check in the phones are part of the phones security options and the cell provider would have nothing to do with providing how turn it off or bypass it since the Security Code can be customized by the User.

Only way to bypass is to completely reset the phone to its default settings and the Security Code would be reset to the factory code listed in the User Guide.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast