Thread: overlapping service from old to new contract

Phones
    Nokia 6700
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

overlapping service from old to new contract

I'm a currently a T-mobile customer -- I signed up for a 1 year contract over a year and a half ago and just have been keeping it ongoing. Well, I wanted a new phone and looked on Ebay and found just what I want at an incredible bargain and have ordered it. The thing is it requires signing up for new contract, so it's like being a new customer I suppose.

How do I transition from my current service to the new package deal contract? Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Feedback Score
    Call up TMobiles CS dept. and see if they will move your old number on to the new account for you. This should cancel out the old account if that's what you were planning on doing.

Phones
    Nokia 6700
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    how do I arrange it so that I am not overlapping payment though? I mean, how do I arrange to get all of the service I'm due for the full month that I'm currently in with old plan without going over into next month, yet not lose service at all during some transition period between the two.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ms
    I'm a currently a T-mobile customer -- I signed up for a 1 year contract over a year and a half ago and just have been keeping it ongoing. Well, I wanted a new phone and looked on Ebay and found just what I want at an incredible bargain and have ordered it. The thing is it requires signing up for new contract, so it's like being a new customer I suppose.

How do I transition from my current service to the new package deal contract? Can anyone tell me how this is done?
    You can't do it and "act" like you're a new customer. Even if you cancel your present service you can't do it. You have to disconnect your service for at least 90 days to be considered new. On the other hand if you are able to upgrade through a dealer that's OK. You'll be locked into a term commitment for whatever period the dealer stipulates.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ms
    how do I arrange it so that I am not overlapping payment though? I mean, how do I arrange to get all of the service I'm due for the full month that I'm currently in with old plan without going over into next month, yet not lose service at all during some transition period between the two.
    If you currently have service and are not getting another line your bill cycle will remain the same. The only difference is that you'll see on your bill the new plan (if that's what you're getting in addition to the phone.) Your bill may be prorated between what you're doing now and the new plan (if it's higher.)