Thread: Password for wap.metropcs.com???

Feedback Score

Password for wap.metropcs.com???

I think I have figured out how to unlock a MetroPCS Motorola V3m so it will be able to tether to a laptop. I have done multiple seem edits and have Motorola Phone Tools. I can now connect to wap.metropcs.com using this setup after the seem edits.

Create New Connection, change service provider to < OTHER >, hit next, select 1xRTT, click next,

Username : ##########@mymetropcs.com
    Password : 000000 (111111 works too, haven't tried more)
    Phone Number : #777

After opening the connection it goes through these steps successfully
    open port
    initializing
    connecting
    Verification of username and password

Then a windows networking icon shows up on the taskbar and an info window pops up saying

Internet Connection is Connected
    Speed 115.2 Kbps

Ipconfig shows an IP for 10.221.9.10 over PPP using TCP/IP with Standard Bluetooth over modem

It has definately connected to a functional network but can't ping google.com. The DNS is working on this network because it translates the DNS's into IP's before saying ping failed. My thinking is that if I use the correct password I will be able to surf. I originally did the seem edits to be able to use my dial up internet for my work pc to briefly log into a vpn a get my tasks dowloaded to my laptop. I still haven't figured out the dial up yet. It appears to need a prefix in front of the number to be dialed but, I just don't know. I have been trying for a week to get this working on dial-up or metroweb and no such luck. Everyone has just said to use your own Dial-up ISP, which I have but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score

re:Password

hmmmm.. I just did a www.whatismyip.com on my phones metroweb and got this IP 65.91.116.31 I'll try to ping it next lol from the internet and from the IP I got from the tether.

Phones
    Blackberry i8350
    i850
    Helio Ocean
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I have been meaning to start fooling with this myself, but I've been lazy about it. I just want to use it on my PDA when I don't have a local Wireless Network to connect to. I'd be interested to know what seem edits you did to make what have gotten to work, to work so far. I have a v3c RAZR, so I hear the seem edits are pretty much the same.

Feedback Score
    Enable Dial-up networking thanks to www.hacktherazr.com
    2742 offset 6a check bit 3

I have to go to workfor now but I'll post the rest later

Feedback Score

Re:....

Also you have to disable EVDO which is listed under the section called Dial-up on www.hacktherazer.com.

Feedback Score
    I use my palm lifedrive and dell axim for my mobile internet.. I have gotten my phone to connect to both devices with the bluetooth dialup networking..
    you will have to set your bluetooth modem to use an initialization string of
    +crm=1;+cso=33
    Set up a connection with the number dialing #777 then use My_Cell_Phone_Number@mymetropcs.com and password mymetropcs.
    so my username is like 415571****@mymetropcs.com and mymetropcs is the password.
    What I have found, is that after logging on, I am able to use the metroweb to get my POP3 email from the web using any POP mail client, but it seems they must be using a proxy server or something for the http protocol because my web browser does not seem to work when I log on. Skype on my pocket pc works fine but still no http web browsing.. does anyone else have their web browser working through MetroWEB when using their phone as a modem?

Feedback Score
    Well, I had the opportunity to play with this for some time today as my power was out and all I had was my laptop, cell phone and associated goodness.

Being the good sysadmin that I am, I will tell you that there are several ports you can get out on and web access is entirely possible. I am not going to publish this info because if I were metro and someone published my stuff, I would be pretty pissed. They block those ports for a reason.

The reason you are seeing different IP addresses is because you are behind a firewall and they NAT all their outgoing connections.

Now to all the haters that will tell me that it cant be done, if you are in Detroit, I will be more than happy to show you. :-)

tango

Phones
    Nokia N96
    tried Nokia N97
    Nokia N95-4 till it died
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    What about we ladies in Dallas, we wanna know too! (followed prior directions and can connect to network, but surfing is blocked. help!)

Phone
    Razr v3m
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Arrow Ultimate guide to tethering & MetroPCS MSL (subsidy code/unlock phone) calculator