Thread: What does "E2P (Custom/Full) Reset" exactly do?

Phones
    Motorola A1200
    Samsung E730
    Nokia 6230
    Feedback Score

What does "E2P (Custom/Full) Reset" exactly do?

Dear Experts,
    Do you know what exactly these reset codes (i.e., "E2P Full Reset" and/or "E2P Cutom Reset") do to Samsung phones? Plesae explain the exact function of these codes if you know. I am particularly eager to know if they reset the phone to the "Factory Setting", or to a possibly different status.
    I've recently applied these codes to my phone (E730) to fix a minor bug in its answering machine. The bug was fixed, but the phone's behavior is not exactly the same as before. It actually works fine. It has only a very minor different reaction while I try to upload a Java midlet via usb cable, though, I've not any luck in doing so ! (neither before reseting the phone nor after it!!!) However, since my phone reacts differently now, I suspect that these codes have set somthing different from the factory setting.
    Please kindly comment on these RESET CODES, if you know. As I mentioned above, the phone apparently works fine, but I am very much curious and anxious to know if I've made a big mistake by using these codes!
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by rezasani; 12-31-2006 at 12:02 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    To my understanding of the codes, the Custom Reset resets the phone to the way it came by default "out of the box" in terms of the wallpaper, ringtone, message tone, backlight display time, and basically anything that the User could have changed.

The Full Reset resets everything above to include the security code and deletes in some cases any files uploaded/downloaded to the phone such as ringtones, wallpapers and any new WAP/MMS settings that did not come with the original firmware.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Phones
    Motorola A1200
    Samsung E730
    Nokia 6230
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for your reply. Actually I've applied both. They don't delete anything from the "File Manager" section of the phone. They don't reset the password. They delete the phonebook, grouping information, and call timer. The CUSTOM reset is very fast. The FULL reset apparently formats the phonebook memory (or some other memory). It prompts not to turn off the phone while the resetting process is going on, and not to use the phone for one minute after the phone is turned off.
    Anyhow, I finally managed to upload Java midlets to the phone!!
    Thanks