Thread: Text message service center number

Feedback Score

Text message service center number

What is the service center number? Tracfone gave me a number but it does not send text messages.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The GSM carriers all have different message center phone numbers.

TracFone's system should have indicated which carrier you have, provided you with the correct number and where to store it in the phone. If they gave you the number, check to see if there is a setting off the Messages menu, in a profile, where this phone number can be stored.

If I recall correctly, CDMA networks handle this automatically and that type of phone does not have a message center number stored.
    Last edited by EdwardP; 12-31-2006 at 07:22 PM.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    This phone had a number stored but because the center was charging me more than it should have cost (1.0 credit to send and recieve than 0.3 credits). they told me to change the number. When i did i couldnt send messages at all. They told me to wait 24 hours To see if it would work. It still does not work at all but they say i have the correct number. I need to know the number that i had because 1.0 is better than nothing.

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The message center numbers differ by carrier. Can't help you without knowing the name of the underlying carrier.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sivart7555
    This phone had a number stored but because the center was charging me more than it should have cost (1.0 credit to send and recieve than 0.3 credits). they told me to change the number. When i did i couldnt send messages at all. They told me to wait 24 hours To see if it would work. It still does not work at all but they say i have the correct number. I need to know the number that i had because 1.0 is better than nothing.
    Whoa! Even the CDMA service only charges a half unit to send and receive text messages. You may want to consider a Nokia 1100 or Motorola C155, receiving text messages is free on them, in contrast to the 0.3 unit charge on the newer phones. You can get one or the other usually with two 60 minute cards for $19.99 plus tax. The time alone is worth more than that, and the phone (esp. the Nokia) is a good phone.