Thread: Totally Free T-Mobile To Go airtime?

Phones
    Samsung t209
    Samsung v205
    Carrier
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score

Talking Totally Free T-Mobile To Go airtime?

I tried searching for this but "to go free minutes" gets lots of hits as you can imagine. I signed up today because this seems too good to be true.

It would appear that my T-mobile to go account minutes/bucks are not decreased when I talk on the phone. Here's the story:

loyal TMO cust for 3 yrs w/get more plan
    decided to save money
    switch to TMO to go
    also, order new t209 (completely new acct) with intent to swap SIM cards
    never swapped SIM cards
    used free $25 card that came with t209 to add minutes to my existing phone

been using the old phone and phone# for >1 month with To Go service, but my account still says 146 minutes and ~$29 (started with 150 mins, $30).

I do get charged apparently 5 or 10 cents when sending or receiving a text message. I txt rarely. But I use it all the time for calls and haven't seen my account balance decrease accordingly.

Can anyone report a similar occurence? Is there any danger of losing this "feature" when swapping SIM cards?

Please don't tell TMO!

Feedback Score

Phones
    Samsung T629
    Nokia 3595
    Motorola Timeport
    Carrier
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sucks I didnt have that. When I had prepaid I went through my minutes like water.

Phones
    Samsung t209
    Samsung v205
    Carrier
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDiva
    Interesting. I had forgotten that my minutes will someday expire. So I'll wait for that day before I do anything :-)

2 months free = $100 savings over my previous getmore plan. Wish I hadn't used the free $25 card yet though

Phones
    Samsung t209
    Samsung v205
    Carrier
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score
    quick update for anyone who is interested.....

I have added $25 to my account each time my minutes were about to expire, and still TMO does not deduct minutes. I do get charged around 10 cents for each text message.

So my balance is about $75 and expires mid august. At which point I invest $25 more bucks, and if everything goes well, still no minutes deducted. Then I have gold status and my $25 investment will last a year

Phones
    Samsung t209
    Samsung v205
    Carrier
    T-Mobile To Go
    Feedback Score
    oh yeah, and I switched phones twice since my last post.

1st from the T209 to my old V205, and now to a Moto V195. Doesnt seem to have anything to do with the phone itself, just my SIM card/account.

I'd consider unlocking the phone but for now I'm going to stay as far away from customer service reps as I can