Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: question about buying verizon phone at target

Feedback Score

question about buying verizon phone at target

at target they ahve the chocolate for $99. i was wonderin if target activates the phone there because of the looks of things they do not. if you buy a verizon phone there for $99 can you put it on your account. it does not state anywhere that activation is needed to get the phone at that price. how would they know if you signed up for a two year contract or not? why couldnt you ljust put it on your account

Phone
    iPhone 8GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon would NEVER let them do that. its kinda like all those lil kiosks that you see in the mall.. they just call it in to customer service and pretty much let them take care of it, Target just hands you the phone and i think you still have to mail in rebates

Carriers
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie8161
    at target they ahve the chocolate for $99. i was wonderin if target activates the phone there because of the looks of things they do not. if you buy a verizon phone there for $99 can you put it on your account. it does not state anywhere that activation is needed to get the phone at that price. how would they know if you signed up for a two year contract or not? why couldnt you ljust put it on your account
    If you read the description of the phone, it says "Contract phone", so apparently there is a contract involved, I'm just not sure how they do it.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Target has a special program that lets them sell VZW service without any real sales people. More or less you pick a phone and a plan and they activate it. They only sell the 450 and 900 minute plans afaik.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Let us know if you get it for $99!
    I KNOW where the Search button is...I'm gonna ask my question anyway!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless (Since March 2002)
    Feedback Score
    To my knowledge, Target only handles new subscriptions. I don't see anything about upgrades or buying a phone at retail, like Best Buy & Wal-mart do. Same goes with T-Mobile at my local Target stores. But my local Target stores offers all Americas Choice plans of $39.99 and up. They won't let anyone get the $34.99 plan. That's only through corporate and some smaller indirects. Regardless, I prefer to go through corporate. Others like the indirect route, but around my area, I don't trust the indirects.

Phone
    KRZR
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave73
    To my knowledge, Target only handles new subscriptions. I don't see anything about upgrades or buying a phone at retail, like Best Buy & Wal-mart do. Same goes with T-Mobile at my local Target stores. But my local Target stores offers all Americas Choice plans of $39.99 and up. They won't let anyone get the $34.99 plan. That's only through corporate and some smaller indirects. Regardless, I prefer to go through corporate. Others like the indirect route, but around my area, I don't trust the indirects.
    You're correct they only do new activations.

And why would you deal with Target to get the Chocolate for $99 when you can go to a Verizon store and get it done correctly for the same price?

Just wondering.

Phone
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WOCK
    You're correct they only do new activations.

And why would you deal with Target to get the Chocolate for $99 when you can go to a Verizon store and get it done correctly for the same price?

Just wondering.

or better yet go to a vzw corp store and use your NE2 and get it for nothing

or buy it on verizonwireless.com and get free shipping and instant rebates

Phones
    SE 760a/c905a Current
    Nextel 580 current-Wifes
    W518a - Kid
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    or find a reputable indirect and either pay the same price and get some free accessories or get a price to begin with. You have lots of choices, choose wisely

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    WOCK, SCTelephoneMan and SuxBeingU: You obviously missed the point. Katie was asking about purchasing the phone without contract and activating it on her current account.

Feedback Score
    went and actually bought one today at target. paid for it back in the electronics section and to my surprise they didnt even try to activate it. i gave it to this old guy and he just scanned it and put it in a bag. i was just tell me nevermind if he tried to activate it for me. havent took it out of the box yet and tried to activate it. but if it works on my account ill let you guys know

Phones
    env2/gylde/dare- dumped
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    yes please let us know if it works... that would be interesting to know

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    ...wow.......

Phone
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macizcool
    WOCK, SCTelephoneMan and SuxBeingU: You obviously missed the point. Katie was asking about purchasing the phone without contract and activating it on her current account.

point not missed at all

buying discounted equipment meant for a new contract and activating it on an existing line of service instead is fraud

why play with fire? go through a legitimate channel as I and the OPs recommended

Phones
    hero
    pre
    others
    Carriers
    sprint,
    Feedback Score
    target will only sell it with new activation.

stay away from third parties as much as possible. for every good one there are 25 bad ones. sucks for the good ones, but its just a fact of the wireless business. deal with a corp store, even if it costs a few bucks more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast