Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 320 x 240 Walls .... Samsung Blackjack (and other similar devices)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Hě hě, em xin lỗi, post nhầm, move qua topic 240x 320 kia giúp em với

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPotato
    You guys are going to love me!
    For those of you who found Lono1981's procedures repuired too much tweaking here's the easier way:

First of all, the right resolution really is 320x240, not 320x186 (using my method)

Using Active Sync, look for the wallpapers already included in your phone.
    The path should be: My Windows Mobile-Based Device\Application Data\Home
    then paste your wallpaper right in and voila! Only thing left is assigning it as the "Background image" through the display settings in your phone.

Now if someone would direct me on how to post pictures in a thread i'd be happy to post custom Wp and step-by-step screenshots (sorry i'm being too lazy to find out for myself).

Your little trick didnt work. I still see degraded quality in the picture. I think you still have to do the long extensive coding that was mention earlier. Thats the one way I can see getting the damn thing to work right.

Feedback Score
    NICELY DONE DUDE! Nicely done!

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T US
    Feedback Score
    Sorry fellas. I had to ditch my Blackjack, it crapped out on me. Went with the HTC Touch Pro.

Thanks for all the help and advice with trying to figure out the Blackjack's wallpaper issue. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    That one LSU background earlier in this thread was amazing. Would it be possible for someone to make a Florida State background? That would be great!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8GB 1st Generation
    Feedback Score

Smile Hello Kent0! Good one's

Quote Originally Posted by kent0
    Hey those pics really look fantastic and even bit scary,but fine.. If you have still more pics similar to the previous one plz let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Feedback Score

Still having problems with wallpapers

Hi all, new user here... I'm still having problems with distorted images for my wallpaper.

I used the method of copying an existing theme.home file (SamsungPopup.home.xml) to my desktop and editing these tags:

<title lang="0x0409">Blah blah blah</title>
    <title lang="0x0809">Bleh bleh bleh</title>

<background bgimage="somepicturehere.jpg" valign="top" bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" />

Obviously I would have already copied the somepicturehere.jpg file into my \Application Data\Home folder, so that it's immediately accessible by my device when it reads the xml file. Its dimensions are 320px X 213px, btw.

Then I rename the theme.home file (for example to mySamsungPopup.home.xml) and copy it back to the Application Data\Home folder.

So at this point, both mySamsungPopup.home.xml and somepicturehere.jpg are in the Application Data\Home folder.

Here's the weird part... after I select mySamsungPopup, then select "Default" as my background image, instead of somepicturehere.jpg showing up, I get an empty background. I have tried the other themes that came with the phone, and the default image (for example Wave2.jpg) does not even show up unless I explictly set it to be so.

So when I set somepicturehere.jpg to show up, it comes out distorted as usual. It's like it's taking a picture of my perfectly proportioned background image, resizing it unnecessarily and spitting it back at me. Anybody have a different method? Am I doing something wrong here?

edit:

Never mind, I think I know what the problem is. What the previous instructions failed to mention is that the Color scheme in the Home Screen page should be Default or Samsung <insert colour here> only. Setting it to something like "Guava Bubbles" or "Windows Mobile" will result in your image not showing up by default.

Just to make things simpler for myself, I set the Colour Scheme and Background Image both to "Default". The grey bars don't look too bad in contrast to the black device.

Device(s)
    Samsung Black 2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have some themes for Facade plugins?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPotato
    You guys are going to love me!
    For those of you who found Lono1981's procedures repuired too much tweaking here's the easier way:

First of all, the right resolution really is 320x240, not 320x186 (using my method)

Using Active Sync, look for the wallpapers already included in your phone.
    The path should be: My Windows Mobile-Based Device\Application Data\Home
    then paste your wallpaper right in and voila! Only thing left is assigning it as the "Background image" through the display settings in your phone.

Now if someone would direct me on how to post pictures in a thread i'd be happy to post custom Wp and step-by-step screenshots (sorry i'm being too lazy to find out for myself).
    worked like a charm. thank you much!
    Once you go black you never go back.

Device(s)
    Blackjack 1 WM6.1 Overclocked
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    how can I set my background pic to fill the entire screen ...????

because when I select one of my own images , it displays the pic with a colored line along the top of the screen . ( it is the same color as my theme iam using . ie: blue with a blue thick stripe )

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by foneup
    Here's a couple to get the ball rolling.
    My phone is Samsung i320.....Has to to be the coolest phone I have ever had the pleasure to own.

Cheers
    foneup....

I LIKE UR HAPPY FACE PIC!!
    █N█E█F█F█

Feedback Score
    wow the picture is so cool and buddy is this the picture you took with your camera in the mobile you have bought in samsung?

Feedback Score
    se efxaristo poli

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6