Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Treo 750 constantly losing miniSD card -- Anyone else?

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I used corsair's 2gb. no problems to report. Newegg it.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingy
    Feedback Score
    My two cents:

I have been using a Kingston 2GB miniSD with my 750 since the 11th, and I have had no trouble at all. About $30 at buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_2GB...202845139.html

Hope everyone gets their problems fixed.

Spencer

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Corsair 2gb completely died yesterday. The 750 won't see it nor reformat it, so not sure where to go from here. I don't have an SD card reader, so I can't reformat it outside the system. Blah! I don't feel like doing another hard reset to attempt to get the miniSD to work again. Hopefully Palm can fix this issue.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I've formatted mine in my Canon SD550 camera and my Palm Tungsten T5, use the adaptor and put it in something that takes a SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by stanswx
    My Corsair 2gb completely died yesterday. The 750 won't see it nor reformat it, so not sure where to go from here. I don't have an SD card reader, so I can't reformat it outside the system. Blah! I don't feel like doing another hard reset to attempt to get the miniSD to work again. Hopefully Palm can fix this issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker
    I've formatted mine in my Canon SD550 camera and my Palm Tungsten T5, use the adaptor and put it in something that takes a SD card.
    Yeah, I need to grab an SD card reader. The only reader I have is for my camera and it only does CF.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Oh that sucks, almost all cameras are using SD cards now....time to upgrade. Let me start by saying "Canon"

Quote Originally Posted by stanswx
    Yeah, I need to grab an SD card reader. The only reader I have is for my camera and it only does CF.

Feedback Score

Possible Fix For Losing MiniSD Card?

I was doing some research on reg hacks and discovered this thread:

MiniSD Fix

I don't have my MiniSD card (4GB on order), but for anyone with this problem, why not test these settings and post success/failure . . .

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker
    Oh that sucks, almost all cameras are using SD cards now....time to upgrade. Let me start by saying "Canon"
    Well I have a Canon Digital Rebel, so yeah. Also, I ended up RMA'ing the Corsair and went with a Kingston. So far so good. *knocking heavily on wood*

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    abs99...

I tried the Reg fixes and they didn't work on either of my Patriot 2gig cards... and I wasn't having trouble with my SanDisk 1 gig card (which is the one I currently have in my phone)... going to talk to NewEgg to see about switching them out for a SanDisk one..

mG

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm750/v0000 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Doesn't happen to me. So far I've had no problems

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm750/v0000 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Quote Originally Posted by urbancowboy
    The only time I hear the alarm 1 bell (new card found) is when the phone first boots up. Do not have a problem with the phone loosing the card. I am using a sandisk branded card. I would try a new card.
    That's exactly what I'm using, sandisk

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973
    Update: I was able to install Pocket Mechanic and format the card (FAT32... Only two other options are FAT12 and FAT16). Didn't make a difference. I still lose the card as soon as I come out of standby.

If this was a trivial issue, I'd say wait for Cingular to release their new firmware that will add HSDPA support and hope it fixes this, but the fact that I cannot use a miniSD card is not trivial at all. However, I don't know what to do. Getting a new card would be a hit or miss deal that could never end, until I hit, $300 later.

From reading this thread from XDA-Developers, I see this is a pretty common problem, which doesn't seem to be either device nor card specific. Firmware, maybe? I am running

Software Version: TREO750-1.13-CNG
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware Version: 1.17.20.00

How about everybody else? Please specify whether you get the problem too or not.

Thanks.
    I have the same version still no "lost" card

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4