Thread: Can you activate a line with an old Tmobile sim card?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    HTC Kaiser
    HTC TyTn
    Carrier
    Tmobile (Cingular was a no no)
    Feedback Score

Can you activate a line with an old Tmobile sim card?

Hi, my sister just got her phone stolen and now we have an old phone with an old tmobile sim card in it. What I was wondering is if we can turn the account back on and use this sim card to hold my sisters account. The account is currently suspended. Thanks guys.
    DEALEXTREME - cheapest electronic gadgets and stuff for your phone on the internet.

My Feedback
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=513732
    1 Positive =) .. gotta start somewhere

Phones
    Treo 600
    Nokia 3200
    Moto v66
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to. I did something similar once, but not activate a new line, instead, I asked to move my account from one SIM to an old de-activated SIM. Rep has no problem doing that for me.

Phone
    Dash WM6
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    call cs and tell them you want to change the sim card # on her account. its that simple. if the sim is not useable tell the rep to put notes in acct to get free sim and then go to t-mo corporate store and get your free sim.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    HTC Kaiser
    HTC TyTn
    Carrier
    Tmobile (Cingular was a no no)
    Feedback Score
    just tried with 2 different sim cards and he said that the cards were in aging status and that he couldn't use that sim card on the account. I kept trying to convince them and eventually one representative said that he'd try and do it and that it would take 24 hours.