Thread: I have a Blackberry 8800 here!

Phones
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8300 Curve
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score

I have a Blackberry 8800 here!

Well the much anticipated Blackberry 8800 is here (a pre-release version mind).

The actual device is a little weighty which is to be expected with a full keyboard and clearly bigger screen as apposed to the Pearl. Looks very nice and even has built in GPS which I have tested. Excellent - Not sure what exactly whether any of the functionalities such as GPS etc will be taken away when it's all finalized!

I'll try and get some pics up when I'm back from work but until then, if anyone has any questions about it then I'll try and answer!

Phones
    iPhone 4
    IP4, BB9780, IP3G
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That's awesome! Please, post some pics!

Phones
    Blackberry 8320
    Blackberry 9700
    Carriers
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spifty
    Well the much anticipated Blackberry 8800 is here (a pre-release version mind).

The actual device is a little weighty which is to be expected with a full keyboard and clearly bigger screen as apposed to the Pearl. Looks very nice and even has built in GPS which I have tested. Excellent - Not sure what exactly whether any of the functionalities such as GPS etc will be taken away when it's all finalized!

I'll try and get some pics up when I'm back from work but until then, if anyone has any questions about it then I'll try and answer!
    Just gives us and a review of the phone....
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Phones
    Blackberry 8530
    Blackberry 8530
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

First question: is it GSM or CDMA?
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Phone
    Carrier
    Cingular--the new at&t
    Feedback Score
    As tdawg stated, a full review based upon your use of the device would definitely be great. Are you using the version with or without the camera? Wifi? 3G? Carrier branding?

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Blackberry 8310
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhonePimpBill
    First question: is it GSM or CDMA?
    Is that a joke or extreme optimism?

Phone
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I call B.S. until pictures and more information is given.

On a lighter note, I have a BB 8900 right here! It's 3G, GPS, 5mp Camera, WiFi, and is just amazing!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Feedback Score
    I got one here too.

Will try and do a proper review later - first impressions though - nice sized display. expandable memory slot - micro sd. mine too has built in gps which i have tested briefly with blackberry maps. mine definitely doesnt have a camera and as yet i have not found a wifi option anywhere in the menu's.

Phones
    8700g
    7105t
    Motorola Razr
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    This may sound stupid but a picture of the "about screen" would be nice.

Feedback Score
    Just off for a run - will do when i get back - is there a limit to attachment size posting here??

Phones
    crackberry
    bunch of nokias, motos
    siemens, samsung mistakes
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phatspider
    Just off for a run - will do when i get back - is there a limit to attachment size posting here??
    Don't post here as an attachment -- upload to http://imageshack.us then link the pictures into your post using [ IMG ] < url > [ /IMG ] tags (spaces added for skulduggery by me), and you won't have any problems at all.

Like this:

(a random shot from my 8100 I posted to flickr)

Feedback Score

There you go - now I really am going to go for my run!
    Last edited by phatspider; 01-11-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Phones
    8700g
    7105t
    Motorola Razr
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks....that clears up a few questions.

Phones
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8300 Curve
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Haven't had time to do pics yet. Already have them taken so will do it asap!

I've only had about 30 mins with it. For the guy who said about not finding the wi-fi option.. instead of the icon saying 'turn wireless/radio on' it's now 'Connection settings' which you go in to and have wi-fi etc.

As I said the pre-release thing could be different to the version we're going to be able to buy.

The 8800 I had today isn't 3G. Think it's EDGE though - correct me if I'm wrong.

So far it's very nice, the fact that you've got an equivalent Pearl with a full QWERTY keyboard is brilliant.

That's it for now folks. I'll try and get them pics sorted out.. (i don't actually know how to get them up in this forum - any help would be appreciated) to let you guys see it.

Oh and no camera on this one either which I don't consider a bad thing personally although there might be some dismay out there!

Feedback Score
    On mine - that turn wireless off option is now called manage connections. But in there the only too options are 'Mobile Network' and 'Bluetooth'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast