Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: My N95 first impressions

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score

My N95 first impressions

Althou i have played with the N95 back in sept during nokia open studio, its still exciting to have another chance to see it in person, especially since I get the chance to use it for a few weeks.

The phone came with a battery (BP-5F), charger,1 gb micro-sd with adaptor, stereo headsets and headset adaptor with play/stop/fwd/rewind buttons. One funny thing was it came with a N70 manual and 6680 CD. I ran into a couple of probs when i was turning on the phone. The time to get to the setup screen is notiecably longer than on the n73/n80IE and n93. The softkeys are a little thin, and I have to press them on the left side instead of right below the screen which I do for my other s60 phones. The menu/shortcut keys are too big imo while the talk/hang up keys are too small. The keypad itself is perfectly fine with me, as I have used 3650/7610's keypad without trouble. The menu is the same, but I don't like the fact that I got to press the shortcut key in order to access the 3D menu. I wish it was just an option listed in the menu. The dual sliders are a bit tight comparing to the N80. Nothing wrong with them thou. I was glad that the pop-port is gone and instead there is a 3.5 mm jack. Great job by Nokia on that one.

Camera is good, way way better than the N73/93 for sure. Will put up some sample pics on Saturday for sure. The loadup speed is a bit slow, however, took almost 3 seconds to be able to take a pic after I turned the shutter on.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Pics (For now, taken on the N73 and will take better pics later, promise! ):

Last edited by angel_wing0; 01-25-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Device(s)
    NEC N-08a Software Unlock
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ
    Feedback Score
    Great score angel... congratulations !!!
    My biggest curiosity about this phone is the clarity/sharpness and overall quality of the screen. Being 240X320 and a massive 2.6" I imagine it to be not too good quality, I thought the N73 quality was so-so compared to say a Sharp or other mobiles with 2.4" screen and same resolution.
    I'm sure you are busy with it and will get swamped with requests so whenever you have a chance, I'm sure lots of people are curious.

Have Fun !!!

Cheers, LL-
    N-08A

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got a question!!! Would you mind sending your N95 to me! Grats on getting your hands on one. As far as the camera, is there a blueish haze in dark shots? I assume the camera is going to be really noisy in the dark as the sensor is the approx. the same size as the N73's but its got significantly more pixels.

-Kap

Device(s)
    Nokia N85
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Awesome dude, Can't wait for your full review.
    How is the music playback? Is it like the N73 Music Edition? (the UI, equaliser, etc)
    Also, is it faster than the N73 overall?
    Is the camera only slow once you turn it on or is it always slow from picture to picture? Thanks dude!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lamplighter
    Great score angel... congratulations !!!
    My biggest curiosity about this phone is the clarity/sharpness and overall quality of the screen. Being 240X320 and a massive 2.6" I imagine it to be not too good quality, I thought the N73 quality was so-so compared to say a Sharp or other mobiles with 2.4" screen and same resolution.
    I'm sure you are busy with it and will get swamped with requests so whenever you have a chance, I'm sure lots of people are curious.

Have Fun !!!

Cheers, LL-
    the screen is larger than the n73 physically, but u are right, it still cannot be compared to the japanese sharp 904/904. However, it's very very bright like the N73, and u will not be disapointed with it.

Device(s)
    A1200/Ming (25p firmware & Modified with volume gain, & EDGE,others)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a few questions, if you have time.

- Hows the flash for the camera?

- How good is it at multi-tasking..

- Hows the video quality compared to the N93

- How does it overall feel in the hand and when on the phone? You know does it feel as much as it costs?

Thanks

~Alpha~
    -Motorolafans.com Administrator-

-ModMyMobile.Net Administrator-

~Still Accepting A1200 & E6 phones to Modify to your liking. Contact me if you are interested for a list of what i can do for you & your phone~

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaplanfx
    As far as the camera, is there a blueish haze in dark shots?

-Kap
    no not anymore, and i give nokia kudos for that. It's not there before and after the picture was taken.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8 edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    sweet N95 is sick, everyone is always talking about razr, krzr, pearl, iphone but they have got nothing on Nokia N95. Have fun with it

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 plum
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    I'm gonna ask the question we all want to know - does the browser support youtube videos

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha43
    I have a few questions, if you have time.

- Hows the flash for the camera?

- How good is it at multi-tasking..

- Hows the video quality compared to the N93

- How does it overall feel in the hand and when on the phone? You know does it feel as much as it costs?

Thanks

~Alpha~
    - The flash is like the flash on the N73. (= still sucks compare to SE's Xenon flash)

- multitasking is not that great for now. Whenever I try to open 2 programs at the same time the other one crashes. Especially GPS.

- Will try video-recording later.

- That's a tough one. For now it just feels like a wider n73

No problem alpha.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dljfox
    I'm gonna ask the question we all want to know - does the browser support youtube videos
    no it does not. Althou the browser speed is much faster than the n93/n80 on wifi.

Device(s)
    A1200/Ming (25p firmware & Modified with volume gain, & EDGE,others)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for your honesty! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Ill wait for more of your opinion as you have more time with it.

Have fun with it!

~Alpha~

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 plum
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    no it does not. Althou the browser speed is much faster than the n93/n80 on wifi.
    Thanks for the reply

Well to be honest I wasnt expecting it to but it would have been a nice touch. My N80 used to constantly crash when browsing over wifi due to memory issues, I assume the N95 doesnt have that problem? Do you have the retail version?

Device(s)
    N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have a few questions!

1. How the GPS? I know that to have a "voice prompt" to tell you when to turn left and right is a PREMIUM service that you have to subscribe for, but how is it without that service?

2. Hows the music and hardware it came with, i.e. headphones and whatnot.

4. Can you please post some sample photos in complete darkness using the flash?

3. How the hell do you have this phone already? im pretty jealous , lol.
    "Lifes a ×××××, but god forbid the ××××× divorce me"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dljfox
    Thanks for the reply

Well to be honest I wasnt expecting it to but it would have been a nice touch. My N80 used to constantly crash when browsing over wifi due to memory issues, I assume the N95 doesnt have that problem? Do you have the retail version?
    its an app problem, i assume that a future fw update, or the phone will come with a working version when its avaliable to the mass market.

The wifi is way smoother on the n95...and it doesnt have the crashing problem...well at least not so far

no i have a prototype. Not retail version.

Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast