Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Current AT&T GoPhone Rates/FAQs

Device(s)
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carrier(s)
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    This can be done at a Cingular Corporate store.
    I also saw something in the FAQ section of www.cingular.com/gophone that said that you can now port your number from a GoPhone to a postpaid contract with Cingular.
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 2G - 16GB (3.0) (JB/UNLOCKED)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Individual Plus/T-Zones (Edge)
    Feedback Score

Question

On the Cingular pay as you go unlimited talk plan are the minutes you buy all anytime use minutes, to any type/carrier (mobile cell) phone? I assume yes, hehehe... :-)
    These cell phone plans are confusing. :-O

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kelpo55
    On the Cingular pay as you go unlimited talk plan are the minutes you buy all anytime use minutes, to any type/carrier (mobile cell) phone? I assume yes, hehehe... :-)
    These cell phone plans are confusing. :-O
    There is no Pay As You Go unlimited talk plan. There is the $0.25 per minute plan and the $0.10 per minute plan plus $1.00 per day of use. The latter has unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. These rates are in effect at all times. The mobile to mobile calls apply to calls to and from Cingular customers and those mobile virtual network operators using the Cingular network. Calls to and from customers of the former AT&T Wireless also are included.

There is a Pick Your Plan for $69.99 which allows 650 anytime minutes per month with unlimited mobile to mobile as above and unlimited nights and weekends. You get the 650 anytime minutes only if you do not use your balance for anything else, such as purchases, messages or Internet.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 2G - 16GB (3.0) (JB/UNLOCKED)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Individual Plus/T-Zones (Edge)
    Feedback Score
    hmmmmm...
    only calls to cingular network mobile phones...
    not for me...
    dag :-(

Device(s)
    Motorola Rzr
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Question Is There a Phone Number Email Address for Incoming SMS Messages?

On the old TDMA AT&T Wireless, I received incoming text messages which were sent to [email protected] (or maybe it was .net?) --

Now that I've upgraded to a prepaid Cingular Go Phone Account, the mmode SMS messages aren't coming through anymore.

Is there a different email domain which will work for me now (e.g. [email protected]________.com)?

TIA

nn2g2bt = Not Necessarily Too Good To Be True

Device(s)
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nn2g2bt
    On the old TDMA AT&T Wireless, I received incoming text messages which were sent to [email protected] (or maybe it was .net?) --

Now that I've upgraded to a prepaid Cingular Go Phone Account, the mmode SMS messages aren't coming through anymore.

Is there a different email domain which will work for me now (e.g. [email protected]________.com)?

TIA

[email protected]

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked Motorola v180 that I want to activate as a prepaid. How much for the SIM card?

Device(s)
    LG 800G - LG 500G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tc_jedi
    I have an unlocked Motorola v180 that I want to activate as a prepaid. How much for the SIM card?
    You can buy one on eBay for ~ $9-10. It includes $10 of starter airtime.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSI_Nut
    I also saw something in the FAQ section of www.cingular.com/gophone that said that you can now port your number from a GoPhone to a postpaid contract with Cingular.
    Local number portability only applies to the transfer of a telephone number to another wireless or landline carrier in the same local calling area. It does not apply to intracarrier transactions. It is simply a billing change to go from prepaid to postpaid within the same wireless network and vice versa.

Device(s)
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carrier(s)
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Local number portability only applies to the transfer of a telephone number to another wireless or landline carrier in the same local calling area. It does not apply to intracarrier transactions. It is simply a billing change to go from prepaid to postpaid within the same wireless network and vice versa.
    True, local number portability per se does not apply to intracarrier transactions. HOWEVER, Cingular/AT&T HAS changed their policy on this to ALLOW "porting" one's prepaid number to a postpaid account. See this thread, post #3: It's just not technically called "porting" in this case.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1187728

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I saw in the FAQ it says Cing/AT+T will unlock a paygo phone after 90 days--I've heard (and a friend's been told by CS) they won't unlock them at all--any details/specifics/strategies?
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysanta
    Hi, I saw in the FAQ it says Cing/AT+T will unlock a paygo phone after 90 days--I've heard (and a friend's been told by CS) they won't unlock them at all--any details/specifics/strategies?
    According to Cingular wiki, The first requirement is that the phone's IMEI number must be in your account for at least 90 days. Second is it must be a Cingular branded phone. That would imply new AT&T but not old ATTWS.

Seems to be a riddle. How does an IMEI get on an account? When you activate a Go phone it does ask for one but I don't think it is visible after that. Thus begins your fun. You call up and try that, or just try following guidance from the wiki.

Usually I keep my go phone in my 6200 or in some other phone that I unlocked myself. Others such as J220a, C207, and S56 I did not figure to be worth an unlock attempt so I either sold them as locked or just kept in the case of the S56.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score

subsidy unlock

Going with the inspiration here, I called up to request the subsidy unlock for my S56. Call took a good 20 minutes. CS seemed to pretty much know what he was doing. At one point asked if I paid full retail for my phone and if I had the receipt.

Nope I don't have the receipt. It came from Beyond Wireless to replace TDMA that ya'll were taking down. Very well carry on... Purpose of unlock? Travel. Somehow my Go phone had a 3220 on it. Heck I unlocked that long ago myself. The one I sold or the one I still have? He put the S56 on account and entered the case. Expects 1 to 2 weeks.

Conclusion: You can request unlock on Go Phone account. I will come back here and whine if it doesn't happen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    To anyone who uses GoPhone Pick Your Plan:

Question:

I'm curious about the advertised "balance rollover" feature. (Note: Not minutes, but prepaid monetary balance).

How does this work?

For example, if you pay, say, the monthly charge of $29.99 for "200 minutes" and don't use the phone for the month, when the next month's bill comes due, is your credit card charged another $29.99 or does AT&T simply apply the "unused" balance of $29.99 from the previous month going forward?

Is this correct?

Device(s)
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carrier(s)
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbream
    To anyone who uses GoPhone Pick Your Plan:

Question:

I'm curious about the advertised "balance rollover" feature. (Note: Not minutes, but prepaid monetary balance).

How does this work?

For example, if you pay, say, the monthly charge of $29.99 for "200 minutes" and don't use the phone for the month, when the next month's bill comes due, is your credit card charged another $29.99 or does AT&T simply apply the "unused" balance of $29.99 from the previous month going forward?

Is this correct?
    My understanding of this would be "NO" Minutes rollover only with active service. You would only have active service when you purchase a new 30-day plan for the following month. So instead of having 200 minutes the following month, you would have 400 minutes (200 from the previous month, plus the 200 from the new month).

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast