Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Aliph's JawboneŽ Bluetooth Headset, part 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Check this review out. It has all the details you need.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/03/treo_bluetooth_.html
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Okay, I think that I have stumbled onto something good here for improved incoming sound that doesn't involve destroying anything. Sorry all I have with me is my crappy Treo camera with no macro mode. So, I like others have tried the Jabra replacement gels (the clear ones) but I remembered that I still had some old gels for the BT200. So after removing the Jawbone's earbud, I slipped on the blue cover and it WORKS great! Very tight seal without tearing the Jabra plastic nor having to destory a Jawbone earbud and adhere a Jabra clear eargel. I noticed that it seals my ear canal very well and the incoming audio is so loud that I have to turn the unit down to the lower volume levels. Plus, the fit of the eargel is so tight that it can easily be used without an earhook. You should try it!

Device(s)
    Motorola ic502
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are those the Jabra mini-gels?

Feedback Score
    yeah, its like these (not my auction, just a convenient picture)

http://cgi.ebay.com/JABRA-OEM-EARGEL...QQcmdZViewItem

Feedback Score
    Yeah, you want to make sure that they are the MiniGels that look like this. I beleive that they come in blue or clear for various headsets.

Rather than the EarGels that are available at Radio Sahck and shaped differently and have wider openings. The picture below is the for the ones that people are having to destroy an Aliph earbud and adhere the Jabra EarGel because the eargel is too large to fit on the stub after the earbud has been removed.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Pebl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone recommend a place to buy these MiniGels? Online, shipping seems to be at least as much as the product itself.

Also, is there any easy way to adapt the charger for the car?

thanks,

- Frank

Feedback Score
    Some of the Best Buys had them awhile ago.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I heard about this headset awhile back before it was released, and now I'm looking to pick one up. I'm wondering how this will fair in an amusement park for example with loud noises and screaming, and extremely light to heavy wind since it's outside- also is there anything that would be able to handle that if this can't?

Device(s)
    Kyocera 7135 (retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razon
    I heard about this headset awhile back before it was released, and now I'm looking to pick one up. I'm wondering how this will fair in an amusement park for example with loud noises and screaming, and extremely light to heavy wind since it's outside- also is there anything that would be able to handle that if this can't?
    I don't have a Jawbone but the Ety*com handles a pretty stiff breeze with the windsock on it. So if you wanted bluetooth that would be an Ax2 Pro...

Feedback Score

jawbone very disappointing

i am new to this forum but i put the jawbone through a fairly rigorous three week trial. i recorded to my cell phone voice mail sound tests with both it and the etymotic wired headset. i could not get the jawbone to replicate the noise canellation results i saw in several other recorded sound tests from various internet sites. the ety was comparable with noise cancellation and had a far richer and fuller sound to the listener. and what i heard through jawbone's earpiece was hollow and tinny. trying to fit it's smallest earpiece to my ear gave me fits. i wrestled with it from day one. i wanted to like it because of it's touted technology but in the end i felt like it didn't deliver as advertised.
    i am a documentary filmmaker and have even considered a etypro type bluetooth conversion with a far higher broadcast quality earpiece microphone. i know it would be pricey (countryman E6 mic only around $400) but i am weary of the very low sound quality available in these consumer headsets.
    i have never seen this high end option mentioned anywhere? has anyone else coinsidered this or know of an attempt to do it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razon

I have been using my jawbone for several days now and I am very pleased with it. The jawbone does not seem to cancel out "instant noises" such as my radar detector going off but the constant sounds (such as road noise, etc.) seem to get cancelled out really well. I was speaking with someone yesterday and they couldn't tell that I was travelling in my car. This could be bad for me if my boss thinks I am home and not working!

Device(s)
    Razor and 815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Update on jawbone

Ok, I have had the Jawbone for quite some time now and here is my latest take on it. This will be short because I can't seem to come up with anything that really bugs me. For me, it's as adverstised....and I use bluetooth daily. For the money, it has the best bang for the buck.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    this is the greatest headset i have ever used! the battery life is above average and you dont even notice when it is on your ear. The noise sheild is amazing and it works perfectly. it also looks really cool on your ear and doesnt have blue lights. i would reccomend this headset over any other headset. go get it and enjoy your phone again!!

Device(s)
    e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is anybody using theirs without the ear loop? I find I can get it pretty tight with just the ear piece, but if I use the loop it pulls the earpiece out of my ear constantly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G - Unlocked by default in NZ
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have started using mine with a jabra ear gel (not a mini gel but the standard ones - finally found newer versions that are smaller diameter where they go on the earpiece).

Not only does it feel more comfortable and is easier to put on, but I can actually hear the incoming audio in a noisy environment without physically pushing the headset into my ear while on a call. Recently tried the jawbone at SFO - other side could hear me fine but I couldn't hear. Found the right ear gels and on the way back through SFO tried the same thing - worked great!

You do need to put a hole in the eargel where that little mic is on back/top of the ear piece. I used a large bbq fork with one of the prongs heated up in a gas flame to "burn" a hole through. If you don't let sound get to that mic I don't think the noise cancelling will work as well.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast