Thread: Whats Parameter 30?

Phones
    Motorola C261
    Nokia 1100
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Whats Parameter 30?

On the code entry screen on tracfones if you enter *#30# then ok it shows parameter 30 with a bunch of numbers. I would guess this is their way of knowing how much minutes you have on the phone but I can't be sure. You can also scroll up and down to look at the other parameters.

Anyone know for certain what this actually is? They asked me this when I upgraded my Nokia 1100 to a Moto C261 and I needed my minutes transfered. They also ask on the tracfone site when adding minutes from time to time.

Maybe if someone can decipher the number, maybe we can get more minutes somehow when we call to say our tracfone's "broken".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamman
    On the code entry screen on tracfones if you enter *#30# then ok it shows parameter 30 with a bunch of numbers. I would guess this is their way of knowing how much minutes you have on the phone but I can't be sure. You can also scroll up and down to look at the other parameters.

Anyone know for certain what this actually is? They asked me this when I upgraded my Nokia 1100 to a Moto C261 and I needed my minutes transfered. They also ask on the tracfone site when adding minutes from time to time.

Maybe if someone can decipher the number, maybe we can get more minutes somehow when we call to say our tracfone's "broken".
    I've had them ask me about Parameter 30 also when transferring minutes. I believe it is a checksum or some type of hash they use to determine how many minutes you currently have. I'll do some testing tomorrow to see if the number changes after I make or receive calls.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    There is a database file with parameter code meanings in the Tracfone_Users group in the Yahoo! groups. You should join and check it out! Not all the parameters are known, and some of them are obvious (like the one with your phone number in it...) Yes, one of the parameters shows how many minutes you have remaining. I'm not looking at my Tracfone right at the moment, nor at my Yahoo! groups screen, so you should relieve me of my laziness and go join the Tracfone_Users group at Yahoo! groups, LOL! Tell them Jane sent you... :-)

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    PS: There is nothing that you can actually *DO* with those parameters. They are simply pieces of information and cannot be controlled or manipulated. Just more tidbits of useless information to fill the cavity between one's ears with... :-)