Thread: WORKING free WAP proxy?

Feedback Score

WORKING free WAP proxy?

I was using a WAP setup through Zak's but it seems to be kaput. Web site is still there but myself and 2 others who used to use it for WAP are no longer able to log on. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good proxy for WAP. I am setting it up on (or giving to friends) for e815, 710, and RAZR. I have tried in the past to set up proxy info through the hex editor with no luck.

Many thanks!
    An Apple a Day Keeps Windows Away

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    BB Pearl,Samsung FlipShot, Juke, SCH-U620
    LG enV, enV2, LG Chocolate, Motorola E815 & V710
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I would suggest zaksenterprises.com - that's good for a free proxy.
    I'd also recommend the wap.google.com work-around if you don't want to spend any money. Some people seem to like using the free/public proxies that are out there, but personally I'd never waste my time with them.

If you need normal working mobile web, then sign up with hopke.net for $12/year. Between hopke.net and Zaks, you should always have a working mobile web available.

If you are giving it to your friends, then just give them wap.google.com - if they want more than that, then they probably should just get the real Mobile Web thru Verizon. Otherwise they're always going to be dependant on you. ... unless that's what you want.

EDIT: BTW, you don't need to use a hex editor except to edit the http://homepage field.

Feedback Score
    I was on through the zaksenterprises one but it isn't recognizing my account anymore - or my friends' ones either. So - no clue.

I emailed Zak's but never got a reply.

Is the wap.google.com one one you can use to access it or just a main page? I need to ip stuff to enter into my phone.

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Solta
    I was on through the zaksenterprises one but it isn't recognizing my account anymore - or my friends' ones either. So - no clue.

I emailed Zak's but never got a reply.

Is the wap.google.com one one you can use to access it or just a main page? I need to ip stuff to enter into my phone.
    you can put any domain name you want into the Proxy/Gateway field and use Port 80 - this is not a true proxy, but because of the way everything works, that actually gets you access to that one domain. But since wap.google.com actually processes all the search results so they are viewable from a mobile device, that means that google isn't actually sending you away from the google domain when you click on a result. Google is serving you the results right from the google domain - so that makes this little trick/hack rather useful.

Use wap.google.com in the Gateway 1 field and leave the Gateway 1 IP field blank. Use port 80. Try it out. It isn't a full featured mobile web experience, but it is handy if you don't want to pay $12/year for the real deal, or $5/month for use of Verizon's proxy.

Phones
    LG VX8700
    Motorola 710
    Motorola Timeport
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hello,

Can you set yahoo mobile http://m.yahoo.com/ for your default gateway? will you be charged by Verizon still or is this a free service like wap.google.com

Thanks

Phones
    Moto V3m
    HTC 8525
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    zaksenterprises works for me. I was one of the original users and have never had a problem.

Phones
    Motorola V3C RAZR
    www.hacktherazr.com
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    HackTheRazr.com's free wap proxy is working

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...2&page=1&pp=15
    Hack the Razr!
    www.hacktherazr.com

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zanatoast
    Hello,

Can you set yahoo mobile http://m.yahoo.com/ for your default gateway? will you be charged by Verizon still or is this a free service like wap.google.com

Thanks
    wap.google.com and m.yahoo.com are not services. They are web pages.

the only way to get charged $5 for Verizon's Mobile Web is to call them up and sign up. There is no arbitrary billing for it. The $5 is for the use of Verizon's proxy. If you don't pay the $5 you won't have access to their proxy.

Using a third party proxy (like Zaksenterprises.com, hacktherazr.com, hopke.net, or the google/yahoo pseudo-proxy-trick) uses minutes. Verizon's Mobile Web uses minutes as well. Nights and weekends free, of course.