Thread: Calling someone --> 1 ring --> voicemail

Feedback Score

Calling someone --> 1 ring --> voicemail

So yeah, if I call someone then after 1 ring it goes straight to voicemail, what does it indicate? Does that mean they have a weak signal strength or that their phone is dead? Or is there a way for people to press a button and send someone who they don't want to talk to straight to voicemail. Is it a possibility for people to screen your number and send it to straight to voicemail should they dial?

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    They may have their phone set to send to voicemail after the first ring. Some do it if they can't take calls right away and have it like that so they know they had a call.

Most phones do have a call reject option where they can just press the reject button and send the call straight to voicemail.

If they have a smartphone or Symbian OS phone, they may have a call screening app to screen their calls for them.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Phones
    Motorola V3m Project Red
    LG Rhythm
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The above is true & you are right also... if a phone has bad signal or is powered off it is possible it could ring once or twice & go to voicemail. But if you think they are ignoring your call... then you are probably right. Just kidding