Thread: Can you turn off the auto-backup, from backup assitant?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T- Current :
    Feedback Score

Can you turn off the auto-backup, from backup assitant?

Anyway to turn off the auto backup feature of the backup assistant? I don't make changes everyday to my phone book, no reason why it needs to check everyday to see if any changes have taken place.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (I love the smaller sized phone)
    Carrier(s)
    Currently: T-Mobile Past: Verizon Wireless & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe you can but I havent logged onto my account since i created mine...but i have mine set up the same way....does it alert you when it does this? I've caught my razr screen flash once at like 2 in the afternoon and it was checking for an update but it didnt like make a noise or anything..

Device(s)
    The Storm (9530)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (is there another?)
    Feedback Score
    I only updates if you make a change to the contacts in your phone or in your address book online. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything. It may try to update if you're on the extended network for some reason.

Beth

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes you can. But you have to use the phone client. Here's a blurb from the website...

"Select On to activate AutoSync. After you make changes to your web address book, click the Update Now button to automatically update your phone. Your phone will wake up, receive web changes and backup any changes made on your phone. When AutoSync is activated, signing out of your Backup Assistant web account will trigger an update if changes have been made to your web address book.

Select Off to disable AutoSync. Your mobile phone will not receive automatic wake up messages or changes you have made to your web address book. However, you can still get web changes sent to your mobile phone by selecting Backup Now from within the Backup Assistant application on your mobile phone."

-Frank

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T- Current :
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Frank, I found that, set it, hope it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S
    Yes you can. But you have to use the phone client. Here's a blurb from the website...

"Select On to activate AutoSync. After you make changes to your web address book, click the Update Now button to automatically update your phone. Your phone will wake up, receive web changes and backup any changes made on your phone. When AutoSync is activated, signing out of your Backup Assistant web account will trigger an update if changes have been made to your web address book.

Select Off to disable AutoSync. Your mobile phone will not receive automatic wake up messages or changes you have made to your web address book. However, you can still get web changes sent to your mobile phone by selecting Backup Now from within the Backup Assistant application on your mobile phone."

-Frank
    This simply disables the update from the Backup Assistant web site when you sign out (assuming you visited the site to check on something or actually change something). It actually/unfortunately doesn't have anything to do with the actual schedule used by Backup Assistant and how your phone performs the checking and updating. There were a few threads about this back when Backup Assistant became free to My Account users and it looks like there's no way to actually disable the application on your phone from checking, and updating, if necessary, everyday, short of uninstalling Backup Assistant. However, as some have pointed out, even though the phone checks everyday it doesn't actually perform any updates unless there are actually any changes. So there shouldn't be any minutes or anything else of that sort used, even though you might see your phone flash a message or something (on some it's a bit worse since they can actually make a sound, or a Get It Now message will actually stay on them until you check the phone) when it performs the check for changes.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade DM
    ...there's no way to actually disable the application on your phone from checking, and updating, if necessary, everyday, short of uninstalling Backup Assistant.
    Those b-stards! Well, personally, I don't mind it. But I stand corrected.

-Frank