Thread: best phone for reception on trac/net10

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score

best phone for reception on trac/net10

im looking at a few phones, the nokia 1100, nokia 1600, and the motorola c155. Which is the best phone for reception? is the Motorola best because it has an external antenna connector? is the connector on the c155 the same as on the one on the lg vx 5200? is it the same as the one on the Moto E815?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Repeat after me.... :-) For better reception in questionable reception areas, the correct answer is:

Nokia Nokia Nokia Nokia Nokia Nokia Nokia

Any questions? LOL!

Seriously, I love the Nokias. I really like the 1600 because of the number-screening feature. I haven't tried the 2600, just the 2126, the 1100, and the 1600.

The C155 is okay - but you end up turning the phone off every time you hang up a call because of the END key being the same key as the POWER OFF/ON key. Brilliant design - NOT! I've never tried the external antenna connector, have no idea if Tracfone lets that feature work or not.
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score
    so is the 1100 as good for RF as the 1600. what is number screening, does it just block calls from certian numbers?

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    My personal mileage has been that the 1100 is a very sturdy phone with excellent reception. I've had probably at least a dozen of them. I've had TWO 1600's, both were fine, both were hard-locked to Net10 with Cingular underlying.

With the 1100, you can "assign tones" to specific callers. There is a tone in the menu named "no tone." I use that one to screen callers that I want to send straight to voicemail.

With the 1600, "number screening" does the same thing, only more directly. You're given the option to add the number to "number screening" and once you do, the phone doesn't ring when they call, but the caller gets sent straight to voicemail.

With the newer and more elaborate Nokias, to get to this feature, you have to go through "Caller Groups" and name a group, then assign each caller to that group. Then you set the group's ring tone to something quiet and/or unique so that you know not to answer those calls. But I haven't been able to find the ringtone labeled "no tone" on those fancier phones (Nokia 6030 and Nokia 3595 are what come to mind right now, but this applies to many of the newer Nokias).

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I agree, the Nokia 1100 is a great phone, although basic -- without internet or a color screen. Very durable and good RF performance. Last I knew, they were 19.99 with 300 minutes on the Net10 site and 19.99 with two 60 minute cards on the Tracfone site.

Feedback Score
    umm, if the 1100 is so great, then why have you had over a dozen of them? i need more than 50 addressbook entries!

i have to admit, i have my eye on the v176, it's a cute phone.
    Last edited by hofo_ene; 02-07-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Phones
    Razr V3M
    Motorola W385
    Feedback Score
    The 1112 is pretty good also.I like it beter than the 1100.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_ene
    umm, if the 1100 is so great, then why have you had over a dozen of them? i need more than 50 addressbook entries!

i have to admit, i have my eye on the v176, it's a cute phone.

Back in the day... Tracfone had a little program called Refer-A-Friend (RAF). It was cheaper to buy a new phone and refer myself with a second email address than to buy minutes for the old phone. Tracfone killed RAF in October, and finally held the funeral last month. They are running other promotions that I believe are designed to get people to buy one phone and keep it active, but those promotions are not nearly as economical as RAF was (6-8 cpm if you work it right compared to 3-5 cpm the old way).

The Nokia 1100 actually does have room for more than 50 entries. The *PHONE* holds 50 numbers. The *SIM CARD* holds 200 I think. I've never needed more than 25 entries, so it mattered not to me.