Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL LG VX8500 Chocolate V5 Firmware Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung A-530```
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yep, im guessing that just means im one of the few that cant get to bitpim even through nv edit mode as thats what it sorta is saying. hehe

Feedback Score
    im not sure if it helps you guys, but with v5 on my phonewhen i put it into nvedit mode, i have to close out lgdownload before bitpim will recognize my phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss4131
    im not sure if it helps you guys, but with v5 on my phonewhen i put it into nvedit mode, i have to close out lgdownload before bitpim will recognize my phone.
    yeah that was discussed in here already. can't have both programs open with the same port being used.

-still playing with v06-

Device(s)
    LG-VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    I just called VZW Tech Support about this, and they simply told me to go into the store and get it flashed there. Tell the techies exactly what you want and they should be able to do it.

I simply told the techie on the phone that I bought my 8500 with v4 on it, and that I don't want to have v6 on my phone because of the loss in accessibility. She said no problem, just go to the VZW store and they should take care of it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/AT&T
    Feedback Score

I Know How To Make Bitpim Work With V6 And Lg Download!!!

I got that same error message in LGDownload. I also got my phone to work with bitpim.

You need the latest version of the 8500 dll and the latest version of lg download. The only way to allow bitpim to work with v6 is to have the 8500 dll.

I have all the files, if you want them. PM me

Device(s)
    LG VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hara Taiki
    I just called VZW Tech Support about this, and they simply told me to go into the store and get it flashed there. Tell the techies exactly what you want and they should be able to do it.

I simply told the techie on the phone that I bought my 8500 with v4 on it, and that I don't want to have v6 on my phone because of the loss in accessibility. She said no problem, just go to the VZW store and they should take care of it.
    I hope this is true cause this is idiotic. I loved my phone before but i broke it so i could get a new one (had scratches) and today I got my phone and find out this is going on with it. How gay of Verizon
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    [PowerMac G5 1.6] [OS 10.3.9] [1GB Ram] [Radeon 9600] [SuperDrive] [160GB HDD]
    [17" Apple LCD + 17" Sony LCD
    ] + [Vaio FS550 with 1GB] + [ 4GB iPod Mini] + PSP
    PC: 1GB DDR2 Ram/ P4 3.4 HT 2MB Cache / 250GB Sata HDD / Radeon X850 (pci-e) / 2 Sony Duel Layer DVD Burner / 7.1 HD Surround / Sony Floppy
    www.BebiPictures.com

Device(s)
    LG-VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    I've yet to make it to the store (been working a lot lately), but I am going to call the tech line again and try and be a little more specific.

Might be a problem if v4 is backdated. VZW isn't really allowed to reflash backdated software. But if you get a cool techie they might do it, either for a fee or for free. But if it's not backdated, we should be fine.

Device(s)
    lgvx8500
    Feedback Score
    You can still send the ringtones to yourself as a picture message, without using the cable at all...

Feedback Score
    yea I had v4 but lost my phone and when insurance came through i got stuck with v6. anyone find the cure yet for Verizon once again doing all they can to make my life miserable

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotixx
    yea I had v4 but lost my phone and when insurance came through i got stuck with v6. anyone find the cure yet for Verizon once again doing all they can to make my life miserable
    You should read the last 10 or 20 posts.
    You can use BitPim by putting the phone in NV Edit mode.

Feedback Score
    i thought it was v5 that u can still use NV edit mode n v6 completely locks you out of bitpim.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotixx
    i thought it was v5 that u can still use NV edit mode n v6 completely locks you out of bitpim.
    I figured that is what you thought. That's why I suggested reading the last 10 or 20 posts - you can see that people are still able to use BitPim just like they are with V05. They cannot flash their firmware though, or they end up with some rather funky/disturbing errors.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I figured that is what you thought. That's why I suggested reading the last 10 or 20 posts - you can see that people are still able to use BitPim just like they are with V05. They cannot flash their firmware though, or they end up with some rather funky/disturbing errors.

You can still use LG Download with v6. It will work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JFV1134
    You can still use LG Download with v6. It will work.
    Of course it does - that's the only way to put the phone into NV Edit/DM mode so you can use BitPim.

What I said was that you couldn't flash a V06 phone without ending up with "some rather funky/disturbing errors".

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Of course it does - that's the only way to put the phone into NV Edit/DM mode so you can use BitPim.

What I said was that you couldn't flash a V06 phone without ending up with "some rather funky/disturbing errors".
    corys00 has posted all 5 chocolate V06 firmware files including the new 2.47.0 DLL!!!

I have added this to my www.humpa.com/vzw page. I've also added a link to just the 2.47.0 DLL file if you don't want to download the 75mb file conaining all the firmwares

EDIT: Someone needs to try the 2.47.0 DLL with the V06 firmware. I assume it will work to flash a V06 chocolate back to V04, but no one has tried it yet that I know of.
    Last edited by Humpa; 03-27-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast