Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL LG VX8500 Chocolate V5 Firmware Thread

Device(s)
    g1 Android modified rc30
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alex159569
    well thats just stupid, i'm sticking to v4. also, future updates will probably be locked too, so it looks like v4 is the way to go for us chocolate owners. stupid verizon!
    knowing what little i do about firmware upgrades/downgrades, it will probably be a upgrade then downgrade method because downgrading is locked, but they have to allow upgrading firmware which may present a loophole. downloaded the v5 chocolate and v04 firmware and looking at it now line by line wiht hex editor.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid, LG VX 8550
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Smile Successful v05 to v04 flash

Good news, everyone! I downloaded the v5 Chocolate from here (the official Verizon version) and noticed that the DLL version was new too. I installed it and then put v5 on a spare Chocolate. I restarted the phone, then reflashed it successfully with v4.

I think the key is that you must have the 0.2.44.0 vx8500.dll.

Furthermore, putting the phone into NV Edit mode with LGDownload and the 0.2.44.0 DLL also allows BitPim to work with v5.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh
    Good news, everyone! I downloaded the v5 Chocolate from here (the official Verizon version) and noticed that the DLL version was new too. I installed it and then put v5 on a spare Chocolate. I restarted the phone, then reflashed it successfully with v4.

I think the key is that you must have the 0.2.44.0 vx8500.dll.

Furthermore, putting the phone into NV Edit mode with LGDownload and the 0.2.44.0 DLL also allows BitPim to work with v5.
    hmmmm ... interesting.
    I suppose we should have thought to try that dll.

At least someone was thinking.

EDIT: BTW, I added a rapidshare link to just that Dll file on my humpa.com/vzw page.
    Last edited by Humpa; 02-22-2007 at 12:30 AM.

Device(s)
    LG VX9700 (Dare)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    All of Verizon's work to block us....Down the drain in a week.

Device(s)
    lg vx7000(black)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    ive tried searching on how you guys do all this firmware flashing. i didnt wanna start a new thread. can anyone in here link me to the proper thread or explain pleasseeE? so i can use bitpimp with my ver5 chocolate.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juelz707
    ive tried searching on how you guys do all this firmware flashing. i didnt wanna start a new thread. can anyone in here link me to the proper thread or explain pleasseeE? so i can use bitpimp with my ver5 chocolate.
    No flashing needed. You just need to put LG Download in NV Edit/DM mode, as per this thread:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=981424

Just use the new 8500 Dll that no one thought to try, until alanh.

We knew that Verizon would need a way to flash a V05 phone, so I'm not sure why no one tried that Dll. I didn't realize that the Dll in that download was different - I had downloaded that zip, but I guess I wasn't thinking.

EDIT: but if you do want to flash back to V04, or to one of the other color firmwares, then use the chocolate firmware flashing sticky thread:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1008084
    EDIT2: and here's the multicolor chocolate firmware thread, as long as I'm posting links:
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1104800
    Remember that for cross-color chocolate flashing you need to rename the different color firmware file to match your color chocolate (just the VZV, VZW, VZG, or VZR letters).
    Last edited by Humpa; 02-22-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Device(s)
    lg vx7000(black)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    No flashing needed. You just need to put LG Download in NV Edit/DM mode, as per this thread:

We knew that Verizon would need a way to flash a V05 phone, so I'm not sure why no one tried that Dll. I didn't realize that the Dll in that download was different - I had downloaded that zip, but I guess I wasn't thinking.

EDIT: but if you do want to flash back to V04, or to one of the other color firmwares, then use the chocolate firmware flashing sticky thread:
    EDIT2: and here's the multicolor chocolate firmware thread, as long as I'm posting links:
    Remember that for cross-color chocolate flashing you need to rename the different color firmware file to match your color chocolate (just the VZV, VZW, VZG, or VZR letters).
    Appreciate it very much man! Yesterday when i came home with my new chocolate i was so sad i couldnt use it with bitpim. This is gonna be my first try with LGdownload. any tips? either way i have to wait until i get a chord.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juelz707
    Appreciate it very much man! Yesterday when i came home with my new chocolate i was so sad i couldnt use it with bitpim. This is gonna be my first try with LGdownload. any tips? either way i have to wait until i get a chord.
    I've always been partial to the D#
    ... sorry, couldn't resist.

The only tip I have is to read those threads. All the info should be in there. Though I would recommend version 1.6.3.6. Some of the LG guru's have suggested that version is the most stable? Personally, I'm not sure - I've not used any other version than that, so I don't know first hand. And don't ask for LG Download, or where to get it - you're on your own for that. It isn't freely available, and therefore it's against forum rules to discuss acquiring it.

Device(s)
    LG VX8500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Holy crap, I love you guys! Thanks for all the hard work on finding a fix! I knew Verizon's lockout wouldn't last long. Not too bad...I'll probably downgrade to v4 so I can use bitpim/bluetooth with my Mac (good thing I still have a Windows machine too, lol).

FYI, they just dropped the price on all the other colors (flavors?) of the Chocolate to match the current deal on the Strawberry, so I think I'll be using my new every 2 deal to get myself a Mint one. Yay free phone!

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate (Strawberry)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, ner.
    Feedback Score
    Just though I'd confirm that this works perfectly. Thanks, guys. I knew there had to be a way around. I don't have any interest in downgrading to V4, unless there's a Strawberry version, heh, but it's nice to be able to use BitPim.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

What color would you use for the Strawberry Chocolate, since it isn't available yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa

There are the 4 mentioned colors of firmware, VZV, VZW, VZG, VZR letters.
    Which would I use for the Strawberry??? Possibly VZP for Pink or do I use one of the others?? I want to keep the V05 firmware, just want to use Bitpim.

Thanks, Metman07.

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Very good news indeed!

Device(s)
    lg vx8500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hey guys! thanks for all the help but to be honest im straight up lost. can anyone explain how to do this with a mac?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metman07
    There are the 4 mentioned colors of firmware, VZV, VZW, VZG, VZR letters.
    Which would I use for the Strawberry??? Possibly VZP for Pink or do I use one of the others?? I want to keep the V05 firmware, just want to use Bitpim.

Thanks, Metman07.
    If you have a strawberry chocolate, see what your firmware version is. The letters are listed on the firmware version.
    Settings & Tools > Phone Info > S/W Version

EDIT: but if you don't want to flash to V04, then you do not need that letter for anything.

What is it that you are trying to do? If you are just trying to use BitPim on your V05 chocolate, then follow that link to put your phone in NV Edit/DM mode.
    Last edited by Humpa; 02-22-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ibesaam
    hey guys! thanks for all the help but to be honest im straight up lost. can anyone explain how to do this with a mac?
    Use a pc.
    LG Download doesn't work with a mac

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast