Thread: Can I transfer my voicemail messages to my computer?

Phone
    Motorola e815 Alltel
    Carrier
    Nextel, now Alltel
    Feedback Score

Can I transfer my voicemail messages to my computer?

Is there a way I can save my voicemail messages from my Alltel e815 phone to my PC? I had a Nextel before this phone and was able to use GotVoice for this with no problem, but GotVoice doesn't support Alltel. I have about 7 sentimental voicemails that I'd really like to keep. Is it possible with this phone? Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Dana
    dana

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here ya go, try this . Most RadioShacks have it in what they jokingly refer to as the "Divorce Kit" section, with the other various telephone recorders, high-sensitivity listening devices, digital camera binoculars, etc.

You'll need an earpiece to plug into this in order to traverse your voice mail system's menu. I suggest using your phone's "mute" function to prevent sounds around you from echoing back off the network so you get a clean recording.

Plug this into the microphone jack on your computer and use your favorite audio recording software to capture a permanent record. I'd SAVE the items in your voicemail box until you're sure you've captured everything and are satisfied with the quality.

Then do like every other RadioShack customer does: take it back when you're done. After all, it's likely the device you're buying has been rented dozens of times before, returned as soon as "she moved out" or "the papers were finalized."

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CumNGetUrLove
    except for the fact that danahoffman63 has the RAZR which doesn't have a 2.5 mm jack on it
    Not a problem, either. Motorola EMU-to-2.5mm adapters are virtually a dime a dozen on eBay.

Phone
    Motorola e815 Alltel
    Carrier
    Nextel, now Alltel
    Feedback Score
    KG4 Thank you for your information! I'll give that a try BTW, I don't have a RAZR (anymore), I have an Alltel e815, and It's not a 'divorce' situation or anything of the kind, but I'll certainly take it back when I'm done!
    Thanks again! Dana

Phones
    Tour
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can also use the youmail.com voicemail. You can hear your voicemails online. Again, as I posted on the Verizon forums, I do not work for VZW or YOUMAIL, nor am I soliciting for them. I am just helping out.
    I am not paid by anyone to post here, or respond on this Forum. Anything I post is my opinion and my opinion only.

Any companies or websites I post here are from personal use only, and I am not employed or earning a commission for recommending them, and or from using them.

Thank You!