Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    Device(s)
    Apple iphone 3G S 16gig white
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening

    Just called Rogers.

    I asked about any unlimited data plans coming up, The CSR told me they will NEVER have unlimited data plans..but will be having various ones starting in march with new HSDPA handsets.. and new handsets will come out quaterly.. ( dont know if this is old news ) Anyone know if this guy is talking the truth??

    Btw.. I am on cityfido ( $45/SAF included ) and even though its a kick *** plan..Fido is kinda lacking in handsets and cool features.. Thinking of switching over to have more options.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    7,020
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sure it's the truth. Low-level functionaries across the world now dictate company policy once only decided by corporate executives, CEOs and Boards of Directors. Didn't you know that?
    For sale: MacBook Pro 15" flawless[/URL]

    ______________________

    Previous feedback system: HowEver

    New feedback (more elsewhere): HowEver


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    732
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can use the Rogers handsets over the network with Fido no?
    425 Daytime | UL E/W @ 8PM | 100 CDN LD | 6GB Data | 2500SMS/CID/VM | $48 all in

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    6,752
    Device(s)
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    0
    no u cant cuz they still locked their phones. they should just unlocked it for god sakes


    SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

    Heatware: marktang

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    1,566
    Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HowEver
    Sure it's the truth. Low-level functionaries across the world now dictate company policy once only decided by corporate executives, CEOs and Boards of Directors. Didn't you know that?
    Actually, didn't you know it is Ted Rogers who is handling the call centre today?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    10,626
    Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless; total Fido pwnage (literally)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stogats
    Just called Rogers.

    I asked about any unlimited data plans coming up, The CSR told me they will NEVER have unlimited data plans..but will be having various ones starting in march with new HSDPA handsets.. and new handsets will come out quaterly.. ( dont know if this is old news ) Anyone know if this guy is talking the truth??

    Btw.. I am on cityfido ( $45/SAF included ) and even though its a kick *** plan..Fido is kinda lacking in handsets and cool features.. Thinking of switching over to have more options.
    Just use the money you save with CF and buy yourself an unlocked handset. Wouldn't make sense to give up such a precious plan just to get access to cell phones that you can otherwise buy unlocked.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    2,580
    Feedback Score
    0
    You could consider picking up headset from manufacturers.... If you don't have discipline in talking on the phone. (like myself) Don't be surprised if you get a $500 phone bill every month

    That 500 dollar could have gotten yourself a new HSDPA phone EVERY MONTH

    "CRACKBERRY" Webster's 2006 word of the year
    Feedback:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=391655

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    463
    Device(s)
    •—Motorola v400, Nokia 6030, Sony Ericsson GC82, Audiovox SMT5600 (Retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by I2icky
    Just use the money you save with CF and buy yourself an unlocked handset. Wouldn't make sense to give up such a precious plan just to get access to cell phones that you can otherwise buy unlocked.
    Some people don't see CityFido as saving them $6.95+taxes per month. I hope people do switch to Rogers and they realise on the other side, the grass isn't greener. Who cares about pathetic 700 daytime minute plans for $50+6.95 when you get unlimited for only $45? Save the money you'd pay for SAF every month and at the end of 2 years, you'll have a very lush handset fund.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    452
    Device(s)
    8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    never say never :P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    0
    I could see them raising the cap but highly unlikely they would ever offer completely unltd plan.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    695
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Meanwhile, Bell offers unlimited Mobile Browser for $5 on their faster (compared to EDGE) 1x network.

    Stupid Rogers.

    - KJ

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    463
    Device(s)
    •—Motorola v400, Nokia 6030, Sony Ericsson GC82, Audiovox SMT5600 (Retired)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Reasonable data prices would be:

    $5 for 25 mb
    $25 for 250mb
    $50 for unlimited

    Not applicable to BB service.

    People can afford those prices. If Rogers really wants to gouge people, why not gouge that with money like the corporations that think they need crackberries? 100 consumers signing up for the unlimited plan is way more revenue than 1 single user signing up for the current 250mb plan. Is Rogers stupid or something? Volume is always going to win over screwing one customer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    13,538
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (IWork4 WirelessWave Southgate: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

    Never say never...

    If people stop paying for data on bellus or fidgers than you will see a change.... And there is really no other option in site other than cell towers...
    What is Understood, Need Not Be Discussed...."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    452
    Device(s)
    8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ-TypeR
    Meanwhile, Bell offers unlimited Mobile Browser for $5 on their faster (compared to EDGE) 1x network.

    Stupid Rogers.

    - KJ
    yeah that's WAP, I believe rogers has that now too.
    Try browsing with a full html browser loaded onto your phone like opera mini and see if your bill goes up any :P

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    10,796
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (& Telus, but waiting for number portability)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ-TypeR
    Meanwhile, Bell offers unlimited Mobile Browser for $5 on their faster (compared to EDGE) 1x network.

    Stupid Rogers.

    - KJ
    1x is not faster than EDGE.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks