Phones
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Motorola SLVR L7c (Ret)
    Samsung N330 (Ret)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billmarchetti
    the black one is on testman.verizonwireless.com...
    if this has already been posted don't shoot me, just trying to help...

http://testman.verizonwireless.com/b...0Cell%20Phones
    Interesting...it's not showing for me on that link...still only shows the gold one. The site remembers my location (Northeast Indiana) from my visits to the normal site, so maybe the site is area specific and it's just that my area won't be getting it right away?

FWIW, I asked a rep today about the black u740 and he said they're usually told about phones 3 - 4 weeks in advance, and he's never heard of it. Again, it could just be that my area won't be getting it for a while. Who knows? I guess I'll find out sooner or later!
    -Terran-

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran
    Interesting...it's not showing for me on that link...still only shows the gold one. The site remembers my location (Northeast Indiana) from my visits to the normal site, so maybe the site is area specific and it's just that my area won't be getting it right away?

FWIW, I asked a rep today about the black u740 and he said they're usually told about phones 3 - 4 weeks in advance, and he's never heard of it. Again, it could just be that my area won't be getting it for a while. Who knows? I guess I'll find out sooner or later!
    use 99999 as the zip code. that should work, as I'm viewing the black model now!

Phones
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Motorola SLVR L7c (Ret)
    Samsung N330 (Ret)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    That did the trick! Thanks.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    If they are the same phone how come the black costs $50 more. Im guessing its because its newer. Do any past trends with other phones indicate that after a while both will cost the same? I already have had the champagne colored one for over a month but the black looks classy i cant wait to see it

Phones
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Motorola SLVR L7c (Ret)
    Samsung N330 (Ret)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by biggd963
    If they are the same phone how come the black costs $50 more. Im guessing its because its newer. Do any past trends with other phones indicate that after a while both will cost the same? I already have had the champagne colored one for over a month but the black looks classy i cant wait to see it
    The MotoQ in silver and black. When the black model first came out, the price difference used to be $50-$100 (with the black model being more expensive, as it was newer). Now, there is only a $30 price difference. That suggests to me that the black price will "catch up" with the silver and they'll be the same low price.

Phones
    Kyocera Candybar for work
    RAZR V3T
    SCH-u740
    Carriers
    TMobile
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    At first glance, the Samsung SCH-u740 Black looks like a sleek, high-style, high-class, champagne-colored handset. All looks. All style. But don't be fooled. This handset has an alias - a dual-flip form factor that transforms it from a standard handset to a mini messaging center, complete with a full QWERTY keyboard.
    Black Champagne?

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxSTiMULi
    Black Champagne?
    I assume you pulled that from the testman site

Phones
    LG 9800 (Current)
    Audiovox 9900 (Backup)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Found this on the vzw site today. Hopefully this is a little bit better of a picture

Phone
    Samsung u740
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got my champagne wonder on Monday, think I could scheme a way to swap it for a black version? Guess I could put the 30 day return policy to use and reactivate my old phone until the black version is released.

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Novatel V740
    Nokia 6015i (RIP old friend)
    Carriers
    ATT (voice)
    Feedback Score
    The black dummy unit arrived at my local Circuit City Verizon today. It's a nice metallic matte black finish, not rubberized. It's much sharper looking than the champagne.

Phone
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    anyone know when it's being released???? how longs it been on testman???

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Based on how fast information has come on this one, it seems like it could drop any day now.

Phone
    Blackberry 8130
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    uggh, tomorrow is my 15th day with the champaign one.

Phone
    Samsung A930
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would definitely be more inclined to buy it now that they have it in black. Still wish they'd put a better screen resolution on it.
    Stupidity kills!

Phone
    Samsung u740
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only bad thing about knowing the black version is coming is that now I don't want to put any time into customizing everything on my champagne one

Y'know I just realized something (may have already been posted) but there's a black version of the phone in the main menu of the my desk theme, shoulda noticed that in the store and just waited haha.
    Last edited by jp22382; 04-09-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast